Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

22 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Could you elaborate. We've been after him for about 2 seasons now. With 1 year left on his contract and him eager to move, I would have thought it was a no brainier. In today's market, with financial uncertainty, and all things considered, I reckon we could get him in for around £15m.

Great PL experience and a natural leader who could ease the workload on Evans and in a couple of years be his natural successor.

It's a difficult one really. I'm not against the signing of the player but, when there's a number of positions on the field that need strengthening, I don't see us paying 15m for essentially a 4th choice centre half! Also, I think with the potential signing of Soumare and Barnes being back, there's a good chance (hopefully) that we'll return to 4 at the back. We'll then have to keep Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu happy let alone another one! I think there's far bigger priorities. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's a difficult one really. I'm not against the signing of the player but, when there's a number of positions on the field that need strengthening, I don't see us paying 15m for essentially a 4th choice centre half! Also, I think with the potential signing of Soumare and Barnes being back, there's a good chance (hopefully) that we'll return to 4 at the back. We'll then have to keep Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu happy let alone another one! I think there's far bigger priorities. 

I agree it depends on whether it's a back 3 or 2. However, all 3 centre backs seem a little injury prone and it showed our lack of cover v Spurs in the last game. Rodgers obviously isn't confident using Amartey in a back 2 and with Wes retiring I do think we need one more centre back. I appreciate keeping 4 centre halves happy, particularly if we operate a back 2 would be challenging, but if we are competing in 4 competitions, I'd hate us to be in the same position again next season, where we are woefully short of cover in a key position at the business end of the season and it costs us CL football for a 3rd season.

• Like 1

Last season we played 38 league games, 1 league cup game, 6 FA cup games and 8 Europa league games i think making that 53 games in a season throw in playing for your National teams for Evans, Little Wes and Cags and that is one hell of a workload. IMVHO if Kabak is rated by the club why not but i see Tarks as a better option at the moment and do we need him? Well how many games last season did Wilf and Timmy C play out of position and having Tarks would be a step up from Big Dan as possible 4th choice but i would not see him as that but part of a two or 3 man central defence. Last season we played a hell of a lot of games in a very short space of time and could argue a better option replacement centre half over the last 10  games or so could have seen  us finish higher in the league. Also think Tarks would back himself to be put himself higher up the pecking order. We need a solid  match day squad giving the Manager more options and also some players are better suited to certain games, we have spent £100 million on as good a training facility as you can find and part of that is helping keep the players as fit as possible. Hindsight suggests at times last season we had to gamble on players fitness or manage minutes having better options in the squad helps the club going forward. 

• Like 2

On the rotational point we will likely have at least 1 League cup and 6 Europa league games before Christmas. Can see us basically having 2 teams one for cups and one for the league. Obviously the below is a very simplistic view and I imagine it will vary depending on injuries, fitness levels, opposition etc.

Can also envisage a scénario where against the « big 6 » we go with a back 3 again, so likely Söyüncü and Fofana start with 1 of Evans or 4th choice CB (Tarkowski). But I would say that our 4th choice needs to be more experienced akin to Evans rather than Soy or Fof, this ruling out Kabak for me. Although if we need a 5th choice, Josh Knight would save on any extra expense and can cover CDM as well, or Amartey if we fail to shift him. 

League: 

Ricardo - Fofana - Evans - Thomas 

Cups: 

Castagne - Tarkowski - Söyüncü - Bertrand 

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Are we getting a new manager, then?

Are you implying that rotation has been an option before and Rodgers has just not been doing it?

If he felt he could rotate without loss of quality then I'm sure he would have, but we have yet to have a position where that's even been possible other than fullback, and he has been rotating that position around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Saw him against Wigan in the Cup in 2020; was impressive until alas he went off injured.

Only time I’ve seen him live and watched him in old firm game where he went off injured too. Looked solid enough in both games though 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Rotating centre backs,unless forced to by injury, is a recipe for trouble. Tarkowski comes , he plays alongside Evans. If the others are happy with that , then OK.

Hahahaaa as if Fofana and Soyuncu are going to be on the bench.

• Like 3

Tarkowski > kabak. 

One couldn't cope with the premier league the other has been solid as a rock and has just one year left on his contract. Take your guess who i prefer. 

Kabak*

Lol

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Tarkowski > kebak. 

