Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

All I come back to is we enquired about Eriksen and Odegaard way before we sold Gray. We must have been willing to outlay x in wages for the rest of the season and since then we have got £2-3m for Gray + saved his £50k a week wages for 6 months. There is enough funds to pay a decent loan fee to a club for a player they could afford to leave on loan for half a season. 

Not forgetting that Slimani also left us this window while James went out on loan again (he would've been a better option than Chalobah, surely?)

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

ObZIB_yB_x96.jpg

#WatfordFC #LCFC #NUFC transfer update Understand with QPR game getting so close (7:45KO) Watford unlikely to let Chalobah leave. Leicester pushing for loan, but Watford want replacement & not set to get M Longstaff until Newcastle get player they need.

Oh no. It's fell through

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We don't need a defensive midfielder, we need a creative midfielder to ease the burden on Tielemans and Maddison. Goals and assists are required from such a player, certainly more than 1 a season which Chalobah averages.

Wouldn't worry about Maddison, we can put Perez at 10 and Vardy or Nacho at 9. 

Tielemans, we'd possibly drop Maddison back a bit. He did play deep a while back for us, and I don't think it would be too bad with Ndidi in the team. 

None of it is ideal, but we can tweak things. 

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

After getting in a Wolves reserve last year to secure Champions league football, we are now going for a Watford reserve to do the same.

Good joke guys, you had me going for a minute there lol.

Guys???

OK guys this isn't funny anymore :mad:

This move seems like it’s purely to help choudhury, which ordinarily would be okay. But given our league position is absolutely baffling. 

I understand finances are tight but there simply has to be a better deal out there. This just seems a tad lazy which is unusual for us. 

in truth, considering the minutes needed it’s likely that he would be fine for the role. With a loan for Hamza likely boost his value if he can do well. 

What’s more alarming is that we haven’t been able to add in youris cover... and I’f this is supposed to be that then we have big problems 

I don't know if many of you watch much American sport but I do and it makes me much more relaxed about this than everyone else seems to be.  Building a squad with suitable backups that fit within financial constraints is the norm there.

The Los Angeles Lakers can't have fifteen Lebron James in their squad.  Admittedly a lot of that is to do with salary caps etc, but whilst not mandated as such, that's what we're under here.  He'll just be backup.  I know it's not exciting and I know we're all still upset by Ryan Bennett but it's nowhere near the end of the world as this thread makes things feel. (Liverpool buying a CB from Preston has also calmed me down)

Of course, I'm saying that and I'm sure there are better options out there for similar money that wouldn't raise as many eyebrows as this move would!  But COVID and Brexit and the general insanity of the world means something like this is a much more sensible option than buying someone from Sporting Lisbon for a fortune, paying them a fortune and finding out they're terrible.  At least Brendan knows this guy.

I'd still prefer Maitland-Niles mind you 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Watford fans say his knees are shot to pieces and cannot run. Vulgar.

Against Stoke the other week, he was jogging about the pitch, piss poor performance from him, especially first half.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Please could you describe Chalobah's playing style. Would it be fair to say it's consumer fraud to declare that he is an attack minded midfielder? 

I'd say his PL stats sort of answer that question,

Appearances    51
Goals    0
Assists    2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Here is quite simply an ASTONISHING stat... Chalobah out of 226 games of his career has played ACM once! ONCE. 

Just let that sink in. He did get an assist in that game though 😂😂😂

Equally astonishing fact here for you.

Out of Kasper's 403 games for Leicester, he has played in goal 403 times.

• Haha 4

Guest bss9401
6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Against Stoke the other week, he was jogging about the pitch, piss poor performance from him, especially first half.

Nope, you're mistaken; Hamza didn't come off the bench v Stoke :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, Watford Fan said:

I am a Watford fan in peace, Leicester are a bit of second club to me because quite a few years ago now I was the academy and then studieD at DMU. I just wondered what your thoughts are on Chalobah? I was just trying to make sense of the transfer really. It seems very unusual to me he will literally offer yous nothing. He has looked bang average in the championship this season and the vast majority of Watford fans probably wouldn't mind seeing him leave in all honesty and would probably be happy if we managed to get a replacement in. What I find strange is Choudhury is better than him.  

This Watford fan is 100% telling us the truth.

I’ve watched you many times this season, as my mother is a Watford fan.

Almost every time I’ve seen him he’s been bang average, can produce the odd good tackle and interception, but he can be very lazy and his passing at times has been woeful.

I knew there were rumours of Capoue potentially leaving in the summer, he went in this window instead, but going off what Watford fans were saying during that period, you would have rather kept Capoue as your DM, instead of Chalobah?

Fair assessment?