Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

Definitely a yes from me, we know Soyuncu & Amartey are nearing full fitness and as previously mentioned Morgan (coaching role) and Fuchs will not be on the playing staff come the summer, Evans is picking up more knocks and Fofana is going to attract so much attention from suitors in the summer. Get this lad in and let Soyuncu settle him in and teach him the ropes (but not dress him) we need 4 strong fit CBS with Champions League next season... :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We were winning it comfortably until we went more defensive. We used to destroy teams in the latter stages of games under Rodgers, he always knew when to replace tiring players with impact players and we often scored more goals. I think Ünder could be that player for him but he will need to trust him more. 

Totally agree (see my comments on the Under thread elsewhere on FT).

But also agree with Brendan's precaution (if that's what it was) to hold him out, coming off injury, of that game. Both are not incompatible.

Edited by NaijaFox

There wouldn't be much money left in the pot for a decent striker. We also have to pay for Under or find an alternative. Looking at what we usually spend without cashing in one another of our better players I think there are more pressing priorities than collecting yet another centre half. Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana, Armarty with cover of Justin or even Ndidi is ample in comparison I think. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-refused-pay-clause-targeted-leicester-instead-club-urgently-need-sale/

Liverpool have rejected the chance to activate Ozan Kabak’s release clause this summer, with Leicester City now eyeing a deal

That’s according to Sport 1 Chief Reporter Patrick Berger, who says a permanent switch to Anfield is now ‘unlikely’.

Kabak has been on loan with Liverpool since the January transfer window when they brought him to the club amid a defensive crisis.

The initial deal included a future purchase clause of €23m and, after a rocky start, it appeared they would take that up as he settled more in the heart of their defence.

Embed from Getty Images

However, recent weeks have indicated that Liverpool are not keen on the deal, particularly as they’re seemingly closing in on a deal for RB Leipzig’s Ibrahima Konaté.

Berger now confirms that is the case, stating that he’s had it confirmed that the Reds have not activated the €23m clause in the loan deal, and a permanent move to Anfield is ‘unlikely’.

As a result, Kabak could be move elsewhere this summer, and he is being ‘targeted’ by both RB Leipzig and Leicester.

Patrick Berger

@berger_pj

Confirmed: Liverpool FC has not activated the €23m release clause for Ozan Kabak. A permanente deal with #LFC is unlikely. The 21-year-old Turkish centre-back is targeted by RB Leipzig and Leicester City. #S04 urgently need to sell him this summer.

@ozankabak4

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-refused-pay-clause-targeted-leicester-instead-club-urgently-need-sale/

Liverpool have rejected the chance to activate Ozan Kabak’s release clause this summer, with Leicester City now eyeing a deal

That’s according to Sport 1 Chief Reporter Patrick Berger, who says a permanent switch to Anfield is now ‘unlikely’.

Kabak has been on loan with Liverpool since the January transfer window when they brought him to the club amid a defensive crisis.

The initial deal included a future purchase clause of €23m and, after a rocky start, it appeared they would take that up as he settled more in the heart of their defence.

Embed from Getty Images

However, recent weeks have indicated that Liverpool are not keen on the deal, particularly as they’re seemingly closing in on a deal for RB Leipzig’s Ibrahima Konaté.

Berger now confirms that is the case, stating that he’s had it confirmed that the Reds have not activated the €23m clause in the loan deal, and a permanent move to Anfield is ‘unlikely’.

As a result, Kabak could be move elsewhere this summer, and he is being ‘targeted’ by both RB Leipzig and Leicester.

Am I wrong in thinking he's struggled to oust Nat Philips and Rhys Williams from the starting XI? Unless I'm missing something (injury maybe?), that's hardly a stunning advocacy of his qualities from Klopp. If he'd played most of the matches since his loan but they just preferred someone else as their permanent target, that's one thing, but the portents from Liverpool seem pretty unequivocal. I really haven't seen enough of him to judge whether he'd be a helpful addition but to use a modern term, I'm seeing some red flags here.

