Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

28 minutes ago, jack-lcfc said:

Ryan smith, I think we loaned him from arsenal

After the 4-2 win over Sheffield United 15 years ago, I thought Ryan Smith was going to go on to greater things. Never fulfilled his potential, maybe injury prone, but still young, same age as Vardy. Shame really.

10 hours ago, Brenfox said:

Patrick Gerrbrand.

For some reason I thought he was going to be absolutely class.

Not living anywhere near Leicestershire and before the days where you had countless videos and forums to get your info, I used to think that about most of the foreign players we signed lol

In the absence of new / current highlights / goals DVD's and with a tradition to maintain (of watching one on Boxing day morning whilst guzzling a tube of smarties down in one) I ordered the 2011-12 edition off ebay which I'd somehow missed and put it on. I was getting my head back to that era and most things felt familiar but I found myself asking "Right Back? Who's at right back? Not De-Laet yet, not the season we had Naughton on loan, who is it". It was  Peltier. So a genuine forgotten one for me. Even hearing his name didn't push any buttons. And he's the same one who's at West Brom? Not like he was in and out either, seems like he played all season but.....:dunno:

12 hours ago, BoyJones said:

After the 4-2 win over Sheffield United 15 years ago, I thought Ryan Smith was going to go on to greater things. Never fulfilled his potential, maybe injury prone, but still young, same age as Vardy. Shame really.

I remember during his spell here he was seemingly the only bright spark at the club, which says a lot about our squad at the time.

13 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Probably our best performance in about a 4 year window. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Kinell, some of the names coming up in here, we used to be a proper home for journeymen.

How about Chris Makin? Michael Morrison?

Michael Morrison wasn't a journeyman, he was a young player from non-league who did well for a couple of years. 

Did far better than the aging waste of timers we had in the year preceding him.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I really liked Morrison. Did a very decent job at centre back or right back and chipped in with a few goals. Was much better than the shite before him or brought in by Sven to replace him and Hobbs.

Davies, Bruma, Bamba, Mee all gone on to have better careers than Hobbs and Morrison. Arguably, St Ledger did too. Less said about Mills the better.

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

I really liked Morrison. Did a very decent job at centre back or right back and chipped in with a few goals. Was much better than the shite before him or brought in by Sven to replace him and Hobbs.

Morrison is currently captain at Reading i think...?

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Davies, Bruma, Bamba, Mee all gone on to have better careers than Hobbs and Morrison. Arguably, St Ledger did too. Less said about Mills the better.

Hobbs and Morrison seemed to signal the end of the first Pearson era of looking for young, hungry players with points to prove. They went for broke under Sven with all the loan signings and big fees and again it took Pearson coming back to settle things down again with Morgan, Drinkwater, James all joining.

Mee and Davies were good players for us who have done well but were never long-term thinking unlike Hobbs and Morrison and I prefer that method.