Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

21 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Irrespective he's been garbage.

He really hasn't been poor at all. He was terrible at Real Madrid & poor against  Aston Villa the following week but other than that he has been pretty decent.

He's good in the air & a pretty good passer but is subject to brain farts. Only 21 & with some good coaching he has lots of upside .

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Nah. We need an evans cover not a soy/fofana cover. 

You need to balance the pairings of your centre half we need a more assured figure back there to lead them. That’s why Tarkowski is 100% the one for me. 

Fofana and soy are both excellent but they are also erratic and sometimes you just need someone calm in there, even if they are less exciting for a fan. 

This is why man city had so many issues with cb’s over the years. When Kompany left they struggled to find that type of player to lead them from the back. Unfortunately they’ve found that again with Dias.  John stones is a tidy player next to someone like that. Put him with another player and all of a sudden he looks hopeless again. 

I agree we need an Evans replacement, but I don’t think Tark is that man. He’s  great in the air, good tackler, good presser and good shot blocker. But he plays in such a deep line at Burnley and he hasn’t got the pace to play in a higher line like we do, also the reason he doesn’t play for England much. Also, on the ball he’s poor, ik the team he’s in doesn’t play football but even when he has the chance he’s unreliable and can’t drive with the ball like Evans. If we were to get him for £15m I wouldn’t be unhappy. But there are players much closer to Evans, who have the potential to be an improvement on him that would only cost a bit more. I think joachim Anderson and nico elvedi would be the perfect options for us. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He really hasn't been poor at all. He was terrible at Real Madrid & poor against  Aston Villa the following week but other than that he has been pretty decent.

He's good in the air & a pretty good passer but is subject to brain farts. Only 21 & with some good coaching he has lots of upside .

I've seen him plenty of times and imo he's been poor. Even the games where he hasn't made mistakes he looked a nervous wreck.

Probably a hundred different ways to spend the guts of £20m on a defender and get someone better for the short and long term.

To spend that sort of money on someone who is significantly poorer than all the centre backs currently at the club is not an astute recruitment move and that's why it won't happen, Leicester are too sharp in the transfer market these days for that.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

Another thing about Kabak that has always struck me, why when Schalke still had a fighting chance of staying up in January were they happy to loan him out? I know hey are skint but that's academic as they weren't bringing any money in for him in January.

You'd think if he was half decent at all they'd have wanted him in the side as they battled to avoid the drop.

Being surplus to requirments at the side who finished bottom of the Bundesliga doesn't read well at all.

• Like 4

We will need four C/Bs who are capable of starting each week. Ndidi dropping back & Mendy playing is DM is not an option ! A back four (hopefully) means two will play the cups & ride the bench. Tarkowski is not coming here to sit on the bench & Cags, Fofana & Evans won't want to play second fiddle. Ajer can play DM & RB & might be a good alternative as well.

The benefit of Kabak is that at 21 & similar to Cags when he arrived he probably wouldn't expect to start each week. 

Fofana is the exception to the rule. A teenager capable of playing Premier League !!!

Theres not many youngsters that can step up at CB in the Premier League

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

We will need four C/Bs who are capable of starting each week. Ndidi dropping back & Mendy playing is DM is not an option ! A back four (hopefully) means two will play the cups & ride the bench. Tarkowski is not coming here to sit on the bench & Cags, Fofana & Evans won't want to play second fiddle. Ajer can play DM & RB & might be a good alternative as well.

The benefit of Kabak is that at 21 & similar to Cags when he arrived he probably wouldn't expect to start each week. 

Fofana is the exception to the rule. A teenager capable of playing Premier League !!!

Theres not many youngsters that can step up at CB in the Premier League

Well played! Had me going with that Font. Thought you were quoting Rodgers for a moment. lol

57 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Well played! Had me going with that Font. Thought you were quoting Rodgers for a moment. lol

You know what's funny is I didn't realize I had done that until I read your text. 

Old people can't be trusted around a laptop !!!

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

You need to balance the pairings of your centre half we need a more assured figure back there to lead them. That’s why Tarkowski is 100% the one for me. 

Fofana and soy are both excellent but they are also erratic and sometimes you just need someone calm in there, even if they are less exciting for a fan. 

This is why man city had so many issues with cb’s over the years. When Kompany left they struggled to find that type of player to lead them from the back. Unfortunately they’ve found that again with Dias.  John stones is a tidy player next to someone like that. Put him with another player and all of a sudden he looks hopeless again. 

Sorry, but the Chelsea league match made nonsense of the first line of your post!

Edited by PaulW

1 minute ago, PaulW said:

Sorry, but the Chelsea match made nonsense of that statement!

What about the Newcastle game though?

I think rather than erratic, perhaps inconsistent, would be more appropriate.

I do agree with the original poster that Soyuncu and Fofana benefit from having Evans next to them and like the original poster would see Tarkowski as a good fit and Evans' natural successor in a couple of years. 

It's a lot to ask for 2 relatively young and inexperienced central defenders to play to a high level of concentration throughout a long Premier League season.

It blows my mind that I can easily see Fofana esclipsing Soyuncu in the next year, and that is no slight on Cags at all.  

:nigel:

edit: Sorry, that was off topic. Erm Gerrimin?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It blows my mind that I can easily see Fofana esclipsing Soyuncu in the next year, and that is no slight on Cags at all.  

Fofana looks like he is going to eclipse a lot of CB's . It will be hard work for BR to pick 2 CB's if he he plays a back four.

I personally prefer us to buy younger players with potential so Kabak is a YES with me 

Edited by gurru991

44 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

A positive would be Cags gets a mate from Turkey that won't make him feel lonely here

Remind me - how did that work out last time?

• Haha 4

Tarkowski will cost us about 20 million and perhaps 80 grand a week but has a good six years in him. Smalling would be a modest fee and 120 grand a week but is three years older. They are both reliable , experienced defenders. Smalling and Evans are obviously old teammates and in my opinion Man.U. made a grave and expensive  error when they split them up. I thought we should have inquired about Smalling when Maguire left but he could still be a useful addition if we can pay him. Smalling is no longer on loan so that makes it all the more difficult. This will not be an easy task but with only one experienced defender , we have to make it happen.

Edited by An Sionnach

Am very much in the more experienced camp.
Based on what’s been suggested so far I think Tarks is probably the best bet and on a more moderate salary than some of the others, if Dyche is willing to play ball. Smalling still has 2 years left on his deal - so would cost £10-15mill maybe and would be on fairly high wages. 

Given Evans age and recent injury troubles Tarkowski could still expect to play a decent number of games. Although if we need to save money in order to spend more elsewhere (RW) then wouldn’t be completely opposed to a Smalling or even Cahill as 4th choice.

Smalling (31) £10-15mill 

Tarkowski (28) £15-20mill

Cahill (35) Free

Boateng (32) Free 

Kabak (21) £20mill 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I can’t disagree with you on your points. My only concern is the cost of a Tarkowski or player with that level of experience. Whether we are willing to pay that for a player who would be understudy to the three we currently have.

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

What about Gary Cahill as a Evans cover?

• Sad 1

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

You know what's funny is I didn't realize I had done that until I read your text. 

Old people can't be trusted around a laptop !!!

Better not get near a mobile thenlol. Half the time I cant even see what I'm typing or reading unless I've got the #2s out.

50 minutes ago, mo-rima said:

I wasn't to impressive with him at Liverpool 

He was shite against us but apparently played pretty well in other games for Liverpool . I would rather chew my own arm off than watch Liverpool play so it’s only anecdotal 

• Haha 1