One couldn't cope with the premier league the other has been solid as a rock and has just one year left on his contract. Take your guess who i prefer. 

Is it Kabak?

55 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Tarkowski > kebak. 

Announce Kabak?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would he be our first palindromic player?  :dunno:

(Assuming futher typos are not encountered)

Just remember which forum you are in brains. I just hope he’s as good going forward as he is going back. 

• Haha 4

Really concerned another centre half signing of Kabak, Tarkowski or Demiral's calibre just scream 3-4-1-2 and it will be Rodgers downfall. 

We need an upgrade on Amartey as 4th choice CB but I think we can look at a cheaper option that will be happier playing 10-15 games in all competitions than paying for a player that will expect to start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaaa as if Fofana and Soyuncu are going to be on the bench.

Exactly and neither is Tarkowski. He is in the prime of his career. We should be looking for a backup in his early thirties who may well be prepared to do the Morgan role.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Exactly and neither is Tarkowski. He is in the prime of his career. We should be looking for a backup in his early thirties who may well be prepared to do the Morgan role.

Cahill is the closest I can think of. Not exactly early 30’s, but a wealth of experience and a « winner » which Rodgers wants. And available on a free this summer. 

Hopefully enables more funds for elsewhere... 

RW :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really concerned another centre half signing of Kabak, Tarkowski or Demiral's calibre just scream 3-4-1-2 and it will be Rodgers downfall. 

We need an upgrade on Amartey as 4th choice CB but I think we can look at a cheaper option that will be happier playing 10-15 games in all competitions than paying for a player that will expect to start.

Not really, Soyuncu, Evans and Fofana have all had injury issues and Evans is getting no younger, we need an extra one in even if we stick with 4 at the back. 

We ended the season with one fit CB, which cost us again this year and cost us last year. 

The reason we have finished 5th to seasons running is lack of squad depth. 

5 hours ago, katieakita said:

Last season we played 38 league games, 1 league cup game, 6 FA cup games and 8 Europa league games i think making that 53 games in a season throw in playing for your National teams for Evans, Little Wes and Cags and that is one hell of a workload. IMVHO if Kabak is rated by the club why not but i see Tarks as a better option at the moment and do we need him? Well how many games last season did Wilf and Timmy C play out of position and having Tarks would be a step up from Big Dan as possible 4th choice but i would not see him as that but part of a two or 3 man central defence. Last season we played a hell of a lot of games in a very short space of time and could argue a better option replacement centre half over the last 10  games or so could have seen  us finish higher in the league. Also think Tarks would back himself to be put himself higher up the pecking order. We need a solid  match day squad giving the Manager more options and also some players are better suited to certain games, we have spent £100 million on as good a training facility as you can find and part of that is helping keep the players as fit as possible. Hindsight suggests at times last season we had to gamble on players fitness or manage minutes having better options in the squad helps the club going forward. 

...the issue at the moment really should be centred around Evans and his recurring issue!!!

It might  be one more Centre Back will not be enough. His ailment can become an issue at anytime, even within a game and this is something the backroom staff will have to very quickly make a decision on. 

13 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Cahill is the closest I can think of. Not exactly early 30’s, but a wealth of experience and a « winner » which Rodgers wants. And available on a free this summer. 

Hopefully enables more funds for elsewhere... 

RW :ph34r:

Still very fit and would be a great teacher for the young defenders off the pitch. With Evans ,Touré and Cahill to school them they should benefit considerably.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Verumex said:

Love how no one in this thread seems to understand the meaning of the word rotation. 

In an ideal world, where you have 4 players in the same position all at the top of the game, there is no 1st or 4th choice player.

They all play, they are all happy, and no one is left overworked as they all get breaks.

I know it's commonly said that every player wants to play every game, but that really isn't good for anyone. No one can play every game, it's simply not sustainable in the long term. 

We finished this season with Castagne and Morgan in the back 3.

Tarkowski wouldn't be coming here as 4th choice, and he wouldn't be knocking Fofana or Soyuncu to the bench either. He would be giving us that depth that we've been begging for, and all 4 would see a lot of game time. 

And for the same reasons I'd love to see someone like Kabak come in as well to give us 5 quality options for this rotation. Again, he wouldn't be knocking anyone to the bench and he wouldn't be 5th choice. Everyone plays, everyone gets breaks. 

Thank You for explaining the meaning of rotation. Well Done !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1