Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

There was an interview with BR in Liecstershire live today about how they go about signing players....

He said they usually get a 3 man shortlist for any position that they need. Those are the 3 that Congers and Rudkin take away and they scout, do analysis on and call around to vet their personality. 

We know Erikson and Odegaard were 1 and 2 so I have to imagine we have 1 more in mind...

Yeah saw that, nice to get an insight into how it all works :) 

I said above no chance of 'Big 6', but Mourinho's ego might let him let a certain someone who is surplus to requirements join a rival... :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He'd be tailored made for Scottish football tbh, I'd have him in a minute.

I'd love to see him go head to head with Morelos for most red cards in a season. Imagine Hamza in an Old Firm game, with actual crowd. Scenes.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

There was an interview with BR in Liecstershire live today about how they go about signing players....

He said they usually get a 3 man shortlist for any position that they need. Those are the 3 that Congers and Rudkin take away and they scout, do analysis on and call around to vet their personality. 

We know Erikson and Odegaard were 1 and 2 so I have to imagine we have 1 more in mind...

I probably wouldn't bet against Otavio.

Negotiations being trying to hammer down a price to get him early.

Edited by Finnegan

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think he will be - hes put something up on his Instagram.

Just realised tonight is a cup game and they also play Monday, so even if he isn't joining he might not be playing tonight or monday so perhaps best we don't read into line ups this time.

I reckon its more likely to be someone from a British side. Cantwell or McGregor if its someone we've been linked with. Who else was we linked with in the summer? David Brooks? Sarr? (although its probably someone who can play central rather than a winger. 

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I reckon its more likely to be someone from a British side. Cantwell or McGregor if its someone we've been linked with. Who else was we linked with in the summer? David Brooks? Sarr? (although its probably someone who can play central rather than a winger. 

Yeah, if he's talking about the Hamza deal hinging on it then it's most definately a CM. 

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Do we?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I would think we're prirotizing a loan, and I don't see either Cantwell or McGregor as likely loan candidates.

Worth remembering that 'loan' these days can essentially just mean a quicker way of getting an eventual perm deal done. 

Paying a champ team like norwich £xm now for a loan will mean they can buy/loan someone in too and then we give them the rest of the cash in the summer if he impresses.

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Each to his own. We need a CM more than we need a striker.

I mean yes, but what does that mean for dewsbury-hall? Id have no problems loaning the guy. But paying big bucks for one of Brendan’s favourites would really block KDH’s progression. 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Worth remembering that 'loan' these days can essentially just mean a quicker way of getting an eventual perm deal done. 

Paying a champ team like norwich £xm now for a loan will mean they can buy/loan someone in too and then we give them the rest of the cash in the summer if he impresses.

But I don't think we want to buy another attacking mid, necessarily - and since there's little incentive for their parent clubs to loan out either of those guys unless it's a de facto sale, I don't see the advantage for either side.  Unless of course Praet has made it clear he wants out in the summer and they're making contingency plans - but then there's the KDH problem.

Edited by Deeg67

Considering we signed Ryan Bennett to provide injury cover last January, it really could be anyone lol 

If its someone we just want until the summer and have no real intention of signing, to play the odd minute here and there then it could be a Will Hughes, Joe Allen type lol

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean yes, but what does that mean for dewsbury-hall? Id have no problems loaning the guy. But paying big bucks for one of Brendan’s favourites would really block KDH’s progression. 

It would also give us the chance see if a promoted team would want him on loan in the premier league next season 

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

It would also give us the chance see if a promoted team would want him on loan in the premier league next season 

I wouldn’t mind if mcGregor was actually better than KDH but I really don’t think he  is 

21 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Do we?

Well, Erikson rumours came from Percy so that's nailed on that we atleast inquired. The Odegaard links are a bit more tenuous but plenty of outlets reported on it some it doesn't seem too much of a stretch. 

• Like 1