Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Evans is 34 next season, he should be expecting to slip down the order. 

Still don't see us going and nailing another £25m on a centre half, as has been said Amartey is an able 4th choice and we have Ben Nelson being fast tracked through the ranks. All can change quite quickly but come the summer we will have to purchase at least one winger (Ünder will cost us £24m) as well as a striker, if one doesn't arrive this window. 

• Like 4

Guest Hansifüx

sounds like a business deal/decision, Leicester could be a place where kabak could improve and maybe the idea is to sell one of the three  Soyuncu/Fofana/Kabak for lots of money soon.... talented young players seem to gain a lot  from  playing/training  with Evans.  Personally I think, maybe a team like Christal Palace is a better place for him to start his PL career. Liverpool could also work, especially if they were to loan him in case he isn't good enough to be considered for the first 11 from the start.  I don't think Leicester needs him right now, unless BR wants to rotate a lot and champions league next year is the goal. 

Guest Hansifüx
4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Still don't see us going and nailing another £25m on a centre half, as has been said Amartey is an able 4th choice and we have Ben Nelson being fast tracked through the ranks. All can change quite quickly but come the summer we will have to purchase at least one winger (Ünder will cost us £24m) as well as a striker, if one doesn't arrive this window. 

I am not yet convinced Ünder will stay. At the moment he is not fitting into the system (unless rotated with Barnes which I don't think is an option). There are also very good wide players like Justin/Castagne/Ricardo/Thomas who suit other formations ... Leicester may buy Ünder but  sell him right away to another (potentially in PL) team who really needs him in his position.  What could work (but maybe is unlikely)  is to use Barnes or Ünder as a replacement for Vardy, any other option seem unrealistic. With Albrightion/Praet/Perez/Nacho available ... I assume in the next weeks things may be clarified ... 

8 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

sounds like a business deal/decision, Leicester could be a place where kabak could improve and maybe the idea is to sell one of the three  Soyuncu/Fofana/Kabak for lots of money soon.... talented young players seem to gain a lot  from  playing/training  with Evans.  Personally I think, maybe a team like Christal Palace is a better place for him to start his PL career. Liverpool could also work, especially if they were to loan him in case he isn't good enough to be considered for the first 11 from the start.  I don't think Leicester needs him right now, unless BR wants to rotate a lot and champions league next year is the goal. 

...not sure I follow this!!!

Crystal Palace is a good destination for Kabak or failing that Liverpool. Both teams are poles apart in the league as well as available talent and yet you see Kabak in either defence.

He appears to be good enough to force his way into our team, having watched the obligatory YouTube and also projects leadership qualities as well.

Guest Hansifüx
15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure I follow this!!!

Crystal Palace is a good destination for Kabak or failing that Liverpool. Both teams are poles apart in the league as well as available talent and yet you see Kabak in either defence.

He appears to be good enough to force his way into our team, having watched the obligatory YouTube and also projects leadership qualities as well.

Both Liverpool and Palace are in need of a quality CB. Liverpool's situation is complicated (I am not sure if Kabak can be a quick fix considering their ambitions,  maybe he can, if not, I would wish for him to be loaned to a team like Palace).  Leicester does't need a CB right now, especially with Soyuncu's recovery unless there is a plan to sell Soyuncu. ... sorry my thoughts are not completely sorted out ;)

12 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe Evans can't play too many games next season, Soyunchu is injured still, Big Wes is retiring, Fuchs as well mate there is room for another CB.

It's be surprised if we used our budget on a CB though rather than a midfielder or attacker.

Soyuncu was on the bench for the last match. He's not still injured. Big Wes and Fuchs are no more than emergency cover these days. Amartey and Thomas are their replacements. I think the club would rather bring back Knight or Benkovic as 5th choice CB than splash £25m on someone. Unless we're going to sell Fofana or Cags I don't expect we'll be buying another CB anytime soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Soyuncu was on the bench for the last match. He's not still injured. Big Wes and Fuchs are no more than emergency cover these days. Amartey and Thomas are their replacements. I think the club would rather bring back Knight or Benkovic as 5th choice CB than splash £25m on someone. Unless we're going to sell Fofana or Cags I don't expect we'll be buying another CB anytime soon.

