Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

How could you! 

Mickey Adams biggest mistake at the club was falling out with Sturridge. He'd have scored the goals we needed to stay up. 

Really liked Sturridge, was a breath of fresh air when he signed after watching Benjamin and Akinbiyi for the previous year. Hat-trick against Fiorentina too.

Wasn't it Bassett he fell out with?

Edited by Rain King

17 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Really liked Sturridge, was a breath of fresh air when he signed after watching Benjamin and Akinbiyi for the previous year. Hat-trick against Fiorentina too.

Wasn't it Bassett he fell out with?

The rumor at the time was Adams and him were in a physical interaction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Hobbs and Morrison seemed to signal the end of the first Pearson era of looking for young, hungry players with points to prove. They went for broke under Sven with all the loan signings and big fees and again it took Pearson coming back to settle things down again with Morgan, Drinkwater, James all joining.

Mee and Davies were good players for us who have done well but were never long-term thinking unlike Hobbs and Morrison and I prefer that method.

Changes started well before Sven. Sousa came in and tried to change the way we played overnight with the Thai’s wanting European style football and more big-name players. You can see why, the squad we had when Pearson took over the second time, on paper should’ve walked the championship, if they played for us the way they’d played for their previous clubs. 

Thanks for pointing out the obvious too, I clearly don’t think that signing a load of expensive lads on loan over building a young talented squad is better do I lol

Have said it before but the signing in 1988 of Steve Thompson - No

not that one.  Never kicked a ball in anger

Love my late 80s crap Leicester players like the loan signings of

Dave Langan

Kjetil Osvold

Paul Moran

Lee Glover

Mike Hooper

Lawrie Madden

Terry Fenwick 

but... but.. Kevin Campbell was good!

39 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Have said it before but the signing in 1988 of Steve Thompson - No

not that one.  Never kicked a ball in anger

Love my late 80s crap Leicester players like the loan signings of

Dave Langan

Kjetil Osvold

Paul Moran

Lee Glover

Mike Hooper

Lawrie Madden

Terry Fenwick 

but... but.. Kevin Campbell was good!

You’ll remember Marc North then, RIP

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Fvck me he was useless. Decent stats before he joined us. His agent must’ve been great, got him some good moves. His brother was decent though.

6 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

Carl Cort? 

Indeed so only play 14 times for the foxes, his time with us was cut short in January of that same season where his contract was terminated. He ended up finishing the season up with Marbella FC! He did return to championship shortly after with a spell with Norwich. Retired from the game in 2014 after spending some time in the US... yep got a well known brother currently playing his trade at Fulham. While Carl is... ooh dunno perhaps back in Marbella lol