Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Still young. Would not be against this at the right price. 

This is why I wouldn't be overly keen. If Evans gets injured we don't have an experienced head in the defence. I think we need someone a little older and wiser.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This is why I wouldn't be overly keen. If Evans gets injured we don't have an experienced head in the defence. I think we need someone a little older and wiser.

We possibly do but they'd cost 20m or so (like tarkowski). Centre back is a bit of a conundrum for us as recruiting here is going to be tough as players will look at us and going over the last 2 seasons, Evans, fofana and soyuncu have been right up there as some of the best defenders in the league.

If we could get a left footed big bastard who didn't cost more than 12m ish that would be ideal.

• Like 2

Lot of talk about who would or would not play in a three or four at the back etc. Always maintain that to compete at the very top you need two quality players for every position plus a few utility types who can fill in wherever.

top players will understand this and have no problem knowing that they will not be an automatic pick for any given game and with injuries and suspensions through the season all will get plenty of game time. Let’s not forget that Fofana was signed as one for the future but circumstances meant we had to throw him in, like JJ.

SAF had the right way of doing it when selecting the team by telling those left out it was because he really needed them fit for the next game etc. As long as it is handled the right way players will be happy to be part of a winning squad even if not playing every week.

we won the FA cup, finished top 5 two years on the trot and have a reputation for being a great club, top players will want to come here and back their ability to earn their places rather than be thinking that they will be makeweight behind the current incumbents.

if we make a serious bid for Tarks or similar quality CB, they will want to come

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

For 10m sign him it’s a no brainer imo. Cags gets a mate and he’s very young and still can develop.

Not sure why Cags needs a Turkish mate over here. He's been with us long enough now to have mates here. 

Is £10m spent on a centre-back that really didn't look good last season in the Premier League money well spent? 

Is he any better than Amartey? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We possibly do but they'd cost 20m or so (like tarkowski). Centre back is a bit of a conundrum for us as recruiting here is going to be tough as players will look at us and going over the last 2 seasons, Evans, fofana and soyuncu have been right up there as some of the best defenders in the league.

If we could get a left footed big bastard who didn't cost more than 12m ish that would be ideal.

David Zima

32 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure why Cags needs a Turkish mate over here. He's been with us long enough now to have mates here. 

Is £10m spent on a centre-back that really didn't look good last season in the Premier League money well spent? 

Is he any better than Amartey? 

Yes I agree but it must be nice to have a someone from the same country as you.

10m is pennies these days especially in the premier league. He’s young and he wasn’t that bad. He made a few mistakes but with age he will learn ? 

Yes anybody is better than amartey he’s absolutely dogshit!

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not enthused about this one at all, was terrible at Liverpool any time I watched him and the fact Schalke were happy to let him go while fighting for survival says a lot.

Liverpool fans I know rated him, they just don’t need him with Konate added to the mix. He had a bad game or two but broadly looked good to me 

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not enthused about this one at all, was terrible at Liverpool any time I watched him and the fact Schalke were happy to let him go while fighting for survival says a lot.

I think that was only down to the fact that they was skint and couldn’t afford to pay his wages tbf. We could do a lot worse than Kabak imo. For 10m which is being reported you can’t grumble with that can ya ?

Just now, Sankey93 said:

I think that was only down to the fact that they was skint and couldn’t afford to pay his wages tbf. We could do a lot worse than Kabak imo. For 10m which is being reported you can’t grumble with that can ya ?

From what I've seen of him I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough so in that sense the price is academic.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

From what I've seen of him I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough so in that sense the price is academic.

I work with a Liverpool fan and he was surprised they never went for him. Obviously Konate is better but they have paid a bigger fee! He’s not going to start for us straight away and again that price is stupid not to get him. I can’t think of any other CB’s that we can get for 10m all so with what he offers. Look at it like this he’s Morgan replacement and ya never know he might just fit in at our club and he’s not got the massive pressure on his shoulders like he did at Liverpool.

• Like 1

As a rotational player for 10-15m, its a no brainer. He had a couple of mares at Liverpool but he was also impressive in the games once he had settled. One of the leipzeg games he was brilliant and settled quite quickly considering the transition from the way schalke play and how liverpool do. 

12 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I work with a Liverpool fan and he was surprised they never went for him. Obviously Konate is better but they have paid a bigger fee! He’s not going to start for us straight away and again that price is stupid not to get him. I can’t think of any other CB’s that we can get for 10m all so with what he offers. Look at it like this he’s Morgan replacement and ya never know he might just fit in at our club and he’s not got the massive pressure on his shoulders like he did at Liverpool.

the problem for me would be his wages. Can we afford such a high wage for someone who isn’t a regular starter?