Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

Leicester and Southampton Combined XI

Debate on tonight’s 606 had a Saints fan vehemently claiming that the following players ‘walk into Leicester’s side’:

Vestegaard, Ings, Ward-Prowse, Walker-Peters, Armstrong and Adams.

Genuinely interested to hear thoughts on this one. If both sides have a fully fit squad, what’s your combined XI for the two teams? And which manager do you take?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

I would take them on the bench, but genuinely think with our fully fit first XI that none of them get in our side

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Fofana/Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne

Ndidi, Tielemans

Under/Perez, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I would take them on the bench, but genuinely think with our fully fit first XI that none of them get in our side

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Fofana/Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne

Ndidi, Tielemans

Under, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

This was mine with Bertrand only because we don’t know how Timmy will be at LB

Walker-Peters over Justin lollollol

The only player who might get a look in would be Ward-Prowse.

Adams or Ings would be better back-ups to Vardy than Kelechi/Perez but no-one gets ahead of someone who just got in to the top 20 PL goal-scorers of all time lol 

Not in any kind of arrogant way but if everyone's fit, there's not a chance any Southampton player gets in ahead of anyone in our starting XI. 

Both teams play in a different style... Ings is about the only striker in the premier league right now who could be a like for like replacement for Vardy and I'd sign him up in a flash if he was ever available. There are no cogs in out machine that I'd replace with Southampton players aside from that right now - but then Saints fans might well say the same the other way around..

Ings is very good but I wouldn't swap Vardy for anyone, to be honest. Ward-Prowse's free-kicks would be a bonus but is his all round game better than Tielemans? I'd take Vestergaard over Fuchs in a back three, Walker-Peters and Justin are very similar. Armstrong and Adams- no. Good players, though.

Hassenhuttl is doing an excellent job there.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Angus Gunn
Jan Bednarek | Maya Yoshida | Jannik Vestergaard | Yan Valery        
James Ward-Prowse | Oriol Romeu | Pierre-Emile Højbjerg | Ryan Bertrand   
Danny Ings | Nathan Redmond

This is the combined XI? :D 

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Angus Gunn
Jan Bednarek | Maya Yoshida | Jannik Vestergaard | Yan Valery        
James Ward-Prowse | Oriol Romeu | Pierre-Emile Højbjerg | Ryan Bertrand   
Danny Ings | Nathan Redmond

1 minute ago, KFS said:

This is the combined XI? :D 

It's the 9-0 team :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Difficult one really with their players coming into our team. On paper, they aren’t better than what we have but that Southampton team are well drilled and the individuals are great as a team.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think Vestegaard might get into our current team for Evans and in a different formation 100% id take Che Adams who I’m impressed with every time I see him play.

The others? Nah not for me.

22 minutes ago, KFS said:

Debate on tonight’s 606 had a Saints fan vehemently claiming that the following players ‘walk into Leicester’s side’:

Vestegaard, Ings, Ward-Prowse, Walker-Peters, Armstrong and Adams.

Genuinely interested to hear thoughts on this one. If both sides have a fully fit squad, what’s your combined XI for the two teams? And which manager do you take?

Ings has 6 goals so hell no

Vestegaard is good but not better than what we have

Ward-prowse is decent

Walker-peters isn't better than Ricardo

Armstrong and Adams isn't even debatable

14 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Brendan goes to Arsenal, I would have Hassenhuttl here before he gets poached by a so called top 6 club.

He's done an incredible job for them. The club that should go for him is Man United as they don't have a Director of Football, and Hassenhutl has been given reigns of the entire club at Southampton. That's why he's having such great results, he's got the entire club playing a certain way from top to bottom. That is probably why he won't leave though, as he was in charge of Leipzig but wasn't happy with the lack of power he had there.

Rodgers won't be leaving us to go to Arsenal though! They have fallen so far off the cliff it's incredible. More likely to go to one of the others, and the rumours of him going to Man City after Guardiola stepping down IMO sound quite realistic as that could be in a few seasons time.

• Thanks 1

Southampton are a good side having a good season, but I don't know how anyone could suggest Vestegaard, Ings, Ward-Prowse, Walker-Peters, Armstrong and Adams walk into our team with a straight face. Ings is a good player, but anyone picking him over Vardy needs to see a doctor. Likewise Walker-Peters over Ricardo or Castagne. Or even Justin. He'd be our 4th choice RB. Would anyone have Vestegaard over Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana? 4th choice CB here at best. I like Ward-Prowse, but is he better than Tielemans or Maddison? Not really. Armstrong and Adams, I think, are joke suggestions.