It’s been said elsewhere but we need 6 CBs. 
Our first 5, in no order, are Evans Fofana Soyuncu Amartey & JJ (who also covers both FB & both WB positions!). Morgan & Fuchs give us a 6th & a 7th.

Neither Knight or Benkovic are going to be 6th choice next season IMO. With Amartey injury prone & JJ potentially needed elsewhere, I very much expect a new CB signing before next season, but not this window unless an irresistible opportunity presents itself.

16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It’s been said elsewhere but we need 6 CBs. 
Our first 5, in no order, are Evans Fofana Soyuncu Amartey & JJ (who also covers both FB & both WB positions!). Morgan & Fuchs give us a 6th & a 7th.

Neither Knight or Benkovic are going to be 6th choice next season IMO. With Amartey injury prone & JJ potentially needed elsewhere, I very much expect a new CB signing before next season, but not this window unless an irresistible opportunity presents itself.

I don't think we do need 6 CBs. I think we're at our best with a back 4, and I think BR's only used 3 at the back so much because of all the injuries. If a back 4 is the default, then 4 CBs in the squad is probably enough, especially if you have Ndidi to fill in in an emergency. If we're using 3 at the back sometimes, then one more CB in the squad is probably a good idea, but then JJ is a good option in a back 3.

We have 3 very good CBs, and if we're using a back 4 most of the time, which I think is likely, then it could well be a challenge to keep them all happy as it is. There won't be any room for a player like Kabak.

If we're adding another CB, then I think it has to be a cheaper squad player who doesn't expect to get in the team. Maybe a gamble on someone from the lower leagues, or someone at the end of their career.

If we're splashing £25m on someone, I think a defender is probably the lowest priority area as things stand.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think we do need 6 CBs. I think we're at our best with a back 4, and I think BR's only used 3 at the back so much because of all the injuries. If a back 4 is the default, then 4 CBs in the squad is probably enough, especially if you have Ndidi to fill in in an emergency. If we're using 3 at the back sometimes, then one more CB in the squad is probably a good idea, but then JJ is a good option in a back 3.

We have 3 very good CBs, and if we're using a back 4 most of the time, which I think is likely, then it could well be a challenge to keep them all happy as it is. There won't be any room for a player like Kabak.

If we're adding another CB, then I think it has to be a cheaper squad player who doesn't expect to get in the team. Maybe a gamble on someone from the lower leagues, or someone at the end of their career.

If we're splashing £25m on someone, I think a defender is probably the lowest priority area as things stand.

Well we’ll agree to disagree on the numbers needed then. 
I fully expect a new CB to come in as notional 4th choice but really to compete/rotate with Fofana Evans & Soyuncu, especially if we’re in Europe again. But agree with you that £25m is more than ideally you’d spend on that position.  Tarkowski will be available for c£15m next summer hand would be perfect for the role.

And just to remind you, we spent £12m on a reserve GK...

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Well we’ll agree to disagree on the numbers needed then. 
I fully expect a new CB to come in as notional 4th choice but really to compete/rotate with Fofana Evans & Soyuncu, especially if we’re in Europe again. But agree with you that £25m is more than ideally you’d spend on that position.  Tarkowski will be available for c£15m next summer hand would be perfect for the role.

And just to remind you, we spent £12m on a reserve GK...

I think Amartey is a good 4th choice CB. As long as he can stay fit, I doubt the club will be looking to strengthen in central defence. If we did buy another CB, as I said, I think it will much more likely be a punt on a young player or an older, past-his-best player.

Although he could be a bargain soon, I can't see a player like Tarkowski wanting to come here when he can see there are 3 players ahead of him in the pecking order. He's in his peak and will want to be playing regularly.

Re: Ward - I agree - that was a lot to spend on a backup keeper, but I think you have to have a decent backup GK. One injury to Kasper and your season could be done for. It's much easier to make do in an outfield position, especially if you already have good backup and other players who can fill in well.

If we were to carry on suffering injuries to defenders, or sold Cags or Fofana, then maybe a signing like this could happen, but otherwise, I can't see it. I think that money could be much better spent on a forward.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think Amartey is a good 4th choice CB. As long as he can stay fit, I doubt the club will be looking to strengthen in central defence. If we did buy another CB, as I said, I think it will much more likely be a punt on a young player or an older, past-his-best player.

