Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

What's your favorite Christmas song?

This has probably been done to death every year but I'm bored, so what the fvck.

All this talk of the Pogues lyrics and if it's a good song or not made me wonder - what's your favourite Xmas song?

Only one winner for me:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Mine is Step Into Christmas by Elton John but a close second is I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard.

Is there a more heartwarming scene in any music video that seeing Elton produce the Watford season ticket he's been given for Christmas? Shits on owt John Lewis have done.

• Like 2

It's a shame the Christmas song isn't what it once was. The days of a proper Xmas No.1 have long since passed, but that does mean that many of the seasonal pop favourites are timeless.

I don't tire hearing them, either. When I was a kid my parents had a 1990 Christmas compilation CD with all of the usuals on it which I played to death every day in excitement. To this day, when I hear Wham, Slade, Band Aid, Shakin' Stevens etc. anywhere, I always expect to hear the start of the next song on the CD. Great nostalgia, man. 

Wham and Elton's effort are sublime - pure time machine stuff, I love McCartney's too - even though many seem to think it's one of the worst.

Gonna get hammered for this, but recently, shout out to Mickey Bubble's effort at covering that totally overplayed Mariah track. I actually prefer it to the original. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) is a banger too.

Robbie Williams' Bad Sharon with Tyson Fury is daft fun, and One Last Christmas is great off that album, too.

Edited by RoboFox

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Is there a more heartwarming scene in any music video that seeing Elton produce the Watford season ticket he's been given for Christmas? Shits on owt John Lewis have done.

haha yeah obviously always loved that bit! And  ever since I know the moment he reaches for it on the top of his piano.

One for you @Super_horns

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Guarantee you'll be sick of all of them before the first week of December is over.

I spent 10 years as a retail store manager back in the day and our Xmas 'peak season' started at the start of November. Every year the Xmas promo pack arrived complete with Xmas CD that Head Office said we were supposed to start playing start of November.

Fvck that, I put it on for Xmas week only and my staff always thanked me. Nothing worse than Xmas music on loop all day, 7 days a week if you work in retail (and I imagine customers are sick of it in every store too)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Love Slade, Wizzard etc, cheesier the better as far as Christmas songs go imo.

Most modern ones tend to be rubbish but I'm not ashamed to admit I do like Kelly Clarkson's Christmas song 'Underneath The Tree'.

As you shouldn't be it's a goodun.