Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Stoke (a) - FA Cup Match Thread - 09/01/2021

Just now, kingfox said:

We’re gonna get destroyed by Brendan’s favourite player of all time, the ‘Welsh Xavi’.

Hope he doesn't play well Brendan will be bidding :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

8 defensive players on the bench :blink: couldn't hurt to have put a couple of youngsters in surely? 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A bit miffed we’ve no kids on the team. Would have been an ideal opportunity to try some of them. 

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Obviously BR does not rate our kids

I mean with what is happening with Covid at clubs like Villa and Derby etc. it is probably not the best time to be mixing the kids in with our first team

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Guest seanfox778

What's the Stoke line-up? Sky Sports app is crap with details if it's not a competition they're involved in. 

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

A lot stronger than expected. Not a lot of fire power from the bench though. 

as was said before in the Nacho thread, think hes very useful coming on for last 20 minutes, an we can see what Perez/ barnes can do up top, the change is possible without a sub.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A bit miffed we’ve no kids on the team. Would have been an ideal opportunity to try some of them. 

Rise in covid infections will mean they'll be even less tempted to mix the academy and first team right now.

• Like 2

Just now, PaulW said:

Rodgers can't win!  People moaning because he's not playing any youngsters......bet he'd be pilloried for not taking the cup seriously if he did play them!

And, as others have suggested, it may be that clubs don't want first team, reserves, kids to all be mixing so we're left with no choice but to keep the first team or go with all the youngsters.

2 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Rodgers can't win!  People moaning because he's not playing any youngsters......bet he'd be pilloried for not taking the cup seriously if he did play them!

I think, me included, people like to see a strong team with a couple young players chucked in.

But Ric and Corky make good points about not mixing squads due to Covid. That might be in Brendan's thoughts considering he usually does give youth a chance ala Thomas.

• Like 2

I was surprised he's picked a near first team for this. I thought he would play maybe 2 or 3 from the Newcastle game. This could be an opportunity for the others to put a claim in to a first team place and get a run and a bit of a tune-up  like Ihenacho, Mendy, Thomas etc.