Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

Vestergaard is an absolute donkey. Keep him well away

I suspect the further he gets from the sea side, his donkey-ness will decrease, and as Leicester is about as far as you can get from the sea in England, think we might be ok

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Probably about £15-£18m. Quite expensive really, compared to Kabak, who would cost about £12m

...the concensus appears to be against him coming here..!!!

Why not look to pick up Vestergaard for £3m more, we cannot be looking to be cost cutting, it doesn't work in the long run.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the concensus appears to be against him coming here..!!!

Why not look to pick up Vestergaard for £3m more, we cannot be looking to be cost cutting, it doesn't work in the long run.

I’d prefer Vestegaard. Think he’s off to Spurs though

18 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Never heard of him...:ph34r:  However,  Martin Hinteregger (of Eintracht Frankfurt ) would suit the EPL.  He was very impressive whenever I saw playing for RBS.  29 in September.

I thought the austrian centre backs were really good, but we have tried the other one already, and Hinteregger looks a bit more robust.

We did look at him before, as has been said.

11 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Much prefer Vestergaard. Athletic, tall and looks mean and shouts at refs all match long.

I thought BR once said he does not want to play with lamp-posts?

• Haha 3

Vestergaard is a curious one. As a Dane, I always seen him as a big slow lump, who always make at least one mistake. But he has been outstanding in the Euros and also mostly looked good for Southampton last season. Can't see him coming here to be 4th choice though.

On 09/07/2021 at 10:55, Xen said:

If that's the case then imagine this is one of those transfers that doesn't materialise until very late in the window when Schalke are getting desperate and need to offload him. Whether thats to us or not, I don't know, but the 15m they're after now could drop even further.

I'd argue differently, that a solid, consistent CB with experience is exactly what we need. Evans is the glue that holds our back line together - Cags/Fofana are excellent individually but as a pairing they don't quite cut it at the moment - but he's getting on and has had a few small injuries lately. Given the number of games we'll be hoping to play next season across 4 competitions, having another experienced CB would be incredibly useful to take some of the pressure off of Evans who otherwise has no direct back-up. Sure, a high-risk-high-reward signing would be exciting and have a much higher ceiling but we need to balance that out with consistency and reliability, which someone like Tarkowski would definitely bring.

This is spot on. We need to stop looking at this as a 4th choice cb, and rather as a back-up, rotation with Evans, and get a good amount of playing time. If that player can also be the old head once Evans moves on then even better.

Choice between Evans/new experienced cb for one spot, and Cags/Fofana for the other.

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is….. do we need another ball playing CB with a mistake in them? Because let’s be fair, Cags and Lil Wes both have a clanger in them. 

Every centre-back has a clanger in them. Evans has not had a particularly good season and I would argue made more costly mistakes than Fofana last season. 

Every CB at the top level should be good with the ball, that is now a given - we have moved on from Huth/Morgan and should now be moving on from Amartey too. You only have to look at the number of full-backs playing in a 3 at the back well to know that this is the future.

The question should be 'do we need another front-foot defending CB, or a more traditional CB in the mould of Evans?' - I think we could do with the latter.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The question should be 'do we need another front-foot defending CB, or a more traditional CB in the mould of Evans?' - I think we could do with the latter.

This is why I really want us to sign Tarkowski.

We could then (barring injuries) field Evans + Wes or Cags and in others field Tarkowski + Wes or Cags which would keep the defence well-balanced in my view. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Every centre-back has a clanger in them. Evans has not had a particularly good season and I would argue made more costly mistakes than Fofana last season. 

Every CB at the top level should be good with the ball, that is now a given - we have moved on from Huth/Morgan and should now be moving on from Amartey too. You only have to look at the number of full-backs playing in a 3 at the back well to know that this is the future.

Agree with most of this @jeffschlupp, but Evans not having a good season? You and I must be in parallel universes! IMO he was our most important (not our best, happy to give Youri that) and consistent player, one of the 2/3 contenders for player of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Agree with most of this @jeffschlupp, but Evans not having a good season? You and I must be in parallel universes! IMO he was our most important (not our best, happy to give Youri that) and consistent player, one of the 2/3 contenders for player of the season.

Agree. If Evans hadn't got injured, I'm sure we'd have made CL qualification. 

He stepped up for us and he was absolutely determined to make sure we got over the line. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

You’ve made my point better than I have. That’s what I was getting at, we need someone ideally to step in and take over from Evans when needed. Like @Ric Flair said, doesn’t need to be anyone sexy, but someone with experience, ability and leadership qualities…. A cheaper version of Tarky ideally…..

• Like 2