Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Has anyone mentioned that Brendan’s got a turtle neck on. 100% just become a better manager 

big wes and kasp gone for the dad look, the yoofs are trying to hard to be fashionistas

Youri, Fuchs, and tim and Dennis wearing what can only be pulled off in European farm towns 

then you’ve got mendy, Ricardo, little wes and Hamza about to drop the best album of 2021

The Belgium are more my style don't know if that's a good thing  as I'm 45 and they're in their 

20s .:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

From what I gather they will be training, then allowed home for several hours before coming back to stay over in the on site accommodation, Rodgers wants them all 100% focused for the early kick off on Boxing Day. This was the plan a few weeks ago anyway.

Not sure it is good idea to stay over on Christmas night. The boys may not be able to sleep partly due to the excitement (like staying over at camp) and new beds. They may not be able to sleep much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was in stiches too! But I also think it's really charming and endearing! Letting the club captain be the one to go through the door first and it also gave a real sense of camaraderie too. We have no idea what it's like to be among the group of players themselves, but it would be to the fans benefit if the guys get on with one another. It did honestly seem like many of them are excited to use the new facility, so long may that continue!

Yeah, good to keep up the together-ness and team spirit. Good on Wes and Vardy for leading the way. But Gray looked a bit unhappy - perhaps sad that he knows he needs to leave soon.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not sure it is good idea to stay over on Christmas night. The boys may not be able to sleep partly due to the excitement (like staying over at camp) and new beds. They may not be able to sleep much.

I actually thought this as well, but then realised that it's essentially staying over at a hotel the night before a big away game.... and at the moment we play much better away!!

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Hasn't been a problem for the majority of away games we've played this season!

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1950709/leicester-citys-spectacular-new-training-ground-the-numbers?fbclid=IwAR051mSONevfs37YEdD7Kl7gXyuVULe0IGFkNA4XZy_ATyHLidFrEwzb1Bg

As Leicester City take a significant step forward with the opening of a world-class training ground in Seagrave, north Leicestershire, LCFC.com looks at the project in numbers.

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think the tall one is a keeper. He's got goalie gloves in his hand. Could well be Jakub Stolarczyk.

I don't think the short one is Thomas. Doesn't look like him. Don't know who that is.

Tall one is Stolarczyk, he and Odunze (the 6'8 GK we signed from the MLS) were both training with the first team today
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/kasper-schmeichel-of-leicester-city-during-the-leicester-news-photo/1230292061

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/kasper-schmeichel-of-leicester-city-with-danny-ward-of-news-photo/1230291605

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/jakub-stolarczyk-of-leicester-city-and-chituru-odunze-of-news-photo/1230291715

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KingsX said:

3% body fat = zero insulation.

(I wish I could tell you that from personal experience.)

Watch Jonny Evans casually stroll out in a pair of shorts and a waterproof, no trackies, no scarf, no hat, no snood. lol

Our kid Vards is definitely built for tropical climes. 

Having built the training complex at huge expense, the more challenging task is how to use it productively to improve the skills of our players. Two suggestions:

1. Kelechi Iheanacho, Teach him how to hit the ball with his right foot. He has an explosive left, but  if the ball comes to him on his right, he contorts his body to try to take it on his left, sometimes missing the ball altogether.

2. Maddison, Tielemans etc. Yes, Madders sometimes does score a marvellous goal. Otherwise too many of our shots, including his, sail over the crossbar.  Example: Youri's effort against Spurs last weekend.  Cannot professional players be coached to keep their shots down?  Our players could do worse than to study clips of Mahrez. I don't think I an remember a shot of his that went over the crossbar. Some of his shots ended high in the net - e.g. at Man City and Watford in 15/16, and against us earlier this season - but seldom clear the bar. In this respect, he should be an example to all our players likely to end up in shooting positions, and to their coaches.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Watch Jonny Evans casually stroll out in a pair of shorts and a waterproof, no trackies, no scarf, no hat, no snood. lol

Our kid Vards is definitely built for tropical climes. 

He's acclimatised to cold, it's always fckin' cold here.  10c is considered summer in NI and even if it's below zero it's only 'light jacket' weather. 

10 hours ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Our players could do worse than to study clips of Mahrez. I don't think I an remember a shot of his that went over the crossbar. Some of his shots ended high in the net - e.g. at Man City and Watford in 15/16, and against us earlier this season - but seldom clear the bar. In this respect, he should be an example to all our players likely to end up in shooting positions, and to their coaches.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Having built the training complex at huge expense, the more challenging task is how to use it productively to improve the skills of our players. Two suggestions:

1. Kelechi Iheanacho, Teach him how to hit the ball with his right foot. He has an explosive left, but  if the ball comes to him on his right, he contorts his body to try to take it on his left, sometimes missing the ball altogether.

2. Maddison, Tielemans etc. Yes, Madders sometimes does score a marvellous goal. Otherwise too many of our shots, including his, sail over the crossbar.  Example: Youri's effort against Spurs last weekend.  Cannot professional players be coached to keep their shots down?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither of your suggestions require a £100m state of the art training facility.