Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

Leicester and Southampton Combined XI

I’m sure their fans would probably say the same thing about lots of their players. 

Southampton’s players work well in their system. Ours work well in our system (as long as it’s 4 at the back :ph34r:).

That said I can’t imagine they wouldn’t take Schmeichel or Vardy in their system over McCarthy and Adams.

I can’t see the point in these comparing XI - this Saints fan is just getting carried away. The reality is, you’d struggle to fit most of their players into our side, because we have a v good side. I don’t even say that as a biased opinion, I just take a step back and evaluate it.

I really like Ings and JWP, but even they would struggle to get in over Vards or Youri. Not saying we are the best team ever, the honest truth is we have a great crop of players.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I will say, Hassenhuttl is a better manager than Rodgers

Based on what exactly?

Hasenhuttl has won **** all, in his third season at Southampton and still hasn’t managed a top 10 finish. 
Not a bad manager, but done nothing to say he’s better than BR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I will say, Hassenhuttl is a better manager than Rodgers

On what grounds?

I don't know what he's done previously but everytime he gets near top 6 with Saints people start raving over him then they fade away.

Last time Southampton finished top 10 was years before he arrived.

edit: For the record I do like him but I wouldn't say he's a better manager than Rodgers.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

On what grounds?

I don't know what he's done previously but everytime he gets near top 6 with Saints people start raving over him then they fade away.

Last time Southampton finished top 10 was years before he arrived.

edit: For the record I do like him but I wouldn't say he's a better manager than Rodgers.

Just personal opinion, he seems to make baffling choices less consistently (not to say he doesn't make them though).

I’d rather have JWP than Tielemans just about, he’s more mobile and is better defensively. 

Adams over Perez/Under (although by the end of the season I may have changed my mind). The obsession with noticing underrated players is annoying but Adams has quietly gone under the radar - he had 0.49 G+A p90 last season and 0.61 so far this season.

• Haha 1

On 14/12/2020 at 08:52, Focks said:

Not only would there be no Soton players in the combined team, there would be no Soton players that have ever played the game get into this Leicester side

(I had a different opinion after the Fulham game)

What about that guy from the channel Islands, forget his name, not Zidane but he played a bit like him, did n't run fast or often but like Zidane he did n't need to. I suspect he could msnsge a tasty head butt too. Just come to me Le Tissier (there's no holding me now someone's told me how to edit.). Mick Channon was n't too dusty either and had time to shout racing tips as he went down the wing, if you asked him.

Edited by Alan Frost

11 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

My view would be the following combined team:

Kasper

Justin, Little Wes, Evans, Castagne

Nd

Maddison, Tielemans

Albrighton                     Barnes

Vardy 

Can't see many clubs who could afford that line up.Don't we look good when they're all available, Any club that could afford that lot and then spend more to get Mendy ,Thomas and Soyuncu  in the squad might scare Liverpool and win enough to afford a Vardy replacement in a few years. Right Brendan down to you.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...