Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Every corner is utter shite Maddison takes 

every free kick he has lead boots...

Every time the opposition takes a corner it results in a chance.

Corner 676 for Maddison to land it on someones nut.

How many times to we have to see the same thing.

Totally agree. He shouldn't be anywhere near corners. I've been saying this for ages now. It's a glaring weakness. We have power and height potential but rarely the chance to test it out

One of those days today unfortunately. Players nowhere near up to standard, a lot of them off form; Evans, Mendy, Maddison, Albrighton, Perez.

Made too many wrong decisions, whether that be the wrong pass or one too many touches. That's simply what it was, mistakes costing us. Whilst I and others will be begrudged to admit, those mistakes got punished by a decent side 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

What's the opinion on the dismissed possibility of a penalty when fofana got pulled to the ground? I thought we were unlucky not to get one 

Lack of consistent refereeing. Another day it would have been given. If the ref had awarded it then VAR wouldn't have overturned the decision imo

• Like 2

I don't think we lost today because Vardy and Ndidi weren't. I believe that we could and we have played well without them. 

I think that Rodgers panicking just from the thought of not having them on the squad, and consequently influence the rest of team.

Edited by BlackFox

Remember that plan about playing at a neutral venue a while back? let's resurrect that plan or request to play our home games at Seagrave, because our home form is a thing now, boring.

There were fleeting glimpses of Leicester City and Barnes' goal was exceptional, but it's hard to play a game like that with 6 players.

Maddison, Perez, Albrighton, Justin, Evans all on a really grim off day.

Tielemans only got moving in the second half.

Leeds had a good game plan, they outplayed us and unlike last time, they took their chances today, Bamford's goal was really good. 

There's no doubt we'll see a bounce back on wednesday, but the game we had today, unfortunately, we're going to have a few more of those before the season closes. 

So Sad. That has probably cost us any chance of the PL this year which we had some  chance of doing. Perez does n't pick himself which means its not 100% his fault. I can only guess at the effect on the rest of the team when they find out he's playing and I would forgive the below par performance of many of the others after ten minutes of playing with him. I don't think its too outlandish to say we might well have done better to play with ten men. Its soul destroying watching him.. His only contributions I remember are his offside ruling out a goal, his possibly preventing a goal by Evans off Soyuncu's header. He's like a teenager among men ,always in space because no one bothers to mark him knowing that in 3 strides they can catch him and take the ball off him. He can't keep up with the forwards when they attack and when he loses the ball he can't keep up with the opposition going the other way.

I'll be blunt .Anyone who has failed to recognise (difficult for the wilfully blind) what a liability he is bears a tiny part in the responsibility for 3 points lost. We can't afford to give Man C 5 + points start. The club and BR obviously ignore this forum but a unified forum might have been heeded. 

He must be a very unhappy man. He seems a decent guy and must be aware of what he's achieved today . No. I'm not overeacting .It would have meant a great deal to me and others to finish at least second, possibly top again.

Still there's the cup. EFL and maybe a top 4 finish provided BR , who after all is responsible for much of the greatness in this team, wakes up. He saw what I saw today. I feel almost as sad for Under. Why was n't he sent on at half time ? 12  minutes to turn a match around would be a big ask even for Messi.

Gutted, I don't think I fancy MOTD.

Edited by Alan Frost

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t want him up there, we need better. But at no point did we get today or against Everton the space we gifted those two teams.

It’s not all on him, we didn’t get much from the full back other than a few bits. Tieleman’s trying to run everything but with little movement and packed defences you have to be perfect. Barnes didn’t get into the game enough and Maddison barring one pass hardly impacted the game positively.

We have to do more as a team all around to create the spaces. Whether it’s drawing teams out or working the ball up to him. 

Vardy hasn’t scored for a while and only has 5 goals from open play. Perhaps we need to asses the style if the strikers are struggling in open play at the moment? 

No, it’s not all on him. It’s also on Rodgers for expecting him to be something he’s not. And not using this transfer window to strengthen our attack.

Vardy’s touch was pretty awful against both Southampton and Chelsea but he still managed to stretch the defences with his runs and understanding of the lone striker role, which in turn helped others make use of the spaces he created and got us the wins.

Against Chelsea our shape and cohesion was perfect. So I’ve no problem with our style of play. But once you put a square peg in a round hole, you’re asking for trouble. Perez’s inclusion badly affected Maddison’s game against both Everton and today. Albrighton too. Vardy can’t come back soon enough.

15 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Can't see us top 4 this season, lost too many games to average sides.  I'd be happy if we make the Europa League again.

I don't get this rationale.

We've won enough games to be 3rd in the league. We're not there by some randomisation or luck. And we've lost some stupid games, but we've won a hell of a lot more and been in good form for most of the season. 

So while we may have lost games to average sides, we've also beaten some average and better ones, which get us to 3rd right now. Which is part of the top 4. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If the players didn't think it was a foul, how do you know better? :thumbup:

I dare say that in the rough-and-tumble in such situations the players aren't aware of what's happening elsewhere in the box.  They are concentrating on their personal battle and don't have the luxury of the TV to see what's happening elsewhere.

For what it's worth, it looked a clear foul to me, the only doubt being whether it was a strong enough intervention to earn a penalty (some refs might, and some won't).