Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

4 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Why spend so much when there are quality free agents galore and club taking out huge loans for infrastructure. Yes I’d sign Edouard and under. But then Thauvin and otavio on free transfers with say £10m signing on fees. £56m spend in the summer would be ideal and not too ruthless 

Yeah I agree if we listen to the rumours and apply some logic to them then I think this is the outcome.

Edited by les-tah

4 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I havent said anything about spending that amount.

I think it would be obsurd to do so.

I'm just pointing out that for those 3 players that wouldn't really improve the squad that much other than inns would cost 105m ish

Edouard won't cost £25m, probably more like £15m, no more than that if he doesn't go in this window.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Europe ,TV, PL payments... 
you think we won’t spend at all ?

We don’t need to spend that much anyway. Squads pretty much there. But weren’t be happy if it’s a case of one or the other with Thauvin/under! Barnes for example hasn’t been rested at all, because we don’t have any options. You need 3 quality wingers at the club. 

5 hours ago, Fox85 said:

That would be around 105m.

40m for ings 

40m for cantwell

25m for eduaord 

Those estimated prices are way off IMO. Ings won't be more than 20/25 with only a year left on his contract in the summer, Eduoard will be 15 at a maximum as he also has 12 months left on his contract.

This is obviously is we move for them in the summer though, neither will leave this window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A current top 4 side are in for maitland niles on loan - could be us couldn't it? He's a utility player so could see hamza on his way?

Screenshot_20210128-225502_Chrome.jpg

Us or West Ham you’d imagine. Rather sign someone who knows what position is their best rather than a utility player. He’s gets played as a wing back mostly doesn’t he?

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

In the article it says arsenal would prefer him joining the top 4 side rather than wba. Maybe need gray and hamza out first? 

Think it will be us.  Couple of Arsenal fans on their forum think so too.  Although they’re only speculating though but more likely us than anybody else I think 

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A current top 4 side are in for maitland niles on loan - could be us couldn't it? He's a utility player so could see hamza on his way?

Screenshot_20210128-225502_Chrome.jpg

If he’s looking for game time, doubt he’ll come here knowing we have a fairly settled first 11. Also, we’re a direct rival for the top 6/top4. Not happening 

I hope we are not in for Maitland-Niles.  I like to get behimd Leicester players and I enjoy whinging about Maitland-Niles and others from the hyped 6 unworthily winning England caps.  I generally make a comparison  with the wrongly uncapped Albrighton to press home my point.

Therefore, I would feel compromised if he joined us.

• Haha 1

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Plays mostly as a RWB doesn't he? A position we are relatively stacked in now Ricardo is back. Can't see him coming here to sit on the bench when he could just as easily sit on the bench at Arsenal. 

Think he sees himself as a centre mid. Sure he said he doesn't wanna play rb under Unai Emery

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Plays mostly as a RWB doesn't he? A position we are relatively stacked in now Ricardo is back. Can't see him coming here to sit on the bench when he could just as easily sit on the bench at Arsenal. 

He is mainly a centre mid that got made to play at right back

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/im-not-a-defender-maitland-niles-makes-arsenal-admission/shn3rdw2ybb11b9zfy0ubthtj

It won’t be us. 

We’re after an attacking midfielder. He’s already said that.

I don’t think we’ll end up with anyone. Normally you’d hear rumblings by now. We’ve had nothing concrete at all really. 

This lad plays mainly down the right doesn’t he? Arguably our strongest position with Riccy P and Timmy! We’re not sending Hamza out to bring someone else to sit on the bench are we? None of this makes sense.

Move on 

Would be way down the list of players I'd want us to sign as a central midfielder. In fact if we are going to go for a utility player then Zinchenko would be a better fit for the type of player we need whilst Praet is out. What does Maitland-Niles actually ever do? Doesn't create, doesn't protect that well either. Probably a good Choudhury replacement as in the sort of academy player that hasn't made the necessary progress and you aren't sure what he's actually that strong at.

NO

• Haha 1