Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

7 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Remember when Ric put together that list of tantalizing European starlets and we've gone settled for this lumbering oaf who just about gets in a championship midfield. Tears in my eyes lol

Just imagine Chalobah plays for AZ Alkmaar if it helps.

2 minutes ago, Watford Fan said:

Absolutely no way is he an attacking midfielder as he mainly sits in front of the back four and breaks play up, Chalobah is not very good with the ball at all and can't pass very well at all every other pass it seems like he concedes possession and he always gets caught on the ball to the frustration of most Watford fans.

Hahahahaaaa brilliant

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaaa brilliant

If you lot were looking at Will Hughes I would get that as he is too good for the the division and has transformed us since he come back from injury and was our player of the season last year and he can do that more advanced role. Chalobah certainly can't I am not sure he ever has in his career. 

Edited by Watford Fan

1 minute ago, Watford Fan said:

If you lot were looking at Will Hughes I would get that as he is too good for the the division and has transformed us since he come back from injury and was our player of the season last year and he can do that more advanced role. Chalobah certainly can't I am not sure he ever has in his career. 

You'd not let Hughes go though surely? Don't forget we are hardly make it beneficial to the clubs, we want a player on loan and don't seem to want to pay anything other than wages.

2 minutes ago, Watford Fan said:

I've always rated Hughes since his Derby days, close control seems brilliant.

Can't see Hughes going on the cheap though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Our only hope is that he suddenly looks better in a better team :unsure:

Receive the ball, give it to Youri or Maddison, that's all we want from you lol 

There is this, Craig Dawson was terrible for us lot last season and he looks like a Nemanja Vidic clone for West Ham this season (Okay a slight exaggeration but you get my point).

Edited by Watford Fan

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't agree with this, everything you describe would be true if Praet weren't injured. However he is and therefore Tielemans and Maddison (whom has had a catalogue of injuries in the last year) now have to play every game until April at the earliest. What happens if one gets injured, you honestly think we can put Chalobah in there? Fine as 3rd choice DCM but if he is having to slot in for Tielemans or Maddison then I think Ulloa's earthquake reading is in jeopardy. 

I'm about as underwhelmed as you are pal trust me. 

I just don't imagine we're swimming in options for the reasons given above. 

We clearly don't actually want to spend any money on this. 

I'm guessing we think Newcastle have a long term interest in Hamza and that we can get some money out of him going but not yet. 

I think we've literally got the begging bowl out and this is about the best we can rustle up without paying anything. 

I'd love it if we got the chequebook out. We all would. But I think the board will consider a quarter final Europa League exit and a 6th place finish to be a successful year given COVID and our injuries and I don't think they're willing to spend to push on and make sure we achieve more. 

Given we as fans don't know how badly either the club or owners have been hurt by COVID, it's kinda hard to argue with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've always rated Hughes since his Derby days, close control seems brilliant.

Can't see Hughes going on the cheap though.

Doesn't he make Darren Anderton's injury record look stellar?

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm about as underwhelmed as you are pal trust me. 

I just don't imagine we're swimming in options for the reasons given above. 

We clearly don't actually want to spend any money on this. 

I'm guessing we think Newcastle have a long term interest in Hamza and that we can get some money out of him going but not yet. 

I think we've literally got the begging bowl out and this is about the best we can rustle up without paying anything. 

I'd love it if we got the chequebook out. We all would. But I think the board will consider a quarter final Europa League exit and a 6th place finish to be a successful year given COVID and our injuries and I don't think they're willing to spend to push on and make sure we achieve more. 

Given we as fans don't know how badly either the club or owners have been hurt by COVID, it's kinda hard to argue with that. 

All I come back to is we enquired about Eriksen and Odegaard way before we sold Gray. We must have been willing to outlay x in wages for the rest of the season and since then we have got £2-3m for Gray + saved his £50k a week wages for 6 months. There is enough funds to pay a decent loan fee to a club for a player they could afford to leave on loan for half a season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

I actually think it's a shocker that this guy has been worthy of 26 pages and rising on our forums transfer board.  :giggle:

There's your answer - all of us are in shock hence the reactions :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Six degrees of seperation

lol

In all seriousness, he wouldn't get those numbers here because he wouldn't be on pens.

We don't need a defensive midfielder that scores goals. We have plenty of goals in the team as is.

Just now, AKCJ said:

lol

In all seriousness, he wouldn't get those numbers here because he wouldn't be on pens.

We don't need a defensive midfielder that scores goals. We have plenty of goals in the team as is.

We don't need a defensive midfielder, we need a creative midfielder to ease the burden on Tielemans and Maddison. Goals and assists are required from such a player, certainly more than 1 a season which Chalobah averages.