Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

16 minutes ago, stu said:

What’s the significance/meaning of 8? Obviously the sculpture we’ve seen is a figure of 8 and now 8 Foxes.

Only think I can think of it was 8 years into his chairmanship that we lost Vichai, which should be 10 years now but obviously tragically cut short.

8 is seen as a lucky number in Thai/Asian culture. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

2 horse race

And a Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha

We've only won 3 league cups?

According to Chinese Culture:

Number 8 is considered to be a symbol of infinity, which means that it could be a symbol of infinite energy and love. Also, it is a sign of compassion, self-confidence, self-discipline and decisiveness.

Plus it's our Youri's Squad Number :thumbup:

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Does seagrave have a pub? We could pack it out before a match, chanting at locals drunkenly, singing “where did you get that hat” to pensioners etc. Cans from the offy on the village green, puke in their red phone box (come on, their bound to have one, one that works as well) before staggering up that hill. I reckon frank would love the boost it would give to the local economy in such times. lol 

They do, the White Horse Inn

2 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

2 Thai legends 

And a Fox eating a partridge  

We’ll have this word perfect by next Christmas. 

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Too true. We really don't know how lucky we are. All this talk of Brendan potentially being tempted by Arsenal in the near future but he's going to feel like a king leading his first training session there. I do hope the buzz carries through to Boxing Day and we give Man Utd a proper pasting.

We are lucky to have such fantastic committed owners.Brendan did say it was one of the reasons he came here in the first place,because he could see the same ambition the owners have and to work with this group of players.I can’t see him going to Arsenal.

On first impressions,I can’t believe how shite Newcastle and West Ham’s training facilities look!

Piss poor when you look at their stadiums!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

We are lucky to have such fantastic committed owners.Brendan did say it was one of the reasons he came here in the first place,because he could see the same ambition the owners have and to work with this group of players.I can’t see him going to Arsenal.

On first impressions,I can’t believe how shite Newcastle and West Ham’s training facilities look!

Piss poor when you look at their stadiums!

West Ham’s facilities are especially hilarious where you consider they moved into a ready built world class 60,000 seater stadium for absolutely free. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The use of song in that video really does cement the statement we’re making with this training ground. I think that’s what gave me the chills the most watching it for the first time. 

Come gather ’round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You’ll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin’
Then you better start swimmin’ or you’ll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin’

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won’t come again
And don’t speak too soon
For the wheel’s still in spin
And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’
For the loser now will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don’t stand in the doorway
Don’t block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled

There’s a battle outside and it is ragin’
It’ll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don’t criticize
What you can’t understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin’
Please get out of the new one if you can’t lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin’
And the first one now will later be last

The highlighted bits in particular.

Look at where we’ve come from. And look at where we are now. And then look at who came second in 2016. There’s a changing of the guard happening right now and it started when we won the league on pure merit. Our future begins now. the future is ours. The times they are a changing.

You werent my English Teacher 10yrs ago were you? lol 

But no do agree, a very apt song!

3 hours ago, Billynomates said:

I drink and I know things.

Are you Top? You did release a photo from top's suite, amongst all treasure trove of other info you kindly gave. Dear Top, if you are doing xmas can I have your suite for xmas, even just for a day. The sight of seeing Gray doing some OT because he messed up financially moving club is too much of an opportunity, plus with any luck he will get run over by a pack of dears, top viewing. Otherwise you are jointly Rudders/BR trying to sucker potential players in for the jan transfer window by selling to them all inclusive holidays to Santa's sit on my lap lapland.. 

Always a negative but Brendan please learn when to shut your mouth. Yes it is likely that what we have will be our player sustainable future to move on and upwards but you drive me hideously fvcking angry every time you say we'll "never" be a club to buy £50/60mill please etc etc. If you keep spouting that crap and dont give people reason to believe then fvck off back to Celtic.

Either way merry xmas billy LotsOfMates, as xmas's go.. 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo