Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

Rodgers must absolutely love Seagrave

After their training stint in Dubai the Celtic squad were back training outdoors at Lennoxtown last week with one grass pitch having undersoil heating surrounded by snow.

In October 2016, five months after joining Celtic, Rodgers discussed the need for an indoor training area at Lennoxtown, something that Ronny Deila had raised with the club.

Rodgers said:

You do need it. If you have the facility to do that up here, or the finances, I think you should. You can work all year and do great work but then the weather sets in. That’s the big advantage the Europeans have over us.

You lose your coaching. You might go through three or four months, losing time, because it’s not about coaching, it’s about keeping the players warm.

Those comments were made while Celtic were playing in the group phase of the Champions League. Four years later the matter hasn’t been addressed but there are now much more pressing issues for the club to deal with.

Report here - 

On 19/01/2021 at 18:50, dynamark said:

Genuine question and Whwmy is probably the man for the answer .Has this affected house prices in Seagrave?

My brother lives in a very nice place in Kirby Mallory and they used to get a season ticket every year for the race circuit as a sort of thankyou for putting up with the racetrack on your door step.

I used to live about 3 or 4 mile away from Mallory Race Track and you could hear it very clearly from my garden. I couldn’t have imagined living next door to it it would have driven me nuts. 

No pun intended 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

I used to live about 3 or 4 mile away from Mallory Race Track and you could hear it very clearly from my garden. I couldn’t have imagined living next door to it it would have driven me nuts. 

No pun intended 

I've worked in Kirkby Mallory village, not sure how near the track is, but I could hear it, inside on a week day afternoon. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I've worked in Kirkby Mallory village, not sure how near the track is, but I could hear it, inside on a week day afternoon. 

Pretty much every house in Mallory is next door to it, it’s a very small place as you’ll know. I was too young to consider if it affected house prices there tbh but i wouldn’t want to live there for that reason - I think the training ground is different, I can’t see it being as annoying as the race track. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, davieG said:

After their training stint in Dubai the Celtic squad were back training outdoors at Lennoxtown last week with one grass pitch having undersoil heating surrounded by snow.

In October 2016, five months after joining Celtic, Rodgers discussed the need for an indoor training area at Lennoxtown, something that Ronny Deila had raised with the club.

Rodgers said:

You do need it. If you have the facility to do that up here, or the finances, I think you should. You can work all year and do great work but then the weather sets in. That’s the big advantage the Europeans have over us.

You lose your coaching. You might go through three or four months, losing time, because it’s not about coaching, it’s about keeping the players warm.

Those comments were made while Celtic were playing in the group phase of the Champions League. Four years later the matter hasn’t been addressed but there are now much more pressing issues for the club to deal with.

Report here - 

But, but, I thought Celtic were massive, the Barcelona of the North?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I hope that Paige Spiranac will be an instructor there...

And instantly we transform from a team of elite footballers to a team of  25 unbelievably shite golfers :unsure:

The last 5 holes are all as previous layout ,first 4 there are 2 as previous and 2 shortened .Greens all look to have been relaid though.Long walk or buggy ride  from 4 to 5 not that any of us are likely to be using it !!. In all honesty there are 4 decent golf holes in there and the rest pretty mediocre.Allright though to while away a couple of hours after training in the sunshine and I doubt there will any green fees involved.

1 minute ago, dynamark said:

The last 5 holes are all as previous layout ,first 4 there are 2 as previous and 2 shortened .Greens all look to have been relaid though.Long walk or buggy ride  from 4 to 5 not that any of us are likely to be using it !!. In all honesty there are 4 decent golf holes in there and the rest pretty mediocre.Allright though to while away a couple of hours after training in the sunshine and I doubt there will any green fees involved.

I don't know anything about golf, really. What makes a good hole?

Raw this may be a wind up on your part but Ill fashion an answer ? A lot of these holes(6) are up or downhill pretty steep (which is why they are useless for football).Ideally you are looking for a bit of contour ,good views of what is in front of you,a view or clear idea of the flag position on the green ,decent hazards that are fair ,variety of directions ,not too  artificial looking related to the land around.

The bits that are still golf were never going to be football pitches.

On 25/01/2021 at 08:59, davieG said:

Rodgers said:

Report here - 

It's even worse than that. When Lennoxtown was first built it was intended to have an indoor, full-size pitch. However, Lawell does what he does best and cut costs by changing it to an indoor facility that's roughly the size of one third of a pitch and as such utterly useless. Tommy Burns was apparently beyond angry about it all, god rest him.

I don't get why we don't just bite the bullet and do this given the amount of spare land we have at Lennoxtown. In terms of cost I doubt it would even cost that much, if we can afford to invest £1.2m in a new pitch and £4m on daft disco lights we should have been able to do this.

29 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Raw this may be a wind up on your part but Ill fashion an answer ? A lot of these holes(6) are up or downhill pretty steep (which is why they are useless for football).Ideally you are looking for a bit of contour ,good views of what is in front of you,a view or clear idea of the flag position on the green ,decent hazards that are fair ,variety of directions ,not too  artificial looking related to the land around.

No. Not a wind up, I promise.

Thanks for the reply. I've never played and I couldn't imagine what differentiates a good hole from a bad one.

The bits that are still golf could have been levelled, though. I think the idea was that the golf course obscured the view of the training ground from the outside.

Ok mate thanks for that.Its a footy forum and Ive had some stick on here from the non golfers but it is possible to be a fan of both.I Loved playing and watching footy and was very involved in golf until my hips said no.Hard to describe but sometimes you get out on a golf course and its a fair test ,a  lovely place to be with your mates,great after in the clubhouse maybe,Ive enjoyed both but the 9 holes at seagrave is not going to make the top courses list and its not available.Frankly at the moment id happily play golf down the hard shoulder of the M1 and watch city on vicci park

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dynamark said:

It’s very rare that I play golf, but the odd times I have it’s been a steady decent, hole by hole, into raging lunacy. Now, if I’d just hit the  ball 180 yards off the tea and then watched it roll slowly, all the way back to my feet I’m breaking things. A lot of things. And probably burning seagrave down to boot. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dynamark said:

Ok mate thanks for that.Its a footy forum and Ive had some stick on here from the non golfers but it is possible to be a fan of both.I Loved playing and watching footy and was very involved in golf until my hips said no.Hard to describe but sometimes you get out on a golf course and its a fair test ,a  lovely place to be with your mates,great after in the clubhouse maybe,Ive enjoyed both but the 9 holes at seagrave is not going to make the top courses list and its not available.Frankly at the moment id happily play golf down the hard shoulder of the M1 and watch city on vicci park

Not sure why people take the pee out of golf .....  wish I had the time to play more ....