Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

11 minutes ago, 1994fox said:

Speaks volumes that instead of enjoying a brilliant win that puts us 7 points clear in the top four you’re straight on here jumping on the back of a 19 year old kid for misplacing a couple of passes. Clown.

Hope the kids turn out to be a world beater but right now he should not be in our 1st team. 

2 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Im not comparing them now. Im saying LT has huge potential and I would say even better than Chilwell.

I have stated in this very thread I would put him out on loan to a lower league prem club or top half Championship club myself as I dont think he is good enough to be our 2nd best left-back when JJ is injured. For example, I would start him on Match Day 1 next season hence wanting reinforcements there.

Brendan clearly rates him, we haven’t got an injury crisis, he could quite easily have played Albrighton or Pereira tonight but he played Luke because he’s good enough to play. Football is a game of

opinions and your entitled to yours but I’d dare say you’ve called it wrong on this one.

5 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

I’d love to hear your justification for this comment. At 19 he is Leicesters youngest goal scorer in Europe but he’s not ready for the first team? 

He has zero threat going forward currently 

hope it comes but a loan is sensible 

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Half of his problems tonight could’ve been fixed by having longer studs! He was slipping all over the shop. He’s got a nice left foot, fingers crossed he keeps improving. 

Struggled tonight really, and maybe that was the case... but he is young and got a lot of time, he clearly has ability 

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

he’s scored this season and has linked up very well with Barnes at times causes some teams some real problems. This is not zero threat is it?

even tonight in the second half he played some nice passes in and around the box. I’m not sure want? Are you are expecting him to run down the line take his man on and whip the ball into our extremely tall strikers who win all of their headers and score lots of goals this way? 

• Like 3

Didn’t have the best first 30 but honestly think he looked much better after that, was able to beat his man a lot easier after that and thought he came on to the ball really well from the long diagonal balls across to him. 

he was unlucky the time he slipped because we had players over, the fact that he’s being picked to play over Albrighton and Ricardo shows what Rodgers thinks of him

He had a fairly poor game tonight but that's going to happen with a young lad. Generally he's been very good this season.

Definitely shouldn't go out on loan - will be an important part of the squad next season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Harsh.

He's a 19-year-old kid. 

He didn't have his best game, but remember, we were up against a team who were leading inside a quarter of an hour and are renowned for sticking 10 men behind the ball.

He's had some outstanding games this season and is in the team on merit.

OK, JJ is injured and Ricardo really needs a pre-season to get back to his best, but he isn't playing just because we have no other option.

He's still the best thing in years to come out of Syston, in the Charnwood district of Leicester. 

Apart from @SystonFox :thumbup:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he was poor, especially in the first half and probably should have been hauled at half time. But that's the reason why Rodgers is manager and not one of us twats from the forums! He gave him more time to restore his confidence and he was OK in the second half, even if making the change was the right move.

Despite making some mistakes, I am still glad to see him in the team. He has a lot of potential and for me is better than Chilwell at the same age. Because these days we are competing for a top 4 place instead of mid table under Puel, the pressure is cranked up massively and that's sometimes unfair on players like Hamza and Thomas. If they were in the team back then, they would have far less pressure placed on their shoulders.

One thing I can say is that Thomas plays much better when he's working in tandem with Harvey Barnes. As a lone wing back he has a lot to learn, which is to be expected given his age.

He could hauled any one from about 9 players first half we was that poor, Maddison was totally not on it.

He does a lot of things well.  He is inconsistent, more so than most of the squad.  Personally, I think a loan and time elsewhere would benefit him and Leicester.  

Yesterday, he had some immaculate moments and some Schluppisms. 

Time and confidence are needed.  

Playing in a side where mistakes with the ball aren’t v common is tough for a youngster 

so when he makes two in quick succession it must play on his mind

the coaching staff need to help but fundamentally there is a v good player in there.  If we have the luxury next season of allowing him a championship loan where he will play then I think we should take it. (With jan recall option).  However, given that JJ won’t be back until November, more likely he gets a second half of the season loan. 

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I think he gets more next season out of playing 15-20 games in all competitions for us and being around the squad than being at a team like Watford, Norwich or Burnley. Look where JJ was when he first came in compared to where he was just prior to the injury, being around better players will fast track his development.

The team who would probably help his development the most (and I hate to say it) would be Leeds. I think he’d be brilliant for them with their style of play. 

6 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

I noticed Rodgers having a very good chat with Jeff schlupp! Isn’t he free this season?? I always thought he looked decent lb/LWB! Deffo need a free agent with Fuchs gone and Justin first choice. Bertrand or schlupp 

bring him home