Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

Leicester and Southampton Combined XI

Without sounding facetious, none of them would get in to our team.

We could possibly do with Vestegaard on Wednesday as Evans is suspended, but with all our players available, no.

Ward-Prowse and Ings would get on the bench.

Ings certainly wouldn't get in ahead of Vardy.

I would make a strong case that Vardy walks in to any team in England, except Spurs.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So about this combined XI - are we playing 5 at the back, or 4? :ph34r:

Like my footballing idol Alan Young used to say “formations don’t win football games, players do”

:ph34r:

Ings would get in if we played two up front.

Ward-Prowse is a maybe, Tielemans is a better all round footballer, Ward-Prowse though possesses certain qualities that Tielemans doesn’t have.

The rest are decent players, watching Armstrong especially today, made me think how underrated he is, but he and the others wouldn’t start for our team.

8 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Vestegaard - no, soyuncu, fofans and Evans all better

Ings - ahead of vardy? Really?

Walker-peters - ahead of Ricardo, castagne and Justin?

Ward-prowse - he's more consistent than a lot of our players but on their day really?

Adams and Armstrong are laughable really.

No, but he plays alongside him easily. Ings is a great player.

instinctively feel none of their players would start for us

but reckon they might have said the same 12 games into the 2016 season... hard not to like southampton tbh, and dont think that shout on 606 is as big a nonsense as big 6 fans regularly spew 

When everyone is fit I can't see a gap for any of them to get into our team, not to say they aren't a goo team with some very good players. I just don't think any of them stand out above ours. Ings and Ward-Prowse obviously the stand outs, but Ings doesn't get in ahead of Vardy and who would you drop for WP :wes:

9 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Saints having their best season in years and one lemon is arguing about who would make the Leicester team :rolleyes:

Would you not just enjoy the good times.

To be fair its not every season you get to dream about your players being good enough to play for leicester..

• Haha 2

The Vestergaard one is the weirdest. He's been here for 4 year and shown some good form for about 6 months of that. Before that he was considered a flop and a bit of a bomb scare by their fans. Now he's walking into our side ahead of Evans, who has over 300 career apps in the top flight, Soyuncu who made TOTS in the same position, and Fofana who widely regarded as an outstanding youth talent capable of becoming one of the world's best. I don't think so.

Southampton have a good squad though and Hassenhuttl has got them playing some great stuff. think they are more likely to stay than course than the likes of Villa who are up there now. 

30 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

The Vestergaard one is the weirdest. He's been here for 4 year and shown some good form for about 6 months of that. Before that he was considered a flop and a bit of a bomb scare by their fans. Now he's walking into our side ahead of Evans, who has over 300 career apps in the top flight, Soyuncu who made TOTS in the same position, and Fofana who widely regarded as an outstanding youth talent capable of becoming one of the world's best. I don't think so.

Southampton have a good squad though and Hassenhuttl has got them playing some great stuff. think they are more likely to stay than course than the likes of Villa who are up there now. 

The prospect of buying Vestergaard for £22 million though . That was even before he stopped being total crap 

• Like 1

None of them walk into our side.

A couple would either be good competition for a place in the XI or improve our bench (i.e. JWP, Ings). Beyond that though it's not even close, in truth. 

That's not to say they're a bad side - that's clearly not the case given their league position - but we're still ahead of them despite essentially fielding a second-XI at times because of injuries. If thats not enough to end the argument, I'm not sure what is...

Leicester fans think their players are better

Southampton fans think their players are better

Shocking.

Weird, pointless, needless debate. Let them have their opinion and we'll see where we are at the end of the season. I genuinely think some of you love whipping yourself up into a frenzy over stuff like this.

• Like 1

Southampton's strength is their manager and their seamless teamwork, they know what they're doing and are fantastic at supporting each other and working together. Our team, on the other hand, is less of a unit, but I would say we have a lot more individual talent.

At full fitness, I would say our whole backline gets into their team, but they keep their midfield two, which are very suited to their roles. Barnes would excel in the Djenepo/Redmond role but Armstrong would keep his place, he is very suited to his role. Vardy would replace Adams and partner Ings. Schmeichel might replace McCarthy too.

In our team, though, assuming a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, I don't think any of their players get in over ours. So that's that.