6 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Am I wrong in thinking he's struggled to oust Nat Philips and Rhys Williams from the starting XI? Unless I'm missing something (injury maybe?), that's hardly a stunning advocacy of his qualities from Klopp. If he'd played most of the matches since his loan but they just preferred someone else as their permanent target, that's one thing, but the portents from Liverpool seem pretty unequivocal. I really haven't seen enough of him to judge whether he'd be a helpful addition but to use a modern term, I'm seeing some red flags here.

Your not wrong, watched him a number of times this season and he was terrible, so much so that Phillips and Williams are preferred to him as you allude to.

Wouldn't be touching him with a barge pole, particularly at 20 odd million.

• Like 3

For less than the £18m Liverpool were having to pay I would consider it

But I would prefer a more experienced player as we have seen the issues we have without Evans, but of course it all depends on how much we have to spend

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They weren’t preferred to Kabak, he played every game until he got injured, which is when Phillips and Williams came in and he hasn’t been available since

Thanks, that's why I asked about injury, I wasn't sure what had happened and couldn't be bothered to look it up.

It's a little unfair to judge on the few games I saw him, but he still looked pretty shite tbh. Would you be happy with us signing him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

But I would prefer a more experienced player as we have seen the issues we have without Evans, but of course it all depends on how much we have to spend

Apologies, I didn't see this post before I asked you the question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

For £18m, I’m not sure there’s much better out there. Good option for a fourth Centerback imo, on the proviso we’ve let go Morgan Benkovic and maybe Amartey off the books

Edited by FoxinNotts

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

For £18m, I’m not sure there’s much better out there. Good option for a fourth Centerback imo, on the proviso we’ve let go Morgan Benkovic and maybe Amartey off the books

Yeah I think he could be good value, as Schalke are apparently desperate for money and with Liverpool turning down signing him he may be cheaper than that

But hopefully we do our due diligence with players like Tarkowski, someone a bit more experienced even if they cost a bit more, before we possibly jump into getting Kabak

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Someone else waiting in the wings ...    obviously winning the FA Cup was an omen ...  

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_f696e596-00db-11eb-aba6-8a365e8762c3-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Great - the bi-annual Tarkowski Festival is officially up and running.   Andros and Westagraard coming next to a Forum near you .......

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely a more experienced player like Tarkowski over a young un.

I'm hoping we go back to a back four and was of the opinion that three main CB's were enough. I've changed my stance recently as all our CB's have had injury problems and we finished the season with Ndidi and Castagne there. With another Europa campaign next season Tarkowski wouldn't be overkill especially as we might end up selling Fofana or Caglar next summer and Evans will be another year older.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Definitely a more experienced player like Tarkowski over a young un.

I'm hoping we go back to a back four and was of the opinion that three main CB's were enough. I've changed my stance recently as all our CB's have had injury problems and we finished the season with Ndidi and Castagne there. With another Europa campaign next season Tarkowski wouldn't be overkill especially as we might end up selling Fofana or Caglar next summer and Evans will be another year older.

I think when you look at the amount of niggly injuries that Evans has picked up this season it would be a good idea to get someone in, especially if that foot thing he has gets any worse

Certainly hope it is a more experienced player, from what Dyche was saying it sounds like Burnley will try to keep hold of him, wouldn’t be surprised if we got someone in on loan and then went for Tarkowski on a free next year

I would have had him before his Liverpool spell but I don't think he was that great with them and seemed to get injured constantly.

Would sooner look at someone like Tarkowski.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think when you look at the amount of niggly injuries that Evans has picked up this season it would be a good idea to get someone in, especially if that foot thing he has gets any worse

Certainly hope it is a more experienced player, from what Dyche was saying it sounds like Burnley will try to keep hold of him, wouldn’t be surprised if we got someone in on loan and then went for Tarkowski on a free next year

I think that's Dyche trying to drive the price up and portraying if anyone wants him then there are no bargains to be had.

I think Burnley will cash in on anything north of £15m for a player who is OOC in a year.

• Like 1