Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

6 hours ago, Milo said:

I’m less annoyed by this than with the Palace and West Ham results. 

Take it in the chin, then onwards and upwards 

Hopefully this will be a kick up the arse for the players, yes we have been doing well, yes we are in the top 4. No we can't turn up and win without putting the effort in. They will learn, they are still a young team, none of them will want a repeat of what happened last season. They will dust themselves off and come back stronger. I feel for Fulham because after today these players are going to be out to prove a point. We are where we are because we deserve to be. 

7 hours ago, Manini said:

Having had time to reflect, just a blip, we’ll be fine when N’didi and Vardy are back. 

But in all seriousness please will somebody come and rescue me from the West Yorkshire area? @Leeds Foxcan I come and form a support bubble with you and just watch the 2004 Nalis game on repeat until Wednesday? 

lol Only just seen this. Haven’t been on my phone all afternoon! 

Bring beers. 

• Thanks 1

We made them look good going forward and solid in defence.

We were just sloppy and absolutely ineffective. I think nearly every team in the league would’ve taken something off of us today.

Leeds’ performance obviously played a part but I don’t think they were particularly good. The last goal was just far too easy and probably flattered them a bit (not in terms of the result but in the way the game went). 

• Like 1

U can paint this loss any way u like , but the facts say we need a forward who can a) hold the ball up

b) can score goals

we also need another attacking midfielder so when YOURI is off his game we can try something different, but the clubs obvious refuse all to do anything about getting both spots filled will be are downfall again this year . 

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Frankly, I just don't get why Brendan doesn't relieve him of the set piece duties. He has been CONSISTENTLY POOR at it.

I can understand if he wanted to give him a few months to see what he can do. But a few years? It is pure blindsided-ness and favouritism just like how he persisted with Chilwell until it was forced out of his hands.

• Like 1

I wish  BR man up and admit that he completely stuffed up last night.

I always said if you think dollars you'll get dollars. If you think cents you'll get cents.

We must stop questioning ourselves about are we good enough for top 4 and realise our true potential to become a title winner again. Why the bloody not?

Look at our squad,

-Danish National goal keeper.

-Northern Irish, French (youth) and Turkish national team defenders.

- Star and young midfielders from England, Belgium, Nigeria, Portugal and Turkey.

- And one the most celebrated and gifted striker in England football history.

So what is the reason for us to not go for a title for year?

Because our coach has only a few game plans and he stick to them. He is a traditionalist. One size dress must fit all mentality reflects to every single game regardless who we play with Fulham or Man City. He doesn't have enough versatile, winning mental capacity for the EPL.

Have you watched Liverpool game tonight. Klopp all of a sudden started with Shakir and Origi. He keeps rotating and create variation in his game plan. Because he is bold, creative and looking to expand possibilities.

In the other hand we are witnessing worthless,  no good Perez staying in the pitch while 90 minutes because BR shitting his pants to move, chop and change the team and try new variations and possibilities.

32 years old Sharky who spent 75% of his last 5 years on the bench, became his bloody saviour despite having very congested numbers of players (Ricardo, Castagne, JJ and Cengiz) we have on this position/area.

This current group of players can give us more, can take LCFC to higher places but we need a coach with a guts.

BR balls doesn't size up big enough to reflect true potential of this team.

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

We made them look good going forward and solid in defence.

We were just sloppy and absolutely ineffective. I think nearly every team in the league would’ve taken something off of us today.

Leeds’ performance obviously played a part but I don’t think they were particularly good. The last goal was just far too easy and probably flattered them a bit (not in terms of the result but in the way the game went). 

100% give the ball away like we did then Prem teams will score. Leeds had a good 10 min spell after they scored their first but all of their goals came from shocking management of the ball.

• Like 1

Woke up this morning again feeling really perplexed at LCFC

How can we play so well for a few weeks, to again play so badly at home? 
It doesn’t make sense. This team is the biggest Jekyll and Hyde team we’ve possibly ever had?

We have to be honest. Last season we absolutely chucked away a pretty nailed-on Champions League spot due to becoming very very crap after Christmas. 
That’s made me so apprehensive I guess, that this team can again go from hero to zero very quickly.

Strange times to be a City fan. We can go from sublime to pretty awful within a few days. And what was clear yesterday was that when Bamford scored his wonder goal to put them in the lead, we were clueless as to how to respond.

We have to now bounce back and win the next game.

Edited by Col city fan

I keep saying to myself our top 4 chances are limited because as sublime as we've been in recent weeks, we've still got one of these absolute garbage performances in us!

Our home form is very concerning, lost 5 games to pretty much nothing teams, some of which are having good seasons, but even so we should be able to give them a game or at least get a frustrating draw.

