Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

On 26/12/2020 at 15:03, SemperEadem said:

Are they getting the coach to home games from here now?

I'm sure Brendan said they were staying over Christmas Day evening and travelling to the stadium from Seagrave yesterday. It was an early ko though yesterday, so ko time may dictate if they stay there and travel in together.

I was going to say I couldn't see the point of meeting at Seagrave and getting the coach if they've not stayed, say for a 6pm ko but it might make them think it's an away game and improve results at home. Worth a try...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm sure Brendan said they were staying over Christmas Day evening and travelling to the stadium from Seagrave yesterday. It was an early ko though yesterday, so ko time may dictate if they stay there and travel in together.

I was going to say I couldn't see the point of meeting at Seagrave and getting the coach if they've not stayed, say for a 6pm ko but it might make them think it's an away game and improve results at home. Worth a try...

Tunnel cam didn’t look like they travelled to the stadium together .....

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Went to get some eggs again today (don't start the puns) - on my way into Seagrave I overtook someone out for a run going into the village - it was Ricardo!

Gonna have to be careful from now on - don't want to cause an injury crisis...

Hope you were running as well. Blaze past him like nothing, I'm sure lol

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Went to get some eggs again today (don't start the puns) - on my way into Seagrave I overtook someone out for a run going into the village - it was Ricardo!

I hope you waved and said hello?

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jesus. Accidentally hitting a pedestrian would be bad enough. Doesn't bear thinking about it happening and then you see it's a key player for your club.

25 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I hope you waved and said hello?

I was too busy trying not to run over one of the club's £100m assets.

23 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Jesus. Accidentally hitting a pedestrian would be bad enough. Doesn't bear thinking about it happening and then you see it's a key player for your club.

So what you're saying is swerve to miss footballers, hit normal pedestrians instead?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hope that he doesn't turn right on the killer junction. I've heard it's a bit dodgy. 

:jawdrop:

34 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was too busy trying not to run over one of the club's £100m assets.

So what you're saying is swerve to miss footballers, hit normal pedestrians instead?

Ideally avoid running anyone over but in the event it's a choice between a normal pedestrian and one of our £100m assets, take the normal pedestrian out. Do not take out a newt under any circumstances :o

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Ideally avoid running anyone over but in the event it's a choice between a normal pedestrian and one of our £100m assets, take the normal pedestrian out. Do not take out a newt under any circumstances :o

How do you think McLaren removed them from the golf course in the first place?

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Thought it was interesting in the Jonny Evans interview  he stated the  new ground enabled them to do training at night . 

Yeah was going to mention this when the club posted some pictures the other day. 

It's something Spurs have done a lot more since theirs was built. Read that they started training at about 4pm on Christmas Day which meant they all got to wake up with and spend time with the family. 

Bet it's a big boost for morale stuff like that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah was going to mention this when the club posted some pictures the other day. 

It's something Spurs have done a lot more since theirs was built. Read that they started training at about 4pm on Christmas Day which meant they all got to wake up with and spend time with the family. 

Bet it's a big boost for morale stuff like that.

Why couldn’t they train in the evening at belvoir drive ???

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Doesn't Seagrave have rooms for sleeping over, as some player's live a distance from the Leicester area it probably wasn't viable to train at Belvoir drive? Just guessing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think only one pitch had floodlights didn't it? The one that is used for friendlies/U23 games.... And no idea how good they actually were, might have just been to help visibility on dark days.

2 minutes ago, smitha said:

Doesn't Seagrave have rooms for sleeping over, as some player's live a distance from the Leicester area it probably wasn't viable to train at Belvoir drive? Just guessing.

Yeah I think they trained Christmas Day evening stayed over then played Boxing Day 

• Like 1