Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

For £18m, I’m not sure there’s much better out there. Good option for a fourth Centerback imo, on the proviso we’ve let go Morgan Benkovic and maybe Amartey off the books

There's tons better out there at that sort of money. Two examples would be Tarkwoski who will probably be available in that ball park and Ajer who'd cost half that.

Guest SO1
23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would not. Rather go for a BOGOFF with Odsonne/Kristoffer. :ph34r:

BOGOFF? I read something about Ajer going to Newcastle yesterday. Not that they can afford him.

On 08/01/2021 at 09:34, NewquayFox said:

Definitely a yes from me, we know Soyuncu & Amartey are nearing full fitness and as previously mentioned Morgan (coaching role) and Fuchs will not be on the playing staff come the summer, Evans is picking up more knocks and Fofana is going to attract so much attention from suitors in the summer. Get this lad in and let Soyuncu settle him in and teach him the ropes (but not dress him) we need 4 strong fit CBS with Champions League next season... :thumbup:

Bumping my own post but he is available at €23 million as Liverpool didn’t trigger his release clause, worth a gamble in my humble opinion... :chant:

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not for me. As many others have said, spend the cash on some experience.

I recon Smalling could be tempted back to England and could be a good option.

Always wanted us to go for him, sure he signed a decent deal at Roma though so his wages will be pretty high.

If we could drive down the price to circa £15m then I'd be for this. Had a rough time at Liverpool but was thrown into a near-impossible situation. Fits the profile of a highly regarded young player who has had a tough time at another club. For the right price, he could fit the bill as CB cover.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Always wanted us to go for him, sure he signed a decent deal at Roma though so his wages will be pretty high.

Would have thought he is on a max of 80k a week which for a few years and a low transfer fee wouldn’t be bad.

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not for me. As many others have said, spend the cash on some experience.

I recon Smalling could be tempted back to England and could be a good option.

Smalling is just not very good, he is not the player Leicester need. Keep bringing in young players & develop them rather than give big wages to a player that is never going to get any better.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The last thing our defence is another young inexperienced centre back, they need another experienced pro to marshal them in case Evans is injured again.

Smalling has been great at Roma, I’m using his name as an example as much as anything but don’t think he would be a bad option.

Completely agree. I think Smalling would be a great option. Let's not forget, he was tarred with a brush at Man Utd whilst forming a defence with the likes of Phil Jones, amongst others. Italian clubs don't tend to buy too many English players anyway, let alone one who can't defend. He's pretty solid and dependable.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

The last thing our defence is another young inexperienced centre back, they need another experienced pro to marshal them in case Evans is injured again.

Smalling has been great at Roma, I’m using his name as an example as much as anything but don’t think he would be a bad option.

Smalling has been ok @ Roma  but definitely not great !!

50 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

At the prices speculated, £8-10m they should be able to easily.

We should go for an experienced head at CB, ideally PL experience.

but if we don’t, Ajer seems a very low risk gamble at that price, would be happy to see him in blue. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

When I started to read this I was half expecting it to read the last thing our defense needs is another Turkish centre back. :ph34r:

Ok so he was thrown in at the deep end and didn't come off. I remember watching his you tube highlights when we were interested pre last season and he looked colossaland, a good football player....

The exact same thing happened with Sòyunchù,  he played a couple of games and looked rash , but in hindsight, as we know with caģs he had the language barrier to deal with and didn't feature till the following season. 

$15 Or anything under will become a bargain after a year with Brendans tuteledge and the ace card being Caģs to translate..

• Like 2