Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 3

4 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Meaning, sanctioned by the club .

Hi Top :D

The club have been clear in not wanting images of the build to be made public - or they would be doing it themselves 

I suspect they want the end result to be viewed first before they reveal any part build shots. They have spent a fortune on the facility  and want to show it in all it glory when complete and looking sparkly ...

If that is the east stand design its incredible! It's not just an expansion, it's a rebuild of the whole stand!

Our owners spare no expense don't they.

Also the training ground looks better than Liverpool's by a country mile and I'd say even better than st George's park!

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

It's imminent 

Which means the announcement and visuals are imminent too. 

I think given the size of the stand (16'000) and assuming that a pre app has been satisfied then hopefully planning should be a no brainer. The only other question mark is whether they will submit phased applications for the whole land parcel - I'd much prefer this so as to focus of the stand first.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Which means the announcement and visuals are imminent too. 

I think given the size of the stand (16'000) and assuming that a pre app has been satisfied then hopefully planning should be a no brainer. The only other question mark is whether they will submit phased applications for the whole land parcel - I'd much prefer this so as to focus of the stand first.

Again, it's not 16k, it's apparently an extra 16k on top on what it is already (I guess around 8k). So maybe ~24k. That's more than Filbert St. in just one stand!

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

Again, it's not 16k, it's apparently an extra 16k on top on what it is already (I guess around 8k). So maybe ~24k. That's more than Filbert St. in just one stand!

That’s just nuts. I mean it’s half the current stadium added on to one stand. If they do that the multi storey car park at the back of the ground makes sense if they are going for bigger numbers. I seem to remember 48,000 was the figure banded around for if 3 sides of the stadium was expanded.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

That’s just nuts. I mean it’s half the current stadium added on to one stand. If they do that the multi storey car park at the back of the ground makes sense if they are going for bigger numbers. I seem to remember 48,000 was the figure banded around for if 3 sides of the stadium was expanded.

5 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

:blink:

It is nuts! Thinking about it, does even Old Trafford or Wembley have a single stand with ~24k seats?

I guess the corners at each end of the east stand have to be part of the plans if what we hear is true. This will probably mean the rooves on the north and south stands will need some work to avoid blocked views in those corners.

An extra 16k on one stand seems a bit far-fetched, but it would be great if it happens.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It is nuts! Thinking about it, does even Old Trafford or Wembley have a single stand with ~24k seats?

I guess the corners at each end of the east stand have to be part of the plans if what we hear is true. This will probably mean the rooves on the north and south stands will need some work to avoid blocked views in those corners.

An extra 16k on one stand seems a bit far-fetched, but it would be great if it happens.

Old Traffords North Stand is 25.5k seats (4 tiers)

The big South Stand at Spurs new ground is the biggest single tier stand at 17.5k seats

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I thought we were going for a build from the back (and over the top) option? Sounds like a lot of disruption for a year with moaning from some of those relocated East Standers. 

Its gonna be worth it though. 

It's got to be worth the disruption if that's the result. 

You can't make an omelette without cracking eggs...

Is it realistic to think that could be completed in a year though? Fulham's Riverside stand development is smaller and taking 2 years, although they have had to build foundations in the river so more complicated. 

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

It’s hard to get your head around isn’t it? Or maybe that’s just me! East stand currently holds 9,000. Knock it down, capacity is 23,500. So if BNM’s story of 48,000 is true, 24,500 seats will be in that new east stand. Wow. Just wow. Would love that, but can’t help feeling it can’t be accurate? 

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

It's got to be worth the disruption if that's the result. 

You can't make an omelette without cracking eggs...

Is it realistic to think that could be completed in a year though? Fulham's Riverside stand development is smaller and taking 2 years, although they have had to build foundations in the river so more complicated. 

Would be interesting to see how we go about it. Just read up on Liverpool’s expansion of their main stand - it took just under 2 years from breaking ground to being open. They built the new structure around the existing stand then knocked down and rebuilt the lower tiers in the summer in order to keep the stand operational for the season. 

We could do the same but we have the extra challenge of the pandemic and unreliable lawmakers affecting our ability to even use the stadium. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Would be interesting to see how we go about it. Just read up on Liverpool’s expansion of their main stand - it took just under 2 years from breaking ground to being open. They built the new structure around the existing stand then knocked down and rebuilt the lower tiers in the summer in order to keep the stand operational for the season. 

We could do the same but we have the extra challenge of the pandemic and unreliable lawmakers affecting our ability to even use the stadium. 

It's a shame we couldn't have been building it this year! :( 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Where are we getting £200+mil from? Even if we make CL and sell Ricky that only covers just over half of it....

Only thing I can think of is that an owner can underwrite infrastructure spending. Goes again our recent model, but £200m+ is a step above what we're currently committing.

6 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I know. I was sketching possible Tier sections last night and to get that many in then the bottom stand has to be at a low angle like Wembley. Be interesting to see how it all fits in...

5 hours ago, TrentFox said:

It’s hard to get your head around isn’t it? Or maybe that’s just me! East stand currently holds 9,000. Knock it down, capacity is 23,500. So if BNM’s story of 48,000 is true, 24,500 seats will be in that new east stand. Wow. Just wow. Would love that, but can’t help feeling it can’t be accurate? 

Agreed. An additional 16k goes against all we've previously heard. I'd be surprised, but eggcited, if its true!

Guest Markyblue

As excited as i am an extra 16000 must surely include additional seating in both kop and family stands a east stand of 25000 and 3 others totalling 23000 seems a strech but who knows.!