Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...could it have something to do with the location of the facility, regarding being in a residential area!!!

By-laws state that no noise above a certain level after 11:00 pm. Could be something like that.

It isn't within a residential area though and that is what counts. If memory serves me right then light emissions have to be planning legislated at the application stage but noise acoustic reports are there for new build home developments sitting adjacent to railway lines or backed onto a dual carriageway. A noise report would usually be accepted by a council I.e. acoustic glazing and doors and so on and that would be that. I dont see noise being an issue with the training ground because that would override the site luminescence of the grounds that the site has been constructed to. Academy matches with seated attendances etc have had the noise issue dealt with at the planning stage after consideration by the council of the site. Given the operating hours of the pitches both indoors and out then you have your answer. 

If residents were in the future still unhappy then you will no doubt see them walking around the the training centre with hand held noise monitors, constantly no doubt.

And yes I did just write that at 1am on new years...

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

It isn't within a residential area though and that is what counts. If memory serves me right then light emissions have to be planning legislated at the application stage but noise acoustic reports are there for new build home developments sitting adjacent to railway lines or backed onto a dual carriageway. A noise report would usually be accepted by a council I.e. acoustic glazing and doors and so on and that would be that. I dont see noise being an issue with the training ground because that would override the site luminescence of the grounds that the site has been constructed to. Academy matches with seated attendances etc have had the noise issue dealt with at the planning stage after consideration by the council of the site. Given the operating hours of the pitches both indoors and out then you have your answer. 

If residents were in the future still unhappy then you will no doubt see them walking around the the training centre with hand held noise monitors, constantly no doubt.

And yes I did just write that at 1am on new years...

I think he was on about Belvoir Drive being in a residential area, and therefore no late training, not seagrave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

I read the whole glowing article just then before rewinding to the middle paragraph;  

"The building would replace the existing changing rooms and timber framed office building currently on-site"

Sounds like a Taylor Wimpey site compound 🙈

Tin pot club, looks like a school science block.

Some nice comments on Nottinghamshire live about ours, one describes it as like Disney land.

Surely we will attract the best local talent? For the size of their club you would think they would already have a category 1 status academy, says a lot really.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

There's a feature on Brendan from the training ground on Football Focus which has just started on BBC1. The bit starts at 12:15.

A shorter interview than I was hoping for, wonder if there's a longer version on the website or iPlayer.

21 hours ago, TWUKO said:

Tin pot club, looks like a school science block.

Some nice comments on Nottinghamshire live about ours, one describes it as like Disney land.

Surely we will attract the best local talent? For the size of their club you would think they would already have a category 1 status academy, says a lot really.

I would describe their effort as more like Disney land. Mickey Mouse. 

Its more than good enough for them. Bless. 

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Good interview.

Can't help but feel Dion could have done a 'homes under the hammer' style tour of the new training ground. I'm sure there are some stairs to the bedrooms that are worth looking at.

lol I never made that connection, but it's perfect. They definitely missed a trick there.

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Shame that it seems to have missed out on an official ribbon cutting, plaque unveiling opening ceremony by a dignitary (perhaps by a Royal, we know the family have connections). Perhaps will happen when safe to do so (same as the Vichai Statue). 

Waiting for Top to be back in England to do so.

On 31/12/2020 at 16:54, AjcW said:

Yeah was going to mention this when the club posted some pictures the other day. 

It's something Spurs have done a lot more since theirs was built. Read that they started training at about 4pm on Christmas Day which meant they all got to wake up with and spend time with the family. 

Bet it's a big boost for morale stuff like that.

Until we end up with a disciplinarian of a manager who sees it as an opportunity for quadruple training sessions after a bad result. lol  

• Haha 1