I don't think Leeds were that good, they had the better chances 1st half but we were much the better side 2nd half. All their goals and chances came from the same type of situation, a ball pumped over the top or out wide for them to latch on to, they had no intricate passing play or anything, in the middle of the park they were either looking for a free kick or giving one away every 5 seconds.

Completely stifled us, apart from forfana I thought our defensive display was pretty shocking and our midfield or forward players either couldn't get going properly or had a shocker. Perez may as well have been sent off, and although mendy tried you realise how much our attacks come from wilf winning a ball back when the opposition are on the move and then a quick forward pass or one two from maddison, or tilemans, yesterday's lack of that made them look poor.

I switched off post match as soon as souness said for any football fan Leeds are a joy to watch! Leeds are nothing special, they are either hit or miss, they do what they do well, but half the time it don't work, I fully expect them to suffer a 2nd season syndrome!

8 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Still not going to explain what it was that you found so funny in the original post? Not enough emojis to string an argument together?

Yep I misspelled his name. Laugh it up chuckles. 

Misspelled it? You came up with an entirely new one! :D

Posting an analysis of players' statistics, then getting the name of one of the players wrong I found funny.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It doesn’t make sense. This team is the biggest Jekyll and Hyde team we’ve possibly ever had?

We have to be honest. Last season we absolutely chucked away a pretty nailed-on Champions League spot due to becoming very very crap after Christmas. 
That’s made me so apprehensive I guess, that this team can again go from hero to zero very quickly.

Strange times to be a City fan. We can go from sublime to pretty awful within a few days. And what was clear yesterday was that when Bamford scored his wonder goal to put them in the lead, we were clueless as to how to respond.

I don't think that inconsistency is a Leicester specific kind of thing though right?

We know that on their day, any team can beat any team, in football in general, but especially in the Premier League. 

We know that on our day we play amazing stuff and can (and do!) beat anyone. But we also know that occasionally we will play worse or overtly poorly and come unstuck. 

It's only really the biggest and best squads with the top managers that are able to sustain higher levels of consistency - by definition that's how the sport and the league works. And looking at the table there's only actually a few teams that are being more consistent than us. 

Maintaining a high of level of performance is literally the most fundamental aspect of team sport, I'd wager. But it's pretty expected that we won't or can't maintain it for long. 

I agree with you that we don't look like getting back into games we're losing or how to respond to big setbacks. And I look forward to us actually playing well and losing at some point this season (think all losses we've ranged from very poor to getting battered). It's crazy to think that if our home form was just even a little bit better than 4th worse (!) we'd be top. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Come on Col. You're not this stupid. Missing Wilf and Vardy is quite a clear reason. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Why are you trying to preempt this about Rodgers? It's actually quite astonishing that a section of our fans are incapable of appreciating what he's actually done here. Incredible.

Woah nature boy. Im hoping we’ve learnt from last season and it doesn’t happen, but if we drop off again like last season (which that yesterday reminded of too many games from the back end of last season) the blame lies with him and he must come under criticism , simply because it’s happened again. 
Injuries haven’t helped obviously, but we can’t just blame it on injuries. 
After the Everton game, I actually felt as though we’d taken a massive step forward as a club... going up there and dominating like a big side with big club mentality, for me, was the most pleasing thing this season, but more importantly shows how far we’ve come. Then I watched that yesterday and my first reaction straight after the game was ‘it’s happening again’... 

Always raw emotion after a game but I hated everything about that performance yesterday. It brought back memories of last season - guess that’s the point I was trying to get across 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Woah nature boy. Im hoping we’ve learnt from last season and it doesn’t happen, but if we drop off again like last season (which that yesterday reminded of too many games from the back end of last season) the blame lies with him and he must come under criticism , simply because it’s happened again. 
Injuries haven’t helped obviously, but we can’t just blame it on injuries. 
After the Everton game, I actually felt as though we’d taken a massive step forward as a club... going up there and dominating like a big side with big club mentality, for me, was the most pleasing thing this season, but more importantly shows how far we’ve come. Then I watched that yesterday and my first reaction straight after the game was ‘it’s happening again’... 

Always raw emotion after a game but I hated everything about that performance yesterday. It brought back memories of last season - guess that’s the point I was trying to get across 

I think, perhaps, it might be fairer to wait before assuming it's all about to go south again on the basis of one sub-par performance. It might FEEL like last season again, but you're writing as though it's a fait accompli.

Time will tell, and it might prove you correct too, of course. One bad result doesn't mean that the club hasn't and isn't taking massive steps forward. Where I am sure we might agree is that how the club/team responds to this is vitally important.

• Like 1