Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

From what I've seen of him I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough so in that sense the price is academic.

Exactly.  Just because he's cheap it doesn't mean that it's a good deal.  That kind of thinking leads to signings like Ghezzal who hang around on the wage bill for years and are difficult to move on.  

• Like 1

TheSun (Alan Nixon and Marc Mayo) insist in our interest and claims that Kabak would be available for just 13 million. Don't get why would we want him, we need experience not more youngsters

3 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

TheSun (Alan Nixon and Marc Mayo) insist in our interest and claims that Kabak would be available for just 13 million. Don't get why would we want him, we need experience not more youngsters

Probably too good to turn down for that money! 

I don’t agree with the statement that we need experience. What makes Evans important to our team isn’t his experience, it’s his style of play. Soy and Fofana are both front foot defenders and so they both run out of the back line to try to make a tackle or intercept the pass. Whereas Evans sits much more, and only makes a tackle or interception when really necessary. Obviously experience helps, but the player we need doesn’t have to be experienced, just a similar style of player who will cover for the players that break the line to try and win the ball. It’s what makes our defence balanced and why we look so susceptible to counter attacks when he’s not playing, because he’s not covering for Soy and Wes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

What about the Austrian hoeterigger who we were linked with a few years ago. Looks quality, big and strong 

Austrians have a duty to be good at paper, scissors stone and ear flicking. Does he fit the bill?

Edited by norwichfox

I watched Kabak when he did play for Liverpool. He did struggle to immediately adjust to the Prem. He was under huge pressure. His last 5 games before injury weren't actually too bad, in fact he made some big tackles and played really well in few of those games.

The question I'd ask is why aren't Liverpool picking him up? Well they'll have their injured CBs returning. Whilst they probably will bring a CB they'll be after someone a bit older, and aren't taking the risk they've had to make to plug the massive defensive gaps they had last season.

I don't think Kabak is a bad player, but we're in the same place as Liverpool in our CB options for rotation or back up. We're not selling any of our current CBs this summer, despite the stupid Fofana rumour.

Unless we are going to be heavily rotating our CBs, think this is bargain not to be turned up, and we've got a more mature CB in the post, then I don't think this will happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kabak in a back four with Cags or Wes , train crash coming.

As a club we've had bigger car crashes tbh. Champions league quarter finals with benalouane and a crocked huth....

Him and cags have always done alright at international level as well by the way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

As a club we've had bigger car crashes tbh. Champions league quarter finals with benalouane and a crocked huth....

Him and cags have always done alright at international level as well by the way.

I think he's one to look at in two or three years , he has talent but not the experience we need. We need more clean sheets next season . A few more draws instead of defeats , even 0-0s and we make the top four. We are putting together a potentially penetrating attack but we need to tighten up at the back. Tarkowski is the man for me but do we have the money?

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think he's one to look at in two or three years , he has talent but not the experience we need. We need more clean sheets next season . A few more draws instead of defeats , even 0-0s and we make the top four. We are putting together a potentially penetrating attack but we need to tighten up at the back. Tarkowski is the man for me but do we have the money?

1. He'll be really expensive 

2. Burnley don't want to sell

3. Dyou think he'll come here as 4th choice?

I have my doubts personally 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

1. He'll be really expensive 

2. Burnley don't want to sell

3. Dyou think he'll come here as 4th choice?

I have my doubts personally 

1. He really won't be, in a months time if he's still at Burnley they'll have to sell despite what they are saying now and for a reduced fee given it's their last window to get any meaningful money for him.

1a.They've already signed his replacement in Nathan Collins.

2. What they are doing just now is a smokescreen in order to maximise the value they can get for a player they are running the risk of losing for free.

3. The whole notion of fourth choice is a misnomer nowadays at a top club playing in Europe such as Leicester. With Evans injury record, Fofana's tender years (he should have been rested far more than he was last season in an ideal wold) and Soyuncu who isn't immune to injury himself there'll be plenty of opportunities for him to play. He'd play 25 plus games easily when you factor in Europe.

3a. He'd most definitely come, none of the "big 6" would go for him and Leicester are the best of the rest at the minute, he'd be daft not to come.

As an aside Kabak is mince, for 15m euros there is far better value to be had across Europe, Ajer is better value at around the same price and there are more examples.

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

1. He really won't be, in a months time if he's still at Burnley they'll have to sell despite what they are saying now and for a reduced fee given it's their last window to get any meaningful money for him.

1a.They've already signed his replacement in Nathan Collins.

2. What they are doing just now is a smokescreen in order to maximise the value they can get for a player they are running the risk of losing for free.

3. The whole notion of fourth choice is a misnomer nowadays at a top club playing in Europe such as Leicester. With Evans injury record, Fofana's tender years (he should have been rested far more than he was last season in an ideal wold) and Soyuncu who isn't immune to injury himself there'll be plenty of opportunities for him to play. He'd play 25 plus games easily when you factor in Europe.

3a. He'd most definitely come, none of the "big 6" would go for him and Leicester are the best of the rest at the minute, he'd be daft not to come.

As an aside Kabak is mince, for 15m euros there is far better value to be had across Europe, Ajer is better value at around the same price and there are more examples.

He'll be at least 20m. Burnley don't need to sell and that's the value of relegation for them. They see him as such a important player that it's how they'll look at it.

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He'll be at least 20m. Burnley don't need to sell and that's the value of relegation for them. They see him as such a important player that it's how they'll look at it.

20m is reasonable though, it'd be a far better move than spending 15m on Kabak. Luckily the club don't think this way but when the most attractive thing about a signing is the fee itself it's usually a sign to stay away. The club has been burned in the past with being unable to shift players that no one else can pay them similar wages.