Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

If you watch cags against Newcastle and no other game. You would think he was terrible. Can judge in one game. Kind of signing we make.

young room for improvement and we already have someone from his national team here.

Edited by teblin

35 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I think we will go for experience at the back this year as we have lost Morgan and Fuchs so I think we will return again for Tarkowski who would be very reliable IMO

Think Tarkowski would be a good shout. Need a steady head to help the others.

4 hours ago, teblin said:

If you watch cags against Newcastle and no other game. You would think he was terrible. Can judge in one game. Kind of signing we make.

young room for improvement and we already have someone from his national team here.

👍football friends👍

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Tarkowski ticks about every box for me with quality, experience, knows the league, one year left on his deal and wants to move.

I thought three frontline CB's for a back four was plenty but all three CB's have had injury troubles this season and with a European campaign is not enough. We finished the season with Ndidi and Castagne playing CB, get Tarkowski in now as we could lose one of our younger CB's to a transfer and Evans isn't getting any younger. 

I used to think Tarkowski would be overkill but not any more.

Who sits when Tarkowski arrives ?

22 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Nobody if Rodgers persists with a back five. Someone will be injured a lot of the time.

Edited by Deeg67

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Nobody if Rodgers persists with a back five. Someone will be injured a lot of the time.

Who sits if no one is injured ?

Who sits if BR returns to a back four ?

40 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Who sits if no one is injured ?

Who sits if BR returns to a back four ?

Tarkowski.  Tarkowski and whoever’s exhausted or off form.

Not outside the real of possibility we sell Fofana to a CL club either.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Tarkowski isn't first choice , he doesn't come. He is not sitting on our bench at his age. We have three top line CBs not a chance in hell he would accept being fourth in line.

But what you're not taking into account is that he has more confidence in his ability than you do...

Players who play at this level don't get here without lacking in self belief. He wouldn't be thinking "well there are 3 CBs there who are better than me so I won't play much". He would most certainly be thinking "I'm good enough to get into that team and I'll play my way in".

Just now, Old Fox said:

If we sign Tarks he will be the replacement for Evans over time and with so many games he would get plenty of match time.

Jonny is a long way from finished he is good for another three years and Tarkowski knows that. He is first on the team sheet at Burnley he won't give that up.

• Like 2

If we had enough quality CB’s we could properly rotate, identify fixtures which suit certain players better and have them all playing around 25/30 games. That means they are less likely to get injured and more likely to be able to represent their country. 

• Like 1

I hope BR does rotate tho. I’ll give him benefit of doubt about not using Praet because he wasn’t quite fit enough according to his interview.

If we build a bigger better squad I want to see players fresh and energetic to suit his style of play!

Rotate the hell out of them lad!!

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Jonny is a long way from finished he is good for another three years and Tarkowski knows that. He is first on the team sheet at Burnley he won't give that up.

I think your missing the point Evans is getting older and has injuries whilst we will probably have 50+ games and actually can see Evans and Tarks in the same back line for big games.

JT is a top centre half which people will see if he signs for us - the club will definitely attempt to get him - he is a leader and winner which BR wants - I know he plays for Burnley but he is one of the best in the country and can play too! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think your missing the point Evans is getting older and has injuries whilst we will probably have 50+ games and actually can see Evans and Tarks in the same back line for big games.

JT is a top centre half which people will see if he signs for us - the club will definitely attempt to get him - he is a leader and winner which BR wants - I know he plays for Burnley but he is one of the best in the country and can play too! 

There’s no chance of us signing Tarkowski this summer. 

8 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

If Fofana and Soyuncu are happy dropping to the bench then maybe , they are much younger ,, but will they? Evans and Tarkowski as a pair would be excellent and ,excluding injuries, you wouldn't rotate them much.Spurs would guarantee him starting for instance ,they certainly need him more than we do.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

There’s no chance of us signing Tarkowski this summer. 

Could you elaborate. We've been after him for about 2 seasons now. With 1 year left on his contract and him eager to move, I would have thought it was a no brainier. In today's market, with financial uncertainty, and all things considered, I reckon we could get him in for around £15m.

Great PL experience and a natural leader who could ease the workload on Evans and in a couple of years be his natural successor.