Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

I don’t know if he did I think Stringer actually mixed his words

He didn’t. Rodgers said they were looking at an attacking midfielder, and he replied “yes” when asked about the potential of bringing one in, and said “it will be good for the team”.

Shame we couldn't get Hamza out on loan but if worst comes to worse I'd rather have Hamza play in time of desperate need.

Hopefully we are in the market for this attacking midfielder Brendan was on about the other day though. 

Whatever happens, and regardless of 2021 conrext, it's so poor that we're scrounging around the Championship on the final day of the transfer window for a player. 

Won't be surprised if we collapse in the second half of the season, just like we did last season, when our strategy was almost identical. So strange for such a usually organised club. And Praet's injury was at the start of the month, so that's no excuse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I would rather play hamza and really try to develop him. He needs his own coach to look at his decisions and play

There’s something in this. He doesn’t look like he’ll make a 4 like Wilf or Papy, and he’s not a playmaker, but he could develop into a 6/8 which would be helpful 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He didn’t. Rodgers said they were looking at an attacking midfielder, and he replied “yes” when asked about the potential of bringing one in, and said “it will be good for the team”.

Yeah that doesn’t scream ‘we’re bringing one in’ though to me...

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Yeah that doesn’t scream ‘we’re bringing one in’ though to me...

For a manager like Rodgers it pretty much does. He’s not one to openly discuss something unless it is on. Not his fault nothing has come off of course, but he probably shouldn’t have said what he said. Just a “we will see” would have sufficed. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

There’s something in this. He doesn’t look like he’ll make a 4 like Wilf or Papy, and he’s not a playmaker, but he could develop into a 6/8 which would be helpful 

I just think too much training is about the team and the tactics for saturday.  Hamsa needs to decide what he wants to be and look at developing those skills and habits.  Surely we should hire a coach to develop one if our player ... we could add 10mil to his value 

• Like 1

I would have preferred to give Tavares a shot at back up over chalobah to be quite honest. Brendan supposedly rates him, so maybe give him a shot in the worst case scenario. 

it would suit us more than forcing a Hamza mendy 2. 

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

I think we'll still see something happen with one of the targets. If loans aren't possible a last minute permanent deal could happen with one of them.

Any grounds for this frankly outrageous optimism?

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Any grounds for this frankly outrageous optimism?

Just based on the fact if the club is wanting someone in I believe they will find a way. If they aren't that bothered then they won't. But never say never. Plus Chalobah starting doesn't mean a deal is impossible. It's happened before when players have played deadline day evening and then moved clubs.

• Like 1