Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Rotating midfield and strikers is certainly a good idea, defenders not so good . A defensive unit benefits by playing together as often as possible.

Usually, barring injuries most clubs will stick with the same defenders for league games & rotate for cup games. When you see defenders being rotated for Premier league games it usually means the defence is struggling & the manager is trying to find a working combination.

It's more likely that a younger CD will accept rotation rather than Vets like Evans & Tarkowski 

5 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Cahill is the closest I can think of. Not exactly early 30’s, but a wealth of experience and a « winner » which Rodgers wants. And available on a free this summer. 

Hopefully enables more funds for elsewhere... 

RW :ph34r:

Gary Cahill is 35, we need to sign experience but I really don’t think we will go for someone that old.

10 hours ago, Verumex said:

Love how no one in this thread seems to understand the meaning of the word rotation. 

In an ideal world, where you have 4 players in the same position all at the top of the game, there is no 1st or 4th choice player.

They all play, they are all happy, and no one is left overworked as they all get breaks.

I know it's commonly said that every player wants to play every game, but that really isn't good for anyone. No one can play every game, it's simply not sustainable in the long term. 

We finished this season with Castagne and Morgan in the back 3.

Tarkowski wouldn't be coming here as 4th choice, and he wouldn't be knocking Fofana or Soyuncu to the bench either. He would be giving us that depth that we've been begging for, and all 4 would see a lot of game time. 

And for the same reasons I'd love to see someone like Kabak come in as well to give us 5 quality options for this rotation. Again, he wouldn't be knocking anyone to the bench and he wouldn't be 5th choice. Everyone plays, everyone gets breaks. 

Your first sentence says it all.  I know it's not so easy for a club with our financial limitations compared with the greedy six, but if we want to progress to regularly challenge them then we must have a squad that covers participation in a large number of games, taking into account the injuries, loss of form and tiredness that will occur.  We need a squad where we can have confidence in every player on the bench to come on and do a decent job.

I think the last 2 seasons have shown how futile it is to have players on the bench who you are not prepared to bring on in even the most extreme circumstance.

I agree that any player who joins a team aiming for the higher reaches of their league will expect to be in a squad where rotation is normal, and where they will have to fight to challenge to be first choice and to be in the best of trim when they are on the bench.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Min-jae Kim - been linked with him before and his contract is up this year. Not sure how the new transfer rules effect getting players from China as the standard is poor but he's 1st choice for South Korea.

Oh god, if grounds aren’t open and we sign this guy it’s a travesty. “COME ON MINGEY ****IN ELL”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Min-jae Kim - been linked with him before and his contract is up this year. Not sure how the new transfer rules effect getting players from China as the standard is poor but he's 1st choice for South Korea.

He’s gone to Juve apparently 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Linked again, along with Newcastle:

https://m.sport1.de/fussball/2-bundesliga/2021/06/em-fc-schalke-04-drueckt-der-tuerkei-wegen-kabak-die-daumen

TL;DR: Liverpool didn't see enough to sign him, but Schalke still want to sell. There have been some offers but all rebuffed by their sporting director so far as he thinks Kabak performing well at the Euros will drive his price up. Leicester and Newcastle linked as interested.

I'm really not sure on him, but he'd cost about £15-18m which isn't stupid money.

The most sensible signing is Ajer for less than £10m. 

The 2 young left footed CB's at the Euros who I'm keeping an eye on is David Zima and Attila Szalai who we have been linked with already.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2021 at 22:27, Ric Flair said:

Is this one of those jokes like when we went down to League One and we were linked with a star player from that part of the world called Lee Kwan?

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm really not sure on him, but he'd cost about £15-18m which isn't stupid money.

The 2 young left footed CB's at the Euros who I'm keeping an eye on is David Zima and Attila Szalai who we have been linked with already.

Kris Ajer is the guy Rodgers transformed from a midfielder to a defender. So if Rodgers believes he can do the job than it seems like a no brainer. Makes me think that Lee and Brendan have other targets in mind. After Fofana, Cags and Evans the pressure is on.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought about Zima earlier he looked very steady against us. I’d like Szalai tho he looks the real deal well On YouTube 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...