Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nnickn

Leicester progression

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The other thing with Kasper, as we heard last night, is he’s a f@@@@@g leader.

Think his general professionalism, willingness to win and attitude are all pretty important in the dressing room and that would be difficult to replace, especially without Big Wes and Fuchs. I’ll forgive him a few dodgy kicks if he’s setting the tone in a fairly young dressing room with his 10 years of experience at the club. 

Good point.

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m sure you don’t find it baffling @Abrasive fox ? It’s not just me and we now have a thread on Kasper’s kicking. 

He made some great saves against both Liverpool & Braga, but his distribution and reluctance (refusal?) to come for crosses cost us goals in both games.

I acknowledge that our midfield was hopelessly outplayed in Braga until Tielemans came on.

He’s a legend and I don’t want him gone any time soon. But. But there are reasons no team bigger than us have ever tried to sign him, and those reasons are being laid bare match by match.

What a weird view. Plenty of bigger clubs have tried to sign him. Liverpool and Chelsea for 2 - we wanted too much money.

Why is Barnes held to a higher standard than the rest of our players? His finishing isn't great but has he actually missed a sitter this season? There's a few efforts where he's stuck it straight at the keeper but there's not one that stands out to me any other player (Vardy aside) would have scored. In the league he's underperforming his xG by 0.6 (2.6 xG, 2 goals) but that's an accumulation of missing low-is quality chances imo.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Why is Barnes held to a higher standard than the rest of our players? His finishing isn't great but has he actually missed a sitter this season? There's a few efforts where he's stuck it straight at the keeper but there's not one that stands out to me any other player (Vardy aside) would have scored. In the league he's underperforming his xG by 0.6 (2.6 xG, 2 goals) but that's an accumulation of missing low-is quality chances imo.

I get your point but I guess that opinion is based on a longer period, what was his XG performance last season?

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

What a weird view. Plenty of bigger clubs have tried to sign him. Liverpool and Chelsea for 2 - we wanted too much money.

I didn’t know that, nor have I heard any such rumours?

No way would a ‘big 6’ club go for Kasper now given the skills required at that level. Well that’s my view anyway!

• Like 1

There is zero chance we find a like for like successor to Vardy.
In my utterly unfounded opinion, we can’t nor should we try. We just have to look to change tactically to accommodate his loss.

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There is zero chance we find a like for like successor to Vardy.
In my utterly unfounded opinion, we can’t nor should we try. We just have to look to change tactically to accommodate his loss.

Absolutely right - we tried to replace Emile Heskey like for like and got Ade Akinbiyi 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I get your point but I guess that opinion is based on a longer period, what was his XG performance last season?

6 goals from 8.7xG in the league. Typically 1 on 1s are scored at a lower rate than people think

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

No matter how many times you refer to him as 'Tarkdonkey', I'm willing to bet a small wager that nobody finds it funny.

Unlike you of course who everyone thinks is hilarious:thumbup:

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

6 goals from 8.7xG in the league. Typically 1 on 1s are scored at a lower rate than people think

I’m shocked by that, he missed some sitters haha.

Big fan of his and he’s the best talent that’s come from our youth team in a long time, if he sorts his finishing out he’s a hell of a player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Find this view baffling given kasper has kept us in both the last games.

People moaning about his distribution need to realise we had an entire midfield avoiding the ball which didn't help.

How do you avoid a ball that ends up closer to the press box than the centre circle? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nnickn said:

Doubt very much he gets a regular spot, when the squad is back to full fitness.

We are waiting on Soyuncu, Wilf, Amartey, Ricardo and Castagne.  Which of those do you think is going to take Barnes' spot?

He is one of the first names on the team sheet for me and only going to get better.  Weird that you're so down on him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1