Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

for players over 28 / 30 you have a point, younger players below that age should be fit as fiddles 

Yes they will have it easier no doubt but there will still be a point where they will be at their breaking point. Interestingly a person should be at their physical peak around the age of 24 for the younger players will struggle as well as the older ones, it's the ones in their mid 20s that should find it the easiest and if you look at the players like that we have tielemens etc they are the ones playing twice a week.

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

You have almost said it yourself, players are as fit as they have ever been also..

totally understandable they get tired... not enough for the constant squad rotation though 

I wouldn’t mind getting 150k a week for getting tired every 3 days...

Yes but every athlete has their breaking point and we don't want to push them over it ever as it will be detrimental to the team as a whole.

21 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Thought we were playing the bottom side in the league, with one point, not a cross between Bayern Munich and Barcelona

This is Leicester City. They like to make the bottom teams look like European giants. 🙄🙄🙄

Just now, Fox92 said:

This forum begged for 532 for years.

We did under the current manager and it worked. 

Now it hasn't worked in a couple of games you all want it out again.

Was just writing the same thing, It’s like the penny has dropped for some in that if you add a CB you lose an attacker player 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

5 AT THE BACK AGAIN 

Not as bad today. We're away and against a side who play a similar system.

Granted they're shit but we can get behind them when their wing backs push forward and lose it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Just seems to me, that he is persisting with a formation that isn't working, and adding to that, putting some square pegs in round holes. 

We've lost 2 league games in 5 (1 of the being against the best side in the league).

Come on man I usually agree with your posts but it's hardly a formation that "isn't working".

I'm more interested to see if the players actually look arsed today. That's the main thing that's worried me in recent games.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

@volpeazzurro will be delighted

I'm without opinion, i will not bite and mention him negatively, tis the season of good will! Happy Christmas Ayoze 🎄 

Well done Brendan, what a dynamic set up full of ambition, attacking flair. Keep those oiks Under, Barnes and Praet on the bench until the 85 minute, that'll teach em. None of their players could get in our team and they haven't got a goalscorer so it should be a breeze with that set up!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Thought we were playing the bottom side in the league, with one point, not a cross between Bayern Munich and Barcelona

So true, Barca or Bayern wouldn't need Fofana to make mistakes let alone a bottom club needing all the help they can get and make the most of them

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This forum begged for 532 for years.

We did under the current manager and it worked. 

Now it hasn't worked in a couple of games you all want it out again.

Nah with the right personnel it could be good. Not when Albrighton is on wing back it isn't.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

No.

Justin fofana Evans fuchs

Maddison mendy tielemans 

Perez vardy albrighton 

To be fair the club have it listed as 3421 on the website.

A bit too negative still that is, Fuchs and Albrighton together is laughable.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What pace do they have up front? Fofana has struggled against that when he gets pulled out of position and if you pass him you're on your way. But struggling to think of anyone they have that can threaten that. 

It's more the lunge out of position, poor decision making like Fulham's first goal that would be his downfall today.