Although he could be a bargain soon, I can't see a player like Tarkowski wanting to come here when he can see there are 3 players ahead of him in the pecking order. He's in his peak and will want to be playing regularly.

Re: Ward - I agree - that was a lot to spend on a backup keeper, but I think you have to have a decent backup GK. One injury to Kasper and your season could be done for. It's much easier to make do in an outfield position, especially if you already have good backup and other players who can fill in well.

If we were to carry on suffering injuries to defenders, or sold Cags or Fofana, then maybe a signing like this could happen, but otherwise, I can't see it. I think that money could be much better spent on a forward.

For sure we agree on that! As @Ric Flairsaid elsewhere we have good to excellent cover in goal, CB, FB & midfield. It’s up front where we’re most severely lacking 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

I am not yet convinced Ünder will stay. At the moment he is not fitting into the system (unless rotated with Barnes which I don't think is an option). There are also very good wide players like Justin/Castagne/Ricardo/Thomas who suit other formations ... Leicester may buy Ünder but  sell him right away to another (potentially in PL) team who really needs him in his position.  What could work (but maybe is unlikely)  is to use Barnes or Ünder as a replacement for Vardy, any other option seem unrealistic. With Albrightion/Praet/Perez/Nacho available ... I assume in the next weeks things may be clarified ... 

Agree about Under, has to show more to warrant £30 million transfer and I get the impression Brendon is not sold on him yet .

26 minutes ago, jerry said:

Agree about Under, has to show more to warrant £30 million transfer and I get the impression Brendon is not sold on him yet .

Has to be given more chances to try and do that though, I really question when Rodgers is going to trust him more. Never brings him on if we are winning games (Leeds aside) so we have to wait until we are probably losing for him to get a chance and that's not an environment that is likely to lead to him prospering here.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not interested in a guy who struggles to impact matches sitting on the bench?

Exactly, can't for the life of me understand why Rodgers won't bring him on yesterday. Look at the games he did vs Arsenal and Leeds. He was brilliant and produced 2 assists. If you can't trust him in games we are in command or finely poised then only giving him minutes when we are losing and throwing everything at it is a desperate environment for a.player to make a name for himself here.

• Like 1

Under will get his chance, it just happens that Albrighton has hit a little purple patch and Barnes is in the form of his life. 

I'd imagine Under will get the FA cup matches and then I can see him bullying his way into to the team from there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly, can't for the life of me understand why Rodgers won't bring him on yesterday. Look at the games he did vs Arsenal and Leeds. He was brilliant and produced 2 assists. If you can't trust him in games we are in command or finely poised then only giving him minutes when we are losing and throwing everything at it is a desperate environment for a.player to make a name for himself here.

Oh, I can understand it, knowing the person involved.  Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2021 at 17:16, GingerrrFox said:

Fofana and Soyuncu are the future centre back pairing in a back 4. Evans has just signed a new 2 year deal so he’s going nowhere and is still gonna play regularly/push Fofana and Soyuncu all the way.
Brendan rates Amartey and he will play enough games to keep him happy and JJ is also a very good option as a wide centre back against teams whose attack is based around pace such as Tottenham and Leeds. Add into the mix Ben Nelson who in 2 years time should hopefully be knocking on the first team door by all the reports I’ve heard on him so far and we are pretty set at centre back for the foreseeable future. 

Fofana

Soyuncu

Evans

Amartey

JJ

Nelson

Can’t see it myself. 

it’s. but if a stretch adding a guy who you admit will be 2 years away from knocking on the first team door... and JJ is a stretch too- sure in as cover but who when is playing and covering the Rb/Lb?

hes played cb because we have. been short of cover there not because it’s a preferred option.

Need a new cb, but not at that price we dont

On 04/01/2021 at 06:02, Ric Flair said:

He was coming off a dodgy hamstring. Wouldn't have played him either in a game we were winning 'comfortably' - until we weren't!

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

He was coming off a dodgy hamstring. Wouldn't have played him either in a game we were winning 'comfortably' - until we weren't!

We were winning it comfortably until we went more defensive. We used to destroy teams in the latter stages of games under Rodgers, he always knew when to replace tiring players with impact players and we often scored more goals. I think Ünder could be that player for him but he will need to trust him more. 

• Like 1