Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's the Goal I was just thinking about but I thought it was for Chelsea.

That's a skill no one else in our team can do and yet some think he isn't good enough for us.

Wasn't Brendan his Manager at Chelsea. This could still happen.

Mate, it’s been years since he scored that.... and he’s done **** all since. You can’t hope to draw some quality out of a player just because he’s spunked one in from 20 yards years ago. 

While we’re at it let’s give Freddy Adu a contract he looked mint in an under tens game once, maybe Brendan can polish him up? 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's a skill no one else in our team can do and yet some think he isn't good enough for us.

Plenty of our squad have scored screamers before... Maddison, Tielemans & Barnes are all capable of a worldy. Even Amartey has slapped one in at that range before I think?

Wish people would stop going on about his connection with Rodgers as well. Rodgers left Chelsea in 2008 which means Chalobah would've been like 12/13 when he last worked with him lol

• Like 1

I find it hard to understand how the club didn't learn from Bennett last season, that signing probably had a hand in deflating the whole squad for the second half of the season and we've gone and repeated it. I'd bet we're the only Premier League club that would sign him too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Who's justifying it because of a screamer he scored once lol

Surely nobody?

I just posted it as a matter of interest. In case people didn't realise that was the same bloke.

Best goal I've seen live I think. That or the Di Maria one.

23 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We may as well go spunk as much as we can afford on Charlie Adam then, eh?

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Plenty of our squad have scored screamers before... Maddison, Tielemans & Barnes are all capable of a worldy. Even Amartey has slapped one in at that range before I think?

Wish people would stop going on about his connection with Rodgers as well. Rodgers left Chelsea in 2008 which means Chalobah would've been like 12/13 when he last worked with him lol

If they are I wish one of them would do it instead of trying to walk everything into the net. 

He played for Rogers before and we know he has history of going back for old players. Maybe he thinks he can get the best out of him again.

We'll just have to wait and see who the mystery player is.

Arguably this is an even more bizarre potential signing than Bennett:

First, he's a defensive midfielder when what we actually need is cover for Youri.

Secondly,  whilst Bennett was not getting in the Wolves' team, he was at least a PL reserve for a decent side. Chalobah is not even getting regular games for a Championship side!

Thirdly, Bennett was signed to allow us to send Benkovic out on loan to get some much needed first team action for us to assess him.  We don't need to loan Hamza out for that purpose as we know what he can and can't do in the PL already without needing to send him to Newcastle. We also know he's clearly a superior player to Chalobah, so we're in effect weakening our squad for no apparent reason. 

All very odd!

Edited by Sunbury Fox

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

True

Equally he hadn't scored once since Genk, That is until I appealed to Brendan to teach him how to keep the Ball down when shooting in training.

And he done it brilliantly against Chelsea.

Seriously though, Provided it's only a Loan, Chalobah is probably as good as we're likely to get in this window. At least he would add height at set plays at 6ft 2 in Tall.

We'll know soon either way.

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Arguably this is an even more bizarre potential signing than Bennett:

First, he's a defensive midfielder when what we actually need is cover for Youri; and

Secondly,  whilst Bennett was not getting in the Wolves' team, he was at least a PL reserve for a decent side. Chalobah is not even getting regular games for a Championship side!

Thirdly, Bennett was signed to allow us to send Benkovic out on loan to get some much needed first team action for us to assess him.  We don't need to loan Hamza out for that purpose as we know what he can and can't do in the PL already without needing to send him to Newcastle. We also know he's clearly a superior to Chalobah, so we're in effect weakening our squad for no apparent reason. 

All very odd!

....and what is worse, Chalobah is in about 29k a week more than Hamza so assuming we are covering all his wages, we are actually paying more per week to weaken our squad!

• Sad 1