Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It showed the rest of the league that without Vardy and Wilf were easily beatable something we will more than likely see again on Wednesday.  

Not for me. Leeds did a job on us. No one in the league play like Leeds. 

We played Everton off the pitch less than a week ago... 

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Has no one bothered going down to Seagrave to read some number plates or spot any movement? 

I presume it's a one way in and one way out. 

Not sure about that, those newts have probably dug an underground tunnel for a secret entrance

1 minute ago, Kent-Fox said:

Josh king 6 month loan deal would have been perfect 

then get who we want in the summer 

If people think Perez and Iheanacho are bad I dread to think of the abuse Joshua King would get. Apart from one good season he is truly useless. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if that were true, yesterday and last week showed how mediocre we are at getting results when we miss key players. The frustration is that 2 years running we are top 3 at the half way stage and in the knockout stages of Europe, plus got a chance to go far in the FA Cup and yet we fail to strengthen our squad and alleviate the burden.

I get this frustration. However, I think recruitment in this month is equally frustrating for the club. If you look at our signings in January since we’ve been promoted, it’s only actually Huth and Ndidi who stand out. The rest have been poor (Wague, Bennett etc.). When you contrast that with the majority of our summer windows (2016 being the exception), it’s chalk and cheese. 

The difficulty we have is that the calibre of player we need is either not willing to move in Jan or is over priced. Take the player whose gone from Liverpool to Saints. He’ll start there. If we went in for him, he’s fighting Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison for a starting spot. Immediately, his thought process will be, I’m better off on the bench at Liverpool then Leicester. 

I don’t think we are unprepared or unwilling to do business this month. It’s just that it’s a ridiculously difficult month for a side like ours to do such business which will genuinely improve us. 

It is boring though! 

• Like 2

Just now, peach0000 said:

If people think Perez and Iheanacho are bad I dread to think of the abuse Joshua King would get. Apart from one good season he is truly useless. 

Plus he is on around 100k a week apparently which Bournemouth would want paying. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

One game means nothing in football. You need to look at the bigger picture. When you do you will realise we are doing amazingly, are ambitious and are threatening to do something every club bar 6 in the country can only dream of doing. I really struggle to engage on this place after a defeat as it's always seems to be treated like the end of the world. 

Rodgers and the club are doing great, I understand it is a tough market but I certainly don’t blame those that are worried about our forward options either. I’m worried too. People will remember the relegation form we hit last season when we suffered key injuries. Perez is no striker and it is clear Rodgers doesn’t trust Kelechi, so we have no genuine options. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

Plus he is on around 100k a week apparently which Bournemouth would want paying. 

I did not realise that. Imagine paying him that. For all the little bournemouth talk over the last few years they didn't half throw money at absolute trash at times lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Not for me. Leeds did a job on us. No one in the league play like Leeds. 

We played Everton off the pitch less than a week ago... 

Come on. No one in the top six should lose to Leeds. No one plays like Leeds because it’s mental and suicidal. They won’t be comfortably safe come the seasons end, because Bielsa’s sides historically burn out towards the end of the season. 

We lost because we were terrible, Leeds are the ideal team for us to play against because of the space they leave behind. Ordinarily we batter them like we did last time. But with shit in the side like Mendy and Perez we stand no chance at all. I maintain that without Wilf and Vardy were ordinary. We get away with it when we have one or the other, but lose both and we’re ****ed. You’ll see it again on Wednesdays we will lose because of the lack of aggression in midfield and upfront.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Chalobah link was odd but they wanted to look at Eriksen and made enquiries so they've tried to be ambitious. Our current placing means we won't get players from the rest of the top six/ seven and then we are looking abroad. Have the Brexit regulations affected deals in that respect?

The market has been pretty quiet barring Liverpool grabbing a couple of back-up centre-halves.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I get this frustration. However, I think recruitment in this month is equally frustrating for the club. If you look at our signings in January since we’ve been promoted, it’s only actually Huth and Ndidi who stand out. The rest have been poor (Wague, Bennett etc.). When you contrast that with the majority of our summer windows (2016 being the exception), it’s chalk and cheese. 

The difficulty we have is that the calibre of player we need is either not willing to move in Jan or is over priced. Take the player whose gone from Liverpool to Saints. He’ll start there. If we went in for him, he’s fighting Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison for a starting spot. Immediately, his thought process will be, I’m better off on the bench at Liverpool then Leicester. 

I don’t think we are unprepared or unwilling to do business this month. It’s just that it’s a ridiculously difficult month for a side like ours to do such business which will genuinely improve us. 

It is boring though! 

You're forgetting Tielemans

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Come on. No one in the top six should lose to Leeds. No one plays like Leeds because it’s mental and suicidal. They won’t be comfortably safe come the seasons end, because Bielsa’s sides historically burn out towards the end of the season. 

We lost because we were terrible, Leeds are the ideal team for us to play against because of the space they leave behind. Ordinarily we batter them like we did last time. But with shit in the side like Mendy and Perez we stand no chance at all. I maintain that without Wilf and Vardy were ordinary. We get away with it when we have one or the other, but lose both and we’re ****ed. You’ll see it again on Wednesdays we will lose because of the lack of aggression in midfield and upfront.

Speak to you Wednesday night I'm off to the safe house until then :D