Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

I just hope we turn up and put a performance in. If we give a 100% effort I will forgive a loss; but I will not if we play the same negative disjointed rot as the last 4 abject performances.

Only 1 decent half in the last 8 and that was Braga second half. We must not give the initiative up at the start. Stop the painful pass square and backwards all the time. ; Brendan has to be honest and stop making excuses, from now on. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hales said:

Kasper

Justin

Fofana 

Evan's

Thomas

Ndidi

Praet

Youri

Under

Barnes

Vardy

Subs - Ward, Mendy, Ricardo, Madders, Perez, Kelechi, Fuchs, Hamza

Mark allbrighton injured. not even on the bench?

Better results with him playing than not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

on nights again so I’ll watch this on the iPad in bed so COME ON YOU FOXES give me something worth getting up for and win this !!

Put the last couple of games behind us get back to how we k ow we can play get back to winning ways show these pundits were top 5 contenders again this season !!

OAUIBWT !💙🦊💙

3 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Looking at the posts on this thread they were very negative Thursday evening. Fair enough we were very poor in the Ukraine as we were against Fulham. 
Two days later and we still appear to be doomed to fail again according to this thread.

I don’t think Brendan will let this happen again, he knows we are better than that and so do the players. 
I am expecting a much better performance and a win tomorrow.

My lad is at Sheffield Hallam Uni and lives just round the corner from Bramall Lane. I’ve told him to be a full kit w##ker and hang about the ground making a lot of noise for the whole game.

I hope you are correct!  However I wont put my savings on it though just in case 🤣

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would swap Maddison for Barnes and Ünder for Nacho...!!!

Ünder needs a run in the team, all this chopping and changing is not helping him to settle or develop an understanding with the players around him.

We really can't afford to just sit, waiting for them to come on to us, we can play a high line but we need to press from the front in order to prevent them attempting to play out. We need to match their aggression, we are much better at a high tempo.

We need to get more bodies in the box centrally with Maddison and Tielemans driving us forwards in my opinion. We need to get Maddison on the ball as often as possible with two strikers. 

• Like 1

The Fulham game always felt like one of those games where we’d huff and puff but you just knew Fulham would score and we’d be up against it... I actually think the game tomorrow will suit us. Games at Bramell lane always feel like there’s lots of space on the pitch, and with how their cbs overlap you’d hope there should be ample opportunities for balls in behind for vardy/Barnes/under. I do hope Brendan takes the shackles off a little though, we have players who can hurt teams but at times it feels as though they’re holding back due to his instructions... would also be nice to see some fight and spirit regardless of the result! 

I can't see us getting much from this game. Confidence seems shot and we're not creating enough. The issue seems to be the midfield. At the start, it seemed that it had clicked in the middle. Linkup play was good, movement on and off the ball. Then we seem to have lost our way and it's become frustrating. 

Whether teams have figured us out, but losing to Fulham like we did was a new low point.

Need a performance today as well as a result, which sadly o can't see.

1-1 

10 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

Proper weirdos. Trying to label us as a bunch of negative moaners.

Absolute slander!

513015851_ZomboDroid05122020203441.thumb.jpg.503f4352135af0549730a871064f2aaf.jpg

Yes but they just don't know the Leicester way. Its what we do. Beat Man City, lose to Fulham, beat Arsenal, lose to..... Its inevitable isn't it?... We are Leicester City!!! lol

Big game today. 

Surely he isn't gonna play 5 at the back. Especially as half our defence is still injured. Need to go at these today. Get an early goal and try and get some confidence. 

Kasper

Justin

Little wes 

Evans

Fuchs

Mendy

Maddison

Tielemans

Barnes

Under

Vardy

Massive game, win this and it puts us on track for a hectic festive period that on paper looks hard but exactly the sort of games we have done well in this season. We have to be on it from the start, I know we are barely training at the minute but whatever is happening, there needs to be that fight and desire from the off and then if we need to manage the game conservatively for a period of the game then fine, we have that ability to retain the ball.

• Like 1