Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Memories of Junior Fox club on a sunday morning. Kevin McDonald. Ian Andrews. And dozens of others who'd be the equivalent  of our u23s now. They all.seemed to be jocks.

Belvoir Drive  - the real belvoir drive  entrance not the middx road entrance - was home to the YM. Decent junior set up. And Jones & Shipman had a pitch there too. 

• Like 2

Looks just great and should keep the little footy folk all warm and cosy - but it was a good golf course and I knew the original owner Phil Hardy who I think has gone back to live in Australia.

Onwards and upwards for the Citeh though.Just to be able to look forward to being a top '6' club is a pleasure after a lifetime of anguish!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JJS84 said:

i watched the release video yesterday and forwarded it to two friends, and mentioned, that all 3 of us went to the first game that the Thai's and sousa were in charge for, palace away, and we were 3-0 down at half time. if someone had walked up to me and said don't sweat, it over the next 10 years we'd win league titles, see some on the best players in Europe play in that blue shirt, play in European competitions and it all culminate with the completion of a state of the art training facility that very well may be the best in Europe if not the world! i'd have laughed my self silly, then had that person committed! 

The transformation of the club is nothing short of unbelievable! Vichai and Top have shown what passion and drive can do when you genuinely believe that something can be achieved and they deserve huge, huge credit for this facility and the wider success. i know that's not new news.

i read a previous post about teams coming up and 'staying in their lane' and not rocking the boat as it were. But those two have changed and continue to change and challenge the landscape of the established clubs, and its just brilliant to be able to say this is our club, and to see those posts from other teams fans wishing they had owners like ours. i love this club.

And me. One of the great things about 2015/16 was the good will you could almost feel from the neutrals and also from opposition fans even when we'd just beaten their team. I loved it as well when Claudio, recently sacked , with great dignity turned up after  the chairman died .Said a lot about the club, and rare in football. Now if we can stuff Man U............

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JJS84 said:

i watched the release video yesterday and forwarded it to two friends, and mentioned, that all 3 of us went to the first game that the Thai's and sousa were in charge for, palace away, and we were 3-0 down at half time. if someone had walked up to me and said don't sweat, it over the next 10 years we'd win league titles, see some on the best players in Europe play in that blue shirt, play in European competitions and it all culminate with the completion of a state of the art training facility that very well may be the best in Europe if not the world! i'd have laughed my self silly, then had that person committed! 

The transformation of the club is nothing short of unbelievable! Vichai and Top have shown what passion and drive can do when you genuinely believe that something can be achieved and they deserve huge, huge credit for this facility and the wider success. i know that's not new news.

i read a previous post about teams coming up and 'staying in their lane' and not rocking the boat as it were. But those two have changed and continue to change and challenge the landscape of the established clubs, and its just brilliant to be able to say this is our club, and to see those posts from other teams fans wishing they had owners like ours. i love this club.

Agree with all, and to add, what is further more remarkable is that this is all done through drive  and passion (as you say) and organisation! We didn’t buy success like Man City or Chelsea did. This is built from the bottom up, involving the community, coming through in a sustainable manner commercially, and led and organised from the very top. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2