Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

37 minutes ago, Switzfox said:

I've also had planta fasciitis, and dont suffer at all now with the help of some custom insoles for a while.  It is something that can return though if you dont wear good comfortable footwear most of the time.

Get the man some crocs!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

As someone who has suffered from plantar fasciitis it one of those things that can just disappear as easy as it came.

I wouldn't write him off just yet. 

.. it is the unpredictability of the problem that is the most concern!!!

I have found it to be footwear that brings it to the fore, I have stopped wearing certain shoes in order to combat this.

If it is going to raise its head having completed warm up and about to go on the pitch, he will have little or no control of the circumstances.

If an operation is required to manage the ailment to any degree, as a professional sportsman, he would need to take up the option, as it could conceivably curtail his career. 

Fofana is done for the season and we all know Evans will miss at least 10 games, if not more, due to injury. And he's 34 soon.. Can't wait for us to rely on Amartey in crunch back to back games against Liverpool and Chelsea. 

14 hours ago, Koke said:

Fofana is done for the season and we all know Evans will miss at least 10 games, if not more, due to injury. And he's 34 soon.. Can't wait for us to rely on Amartey in crunch back to back games against Liverpool and Chelsea. 

I know, it sends shivers down my spine as well.

19 hours ago, Switzfox said:

I've also had planta fasciitis, and dont suffer at all now with the help of some custom insoles for a while.  It is something that can return though if you dont wear good comfortable footwear most of the time.

Has an alternative name of Policemans Heel, so he needs to stop wearing policemans boots and he'll be fine for the start of the PL.

58 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Out til after the international break. When at that point he'll be 'reassessed' 

Hasn't trained or played a match since the FA Cup final...

I will be honest I am not hopeful about his full recovery from this, for whatever reason he just seems to be really struggling with it

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hasn't trained or played a match since the FA Cup final...

I will be honest I am not hopeful about his full recovery from this, for whatever reason he just seems to be really struggling with it

Agreed. I think it could be one that niggles away at him for a considerable amount of time, more than what it has been. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Sound really weird phrasing, Why not assess now . :dunno:

Because they have assessed it now and it's not good enough for him to play.  After the international break, enough time will have passed that it would make sense to reassess and see if more progress has been made.

• Like 1

It's reported this is a Plantar Fascitis injury; this will not be short term as explained in article below:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/14709-plantar-fasciitis

Even allowing that he will be receiving professional treatment, I think we could be looking at Jan/Feb before he returns, on best case scenario. Totally speculative of course, but after recovery he has to get match fit. This is a difficult injury for a professional footballer; I hope the medical team can work out the specific cause otherwise this will be even more serious tas problem could easily be repeated.