Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Andy King Moves to OH Leuven!

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wonder what amazing success you've had In your own life to be able to describe periods of Andy Kings career as failure after failure? 

He's won league one, the championship and the premier league, earned millions of pounds played football in 3 different European leagues his wife looks like a model and he lives in a mansion. Not to mention he helped Huddersfield out of a relegation battle in the championship just a few months ago. 

I wish I could of had some failures like that in my life! 

Good luck to Andy I hope he continues to do what he loves and what he's bloody good at for a long time yet. 

Edit: I also forgot to mention he has 50 international caps and has played in a European championship semi final and a champions league quarter final. 

Failure after failure the absolute nerve! 

Absolutely spot on, he's had an absolutely model professional football career! To actually get to play in the Premiership is a hell of an achievement as a footballer in fact, even lower league teams is also. There seems to be an obsession in some people to have to set unrealistic unachieveable gold standards for other individuals whilst in their own lives they probably couldn't even make their local school team. Just because I'm able to point out that Andy King didn't have the same success as Lionel Messi doesn't give me any reflected glory or make me an expert. 

If I could have had the career of Andy King I would believe myself to have been one hell of an achiever football wise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

Wouldn't it be insane if Kingy could get one of these medals to add to his collection.

YouriMedal.JPG.3cf2dc106e846a08df22628aa90ecc4c.JPG

btw who is that fella?

What the **** is that trophy all about? I can't work out if the big ball is a stand behind him and the trophy is just the bit in his hands with a Bull on top? Or is it all the same thing? 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Failure after failure 

I wouldn’t class a League 1, Championship and Premiership winners medals and being and international a failure . Although I would say his footballing abilities have took a nose dive over the last few years . 

Will be interesting to see how he does, he couldn't get a game in the SPL and I think this league is probably stronger. I think it's similar to the Matty James thing. Giving him a pay day when no one else will cus he's well liked within the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I like Andy king lol , but hes not exactly hit ground running anywhere hes been since and jes never reaching the same highs again 

It was always going to be very difficult for him leaving a club he spent the best part of 15 years at, everyone would have a certain dip in performance leaving your comfort zone and going somewhere new after that length of time. He has nothing to prove in England anyway so maybe some time abroad will be good for him and provide a new challenge.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Wow what a fantastic move, unsure why no championship sides made a serious effort for him but he’s gonna do so well at Leuven I can feel it.

Must admit i thought a good move for him would've been Wycombe. He comes from Maidenhead and could've gone there on a pay as you play deal or something like that. Wouldve been a win win for him and Wycombe.

3 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Must admit i thought a good move for him would've been Wycombe. He comes from Maidenhead and could've gone there on a pay as you play deal or something like that. Wouldve been a win win for him and Wycombe.

Have you seen how expensive it is there! Bet those Wycombe players can barely afford the rent :teehee:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-leicester-city-boss-nigel-4863272

Former Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson helps Andy King make next career move
Former City midfielder Andy King has joined sister club OH Leuven in Belgium and is looking to help them establish themselves in the Belgian top flight's top five

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 7 JAN 2021

Andy King sought the advice of Nigel Pearson before upping sticks and moving to Belgium to join OH Leuven.

The Welsh midfielder has found his first club since leaving Leicester City last summer in a fellow King Power outfit, who are battling for a European spot in their first season back in the Belgian top flight.

But it was not a decision taken on a whim by King, who spoke to former City boss Pearson, who spent 18 months at Leuven from 2017 to 2019, as well as goalkeeper Daniel Iversen and forward Josh Eppiah, who are both on loan at Leuven from Leicester.

“It’s a new country, a new competition, that appealed to me anyway,” said King. “You also have the link with Leicester City.

“I talked to Pearson, Eppiah and Iversen. They told me some good things about both the club and the city. Nigel knows (Leuven’s current head coach) Marc Brys quite well and told me I wouldn't regret my move.

“The style of play here is a bit different from what I'm used to, but I can count on the support of the boys to adapt both on and off the field.”

Although King has only signed up until the end of the season, he is setting his sights on a longer career with Leuven.

“I hope I can ride the same course with OHL as with Leicester,” the 32-year-old. “Even though I only signed until the end of the season, I would like to help build something here in the longer term.

“I immediately felt welcome and the players immediately included me in the group, and I'm really looking forward to it. Again, I really want to help this club to secure a permanent place in the top five in a few years' time.”

King could be thrown into the deep end and make his debut in a huge clash with Anderlecht this weekend, the Belgian giants managed by former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany.

“I am really looking forward to being able to play football again,” he added.

“Every footballer says he is ready to play. I'm no exception. It is up to the coach to make that choice, but in my head I am absolutely ready.”

• Like 2