Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

45 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Strange Iv just looked at him on Wiki says he played 145 times for us yet didn’t score so thought I was going mad but now you have said that too

Wikipedia only includes League goals on it's main apps/goals stats. I think the match you are referring to was a League Cup tie.

29 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Wikipedia only includes League goals on it's main apps/goals stats. I think the match you are referring to was a League Cup tie.

Was that the game when Schmeichael took out Speedie and wasnt sent off. Had about 10k there that night and a young Ryan Giggs ran us ragged.

48 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Was that the game when Schmeichael took out Speedie and wasnt sent off. Had about 10k there that night and a young Ryan Giggs ran us ragged.

Yes I think so. 1993, we took about 8000 fans, lost 5-1.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

Lars-Gunnar Carlstrand.  I was at Ewood Park when O'Neill tried to bring him on as a sub after he was apparently amazing for the reserves... and he didn't get chance before the final whistle.

So he's someone who NEARLY played for us, but this thread made him pop into my head.

We would have some fun trialists in pre season friendlies.  There was an Italian lad who looked like Jesus and played like he thought he was George Best and a Polish lad who played loads for Dundee United.  I remember really hoping we signed both... and wish I could remember their names now!

2 hours ago, jimsmallman said:

Lars-Gunnar Carlstrand.  I was at Ewood Park when O'Neill tried to bring him on as a sub after he was apparently amazing for the reserves... and he didn't get chance before the final whistle.

So he's someone who NEARLY played for us, but this thread made him pop into my head.

We would have some fun trialists in pre season friendlies.  There was an Italian lad who looked like Jesus and played like he thought he was George Best and a Polish lad who played loads for Dundee United.  I remember really hoping we signed both... and wish I could remember their names now!

Think it might of been Darius adamczyk 

Just been reminded of Miguel Vitor. On loan from Benfica.

He looked exciting but got a bad muscle injury in that farcical match in the snow vs Ipswich.

We all wanted to sign him but thought he'd be too good for us and go onto play for one of tge big 3 Portuguese teams. 

His career never really took off though.

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

Just been reminded of Miguel Vitor. On loan from Benfica.

He looked exciting but got a bad muscle injury in that farcical match in the snow vs Ipswich.

We all wanted to sign him but thought he'd be too good for us and go onto play for one of tge big 3 Portuguese teams. 

His career never really took off though.

I was ridiculously excited at the beginning of that season. 

Paulo Sousa seemed such a great appointment. We seemed to add loads of foreign talent and ex-internationals in that window and I was convinced we were going to walk the league. 

Turned into about as average a season you're likely to see, but it was the beginning of one hell of a journey.

Edited by RoboFox