Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

I see the MLS is being targeted for short term loans and options to sign permanently as their league has been suspended until at least April.

Not sure on work permit issues but Cole Bassett from Colarado is getting a lot of interest for European clubs and would fit the profile of midfielder we are after.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I see the MLS is being targeted for short term loans and options to sign permanently as their league has been suspended until at least April.

Not sure on work permit issues but Cole Bassett from Colarado is getting a lot of interest for European clubs and would fit the profile of midfielder we are after.

Josef Martinez in that case, Mr Rudkin. 

I'm not surprised to see a really quiet window. Scouting must be impossible unless you've been watching someone for a long time. Organising medicals probably a ball ache with all the travel restrictions, players reluctant to move their families or move away and domestic transfers are never easy in Jan. 

I reckon they'll be a few domestic loan to buy moves around deadline day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Only 4 premier league signings this month.

Doubtful anyone will get anything done unless there's a flurry of late moves.

Really strange that the PL is probably the most financially well off and the French league the worst from the pandemic and yet there is multiple signings being made by French teams. Either they're off their heads and the PL clubs are being very cautious or something's afoot.

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not surprised to see a really quiet window. Scouting must be impossible unless you've been watching someone for a long time. Organising medicals probably a ball ache with all the travel restrictions, players reluctant to move their families or move away and domestic transfers are never easy in Jan. 

I reckon they'll be a few domestic loan to buy moves around deadline day. 

Doesn't seem to be a problem for European clubs.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Doesn't seem to be a problem for European clubs.

UK clubs also have to deal with post Brixit points-based system which has been introduced for players from the EU.

So that and COVID is have a impact, id imagine. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

UK clubs also have to deal with post Brixit points-based system which has been introduced for players from the EU.

So that and COVID is have a impact, id imagine. 

That isn't an issue for the majority of PL type signings.

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

That would be around 105m.

40m for ings 

40m for cantwell

25m for eduaord 

Why spend so much when there are quality free agents galore and club taking out huge loans for infrastructure. Yes I’d sign Edouard and under. But then Thauvin and otavio on free transfers with say £10m signing on fees. £56m spend in the summer would be ideal and not too ruthless 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Why spend so much when there are quality free agents galore and club taking out huge loans for infrastructure. Yes I’d sign Edouard and under. But then Thauvin and otavio on free transfers with say £10m signing on fees. £56m spend in the summer would be ideal and not too ruthless 

I havent said anything about spending that amount.

I think it would be obsurd to do so.

I'm just pointing out that for those 3 players that wouldn't really improve the squad that much other than inns would cost 105m ish

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I dream this is our 22 man squad going into next season

Barnes/Cantwell Vardy/Edouard Under/Albrighton

Maddison/Praet Ndidi/Mendy Tielemans/Dewsbury-Hall 

Justin/Thomas Soyuncu/Fofana Evans/Amartey Ricardo/Castagne

Schmeichel/Ward

Looks good. Unfortunately like recent seasons we seem to lose 1 player from our starting XI. Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez. Can see it happening again in the summer. Question is who will it be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Looks good. Unfortunately like recent seasons we seem to lose 1 player from our starting XI. Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez. Can see it happening again in the summer. Question is who will it be. 

Gray..... :beer:

• Haha 1

Tarkowski £10/15m ?

Thauvin Free 

Creative Mid

And that elusive striker that replaces Vardy... Vardy can not go on forever.

if we have CL/EL we need an able deputy that steps into Vardy shoes the season after

if we could get change out of £80m for the four I would be happy.

teh rest of the the squad is there...young and improving..

3 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Tarkowski £10/15m ?

Thauvin Free 

Creative Mid

And that elusive striker that replaces Vardy... Vardy can not go on forever.

if we have CL/EL we need an able deputy that steps into Vardy shoes the season after

if we could get change out of £80m for the four I would be happy.

teh rest of the the squad is there...young and improving..

Where we getting 80 odd million from?