Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

50 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

We don’t need to spend that much anyway. Squads pretty much there. But weren’t be happy if it’s a case of one or the other with Thauvin/under! Barnes for example hasn’t been rested at all, because we don’t have any options. You need 3 quality wingers at the club. 

Dont think we need a back up to Vardy ? 
PL and Poss CL season... JV can not play twice a week anymore...

You say we don’t need to spend that much, yet seems you want thauvin and under...

If this guy is accurate (anyone know how reliable he usually is?) then it's clearly us or WH. West ham are set to get Lingard, I wonder if that may affect this? AMN being their second choice maybe? 

I really hope it's not us. It'll take 6 months to figure out his best position...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Looks good. Unfortunately like recent seasons we seem to lose 1 player from our starting XI. Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez. Can see it happening again in the summer. Question is who will it be. 

I doubt it tbh. Very few teams have the money right now. Chelsea probably would have the money, but the only position they would probably buy from us is DM, and they seem to have a raging boner for Rice. 

I would have worried about Ricardo to PSG, but with this MediaPro scandal I doubt PSG will be splashing the cash.

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I doubt it tbh. Very few teams have the money right now. Chelsea probably would have the money, but the only position they would probably buy from us is DM, and they seem to have a raging boner for Rice. 

I would have worried about Ricardo to PSG, but with this MediaPro scandal I doubt PSG will be splashing the cash.

I just think we will do well to keep hold of Ndidi, Tielmans and Maddison. They have been superb so far. Then you look at the form of Barnes and Justin. 2 young players getting better in each game. Not to mention Fofana as well. If we can keep these players and add to in the summer we’ll have done extremely well. I just have a feeling 1 of those players could go. I hope not. 

13 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I just think we will do well to keep hold of Ndidi, Tielmans and Maddison. They have been superb so far. Then you look at the form of Barnes and Justin. 2 young players getting better in each game. Not to mention Fofana as well. If we can keep these players and add to in the summer we’ll have done extremely well. I just have a feeling 1 of those players could go. I hope not. 

If we get top 4 I don't see any of them leaving right now.

• Like 1

If the Otavio and Eriksen calls are valid, then surely its likely we are looking for a bit of experience (In the middle) to get us over the line?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If the Otavio and Eriksen calls are valid, then surely its likely we are looking for a big of experience (In the middle) to get us over the line?

LET'S HOPE SO! 

It'd be amazing to pick up a talented player that can play in the YT & Madders role to sure us up - especially if that player was of a seriously prolific pedigree. 

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we get top 4 I don't see any of them leaving right now.

I can't see us selling any of our key players unless if it's a full back or a centre back for 70 odd million to balance the books and then go out and strengthen up top.

I can only see Soyunco or Ricardo fitting in to that category and I still have my doubts if we'll part with either - especially if we finish top four - which will be a big ask.

Ricardo would have been the obvious choice to move on given his value, his age and given that we now have JJ and Timothy but seeing as he's been injured for the best part of the season, I doubt anyone would be willing to part with the cash we would be demanding so i imagine we will hold on to him for another season. 

Soyuncu would be the other one that we could probably just about live with losing. He's a great CB but with Fofana and Evans, if we were looking to move one on, it would be him. 

Hopefully we dont lose anyone but I can kind of see Maddison being the one if his current form continues. The only saving grace is that when you look at the teams who would be potentially able to spend that sort of money, most of them are fairly well stocked in #10's. Which is another reason Soyuncu could be the one... Almost all those teams who DON'T need an ACM could do with a CB ( Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City).

Hamza out, Maitland-Niles in, is the rumour.

People may underestimate Maitland-Niles as due to his superior athletic ability he’s been used in various positions at Arsenal but really he’s very similar to Praet in skill set. He wants to be seen as a number 8/winger moving forwards. Would love for there to be an option to buy in there. 

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

People may underestimate Maitland-Niles as due to his superior athletic ability he’s been used in various positions at Arsenal but really he’s very similar to Praet in skill set. He wants to be seen as a number 8/winger moving forwards. Would love for there to be an option to buy in there. 

Admittedly I don't watch an enormous amount of Arsenal games but those that I have, and especially against us, he has been the worst player on the pitch and looks like  a red card liability. He may just be raw, but I couldn't see him possibly playing enough games for us to improve, especially in those positions. I think he'd be like Iheanacho - someone who badly needs to go to a midtable side where they can learn their trade by playing week in and week out. If he isn't getting that at Arsenal he isn't going to get that by stepping up to a top four side.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry but he's nothing like Praet. 

• Like 1

Just spoke to my Arsenal supporting mate about Maitland Niles and he's delighted at the prospect of him leaving. 

Says he can be good on occasion but wildly inconsistent. Also says that he is far too lazy to be a CM at this level and not good enough defensively to be a FB. He has him down purely as a wingback. 

Absolutely keechin ma breeks at the prospect of signing him now!

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maitland-Niles is so so average, he honestly isn't much better than Hamza. This would be like Bennett as a last resort signing purely to get us to when Praet is back.

How he has 5 England caps whilst we have about 100 decent right backs and Justin, Barnes and Maddison have 2 between them is beyond me.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

How he has 5 England caps whilst we have about 100 decent right backs and Justin, Barnes and Maddison have 2 between them is beyond me.

It's simple. Southgate's puppetmasters value players at the big 6 clubs as they will bring in more money through TV ratings, tickets, merchandise, etc. To them, regarding selection, ability and form are close to irrelevant.

Edited by Raw Dykes

Really surprised Arsenal would give us someone on loan. I'd be happy enough to give AMN a go, but surely he can't be expecting to come here and be first choice? If that's what he wants he'll go West Brom. Never really seen him play in midfield but he does look like someone who can run with the ball which I do think is something we lack in the middle. I don't really see how he replaces Hamza though. 

He's not coming here.

Ormstein tweeted that when West Ham were still 4th yesterday. 

The issue we have is if he goes to WBA then Hamza is stuck and we will probably just stick with what we've got.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maitland-Niles is so so average, he honestly isn't much better than Hamza. This would be like Bennett as a last resort signing purely to get us to when Praet is back.

I think you are being a bit disingenuous to Maitland-Niles tbh Ric. He’s a far better player with the ball than Hamza is. He’s a superior dribbler, he’s always positive in possession and he’s also combative in the challenge. 

He was moved to play right back when Bellerin was injured due to his athletic ability, he was used as a right wing back under Emery mainly, but did also play games in central midfield. He nearly went to Wolves last summer (who are another club with a brilliant track record of being a good judge of talent for recruitment) but Arsenal wanted to keep hold of him, he played really well in the Community shield and Arteta talked him up, yet he’s barely featured this season. He fits Brendan’s mould of great potential, who’s been written off by most. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

Some on here are saying we could sell Soyuncu, but he needs to playing every week to make sure we get a very good price for him rather than a good/O.K. transfer fee!  Fofana has taken the plaudits and the media are focusing on him at the moment and rightly so.