Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nnickn

Leicester progression

If we are to continue our  progress, what is the next position to be improved?

Obviously taking into account everyone is fit, the most glaring must be an update on Harvey for the first team, and Kelle for back up.

These seem to be the most urgent, and if we are going to spend in the Jan window, where it will be directed.

38 minutes ago, nnickn said:

Obviously taking into account everyone is fit, the most glaring must be an update on Harvey for the first team, and Kelle for back up.

These seem to be the most urgent, and if we are going to spend in the Jan window, where it will be directed.

First team is Evans for me. Cags walks back into the side.

Think we need another 8 and an up and coming forward. 

Another CB is the obvious one, not Harvey. Recent run has shown that Evans despite being a mainstay, can have bad form, be it due to injuries or excessive game time. Also noted that Fofana is not the finished article and may on occasion need rotating if a spell of bad form occurs.

All our CBs are great, but it would be prudent to begin (further) succession planning in this area

6 hours ago, nnickn said:

Has Harvey done something to you? Not sure why you have a personal vendetta against one of the best up and coming players we have ever had? You even say he needs upgrading after he scores now?! 

I've said it so many times recently the squad is fine as it is. We don't need to buy anyone. 

Said this in the match thread: if we have serious aspirations to be an elite side, we need to be looking at an upgrade for Kasper. I know he kept us in the game yesterday but being a good shot-stopper is not enough at the highest level, and his overall game is weak, imo. He doesn't command his area, which puts undue pressure on the defence at set-pieces, and his kicking is a liability.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think sentiment gets in the way when we discuss replacing him.

Back when the dinosaurs were alive and Forest were winning things, Cloughie said Shilton was worth x amount of points (I forget the figure he quoted) per season, and he was spot on. Forest weren't a particularly good side but their success was built on not conceding much. We can all point to games where Kasper has saved us points (true of all keepers), but there are just as many where he has cost us points, and that's not a ratio you get from an elite keeper.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Over the next two windows we need to replace Wes and up grade our striking options.

So a 'mobile' CB (and not frigging Tarkdonki for some ridiculous amount) and two strikers ideally 1 around 20  and the other around 25. This is gigantic recruitment challenge.

There will be serious wages freed up when we lose, Fuchs, Slimani, Gray, James, Jako and Morgan.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

barnes is the future

Agreed....... if he improves his finishing.

He misses so many, but, on the very positive side, he is also constantly getting in that position. Has real potential to be more than  just a good player. He could be devastating

34 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

In this order.

1. Centre back

2. Striker

3. Winger

4. Centre midfielder

With wes and fuchs hanging up their boots in the summer, Centre back is the critical one for me. Amartey isn't reliable enough from a fitness point of view.  

3a. Keeper

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nnickn said:

Is this Kelletzi Iyahnatcha who plays for BT Sport’s version of Leicester?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Buce said:

Said this in the match thread: if we have serious aspirations to be an elite side, we need to be looking at an upgrade for Kasper. I know he kept us in the game yesterday but being a good shot-stopper is not enough at the highest level, and his overall game is weak, imo. He doesn't command his area, which puts undue pressure on the defence at set-pieces, and his kicking is a liability.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think sentiment gets in the way when we discuss replacing him.

Back when the dinosaurs were alive and Forest were winning things, Cloughie said Shilton was worth x amount of points (I forget the figure he quoted) per season, and he was spot on. Forest weren't a particularly good side but their success was built on not conceding much. We can all point to games where Kasper has saved us points (true of all keepers), but there are just as many where he has cost us points, and that's not a ratio you get from an elite keeper.

he also looks better when the defense is playing well, yesterday we werent, and it showed his weakness with  1 on ones, when he just launches himself at the player without a plan

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Progression planning, nothing else

Weve got 4 highly rated keepers coming through.

Bosworth was u18s academy player if the year and England youth.

Iversen as I said did really well at Rotherham.

Stolarczyk again a youth International and highly rated.

Odunze has just been called up to the national squad, although I've heard reports hes crap.

Its not an area I think we struggle in really. 

• Like 2