Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

10 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Its probably because of Vardy aint it

I've got a friend who is a Wednesday fan and he quite likes Leicester, because of Vardy and Pearson. So it's not surprising Sheff U fans dislike us. Vardy will score tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I've got a friend who is a Wednesday fan and he quite likes Leicester, because of Vardy and Pearson. So it's not surprising Sheff U fans dislike us. Vardy will score tomorrow.

I mentioned 02/03 - everybody remembers how Warnock went off - but some of the Blades comments on their forum go back even further.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Last season was a perfect away day. One of the best of the season, and red hot too.

Due to my location I hate playing either Sheffield club but Sheffield United seem to take a dislike to us (or some of them anyway).

Sheff U want to be us . We are the club they think they should be and but for outrageous fortune would be us and all our success . 

I know this for a fact I hear it all the time from someone close to me who supports these underachieving dipsticks who will trouser all 3 points tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Brooksy said:

Just had a look on their forum and they're a weird bunch aren't they? Always preferred Wednesday fans.

I don't like Brendan but he'll turn it around here. 2-0 Leicester

Got a pretty full bingo card for this one:

- opposition can’t buy a win

-opposition can’t keep a clean sheet

-opposition can’t score in a brothel

-opposition strikers look like they’ll never score even if the opposition fail to turn up

-City have an immaculate recent record against opposition

-City playing after lengthy mid week trip to the back of beyond

- city lost to an equally garbage side

earlier in the week

they only thing to underpin any sort of Hope is that city come into the fixture having not won their last fixture 4-1 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Sheff U want to be us . We are the club they think they should be and but for outrageous fortune would be us and all our success . 

I know this for a fact I hear it all the time from someone close to me who supports these underachieving dipsticks who will trouser all 3 points tomorrow 

Not so long ago that a certain former Leicester manager set them and Wednesday as the target to aim for.Tbf at the time he was spot on.

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Schmeichel

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Thomas

Ndidi (if possible)

Tielemans - Maddison

Under - Vardy - Barnes

A bit risky? Probably, but I'd much sooner that than any kind of Fulham-esque garbage. We need to inject a bit of positivity and creativity into our side.

That's far too positive, and potentially productive ! 

Looking at the posts on this thread they were very negative Thursday evening. Fair enough we were very poor in the Ukraine as we were against Fulham. 
Two days later and we still appear to be doomed to fail again according to this thread.

I don’t think Brendan will let this happen again, he knows we are better than that and so do the players. 
I am expecting a much better performance and a win tomorrow.

My lad is at Sheffield Hallam Uni and lives just round the corner from Bramall Lane. I’ve told him to be a full kit w##ker and hang about the ground making a lot of noise for the whole game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Looking at the posts on this thread they were very negative Thursday evening. Fair enough we were very poor in the Ukraine as we were against Fulham. 
Two days later and we still appear to be doomed to fail again according to this thread.

I don’t think Brendan will let this happen again, he knows we are better than that and so do the players. 
I am expecting a much better performance and a win tomorrow.

My lad is at Sheffield Hallam Uni and lives just round the corner from Bramall Lane. I’ve told him to be a full kit w##ker and hang about the ground making a lot of noise for the whole game.

Is he starting then ???

Based on the chat from Brendan pre match I can't see anything other than the 3 at the back again with who we have fit. I would play 2 out and out strikers though in an attack minded outfit with an attack minded bench. 

Kasper 

Justin      Fofana   Evans

Albrighton     Ndidi     Thomas

Tielemans  Maddison 

Iheanacho       Vardy

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Mendy, Praet, Barnes, Under, Slimani

Edited by Gazza M

KASPER

FOFANA.    EVANS.   

JUSTIN                               THOMAS

NDIDI 

MADDISON        TIELEMANS 

UNDER                                    BARNES

VARDY 

NOT necessarily that formation but a squad that can go at a defence with power !!

Going for a 1-4 win for the Foxes 🦊 

19 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Based on the chat from Brendan pre match I can't see anything other than the 3 at the back again with who we have fit. I would play 2 out and out strikers though in an attack minded outfit with an attack minded bench. 

Kasper 

Justin      Fofana   Evans

Albrighton     Ndidi     Thomas

Tielemans  Maddison 

Iheanacho       Vardy

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Mendy, Praet, Barnes, Under, Slimani

...would swap Maddison for Barnes and Ünder for Nacho...!!!

Ünder needs a run in the team, all this chopping and changing is not helping him to settle or develop an understanding with the players around him.

We really can't afford to just sit, waiting for them to come on to us, we can play a high line but we need to press from the front in order to prevent them attempting to play out. We need to match their aggression, we are much better at a high tempo.