Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

55 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

One of those days today unfortunately. Players nowhere near up to standard, a lot of them off form; Evans, Mendy, Maddison, Albrighton, Perez.

Made too many wrong decisions, whether that be the wrong pass or one too many touches. That's simply what it was, mistakes costing us. Whilst I and others will be begrudged to admit, those mistakes got punished by a decent side 

Just about the most accurate summary of the game I've read.

I didnt think it was a bad performance really. Leeds took their chances better than we did at the end of the day. We had some really bright spells but failed to capitalise.

Not really much more to add. I hope Under comes in as were severely lacking pace at the top end of the pitch, that's all really. Onto the next one

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm seeing a lot of misplaced anger on here.

I could get it if this was the latest in a run of poor performances, but it's one game - until today, only Man City had a longer unbeaten run. It happens.

to me its not the fact that we lost, ITS HOW WE LOST. we wasted so many chances and played with no urgency and over complicated everything. lazy and disrepectful from the players

Edited by NasPb

Started off really sloppy with the ball and it set the tone for our play. Took the lead and then inexcusably gave it up almost instantly. Individual mistakes aplenty and no real team cohesion. Played the game exactly how Leeds wanted us to.

Hopefully just a blip but some worrying signs going forward. We must respond instantly 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Having tried him, and found him wanting, he keeps playing him.

Don't get why people say "shame his goal was disallowed" without pointing out that it was very slack of him to not be aware and get back onside quickly.  In the same situation it would be very unlikely to find Vardy, or any other smart forward, straying carelessly offside.  Another example of why he's not good enough as a striker (and no matter that he prefers a false 9 role, he should be much sharper and more aware in potential goal-scoring situations).

Not long back..Vardy has been caught offside...carelessly...but its nonsense getting involved in tit for tat discusions, it proves nothing either way...!!

Top players get caught in all various Offside positions

I already said he seem Lightweight for where hes playing... That said he & other players had decent chances to score.....Bit

Leeds Counter-attacked well, & caught us cold...

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Started off really sloppy wit the ball and it set the tone for our play. Took the load and then inexcusably gave it up almost instantly. Individual mistakes aplenty and no real team cohesion. Played the game exactly how Leeds wanted us to.

Hopefully just a blip but some worrying signs going forward. We must respond instantly 

I agree. It’s alright saying they’re a good side and they punished our mistakes but we made it so ****ing easy for them. We literally played the perfect game against them at ER, after that game all the pundits came out and said they’d need to change their style of play to stand a chance in the division, they haven’t changed at all, they are the exact same team. All we had to do after taking the lead today was keep it tight for the next 5/10 minutes and we’d have multiple opportunities to pick them off on the break just like the game earlier in the season. Instead we gift them a sloppy goal instantly and they’re rubbing their hands together because we’re in the exact position they want us in. We played completely in to their hands all afternoon and not taking our chances highlighted that 10 fold which it often will in this league. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pub breath said:

Well I came on here after you to tanked us at ER so hopefully no resentment in me doing so now also.

Obviously delighted to get very close to a full reversal of the Elland Road score and we are starting to learn things.  People say Bielsa won't change and they are true to a point, the core principles will remain but the last couple of games have seen a more conservative game plan where we conceded possession in certain areas where we would have pressed.  The gaping hole in the middle of the park has been closed somewhat and you were restricted to a lot of long shots.  That was the most streetwise I've seen us since we came up.

Stats say you may not miss Vardy normally but for me, you did today.  He the has movement and pace that could have unsettled us and you were poorer for that.

Did notice a few half time comments saying Leeds tire in second halves.  This is as untrue as the idea we tire in the second half of a season.  We keep going full tilt for 90 plus injury time, every game.

I think we are close to me be able to say "look forward to playing you next season".  Which is mental, in January.

Well done on your win. Played much better this time around. Agree with you regarding Vardy's absence and Ndidi was also sorely missed. 

Think you did tire a little in the second half but we just weren't good enough to capitalise. Obviously the 3rd goal only comes from us pushing everyone forward but still exploited us well. Disappointed we played the game on your terms today

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well I came on here after you to tonked us at ER so hopefully no resentment in me doing so now also.

Obviously delighted to get very close to a full reversal of the Elland Road score and we are starting to learn things.  People say Bielsa won't change and they are true to a point, the core principles will remain but the last couple of games have seen a more conservative game plan where we conceded possession in certain areas where we would have pressed.  The gaping hole in the middle of the park has been closed somewhat and you were restricted to a lot of long shots.  That was the most streetwise I've seen us since we came up.

Stats say you may not miss Vardy normally but for me, you did today.  He the has movement and pace that could have unsettled us and you were poorer for that.

Did notice a few half time comments saying Leeds tire in second halves.  This is as untrue as the idea we tire in the second half of a season.  We keep going full tilt for 90 plus injury time, every game.

I think we are close to me beimg able to say "look forward to playing you next season".  Which is mental, in January.

We had a bad day at the office, for sure.

You were better all over the pitch and, yes, you'll stay up no problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well I came on here after you to tonked us at ER so hopefully no resentment in me doing so now also.

I think we are close to me beimg able to say "look forward to playing you next season".  Which is mental, in January.

I’m sure you’ll all enjoy that one. Well played today, but I’m not sure you’ll have an easier afternoon away from home all season in all honesty! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maynefox said:

I challenge anyone to try and convince me why Perez is not a waste of space? Genuinely interested to see if anyone has a convincing argument for him because I know for a fact Nacho would have contributed more past two games than Perez.

How do you know for a fact? Have you some dimensional portal that allows you to see a reality where nacho was chosen over Perez? I can do that, BR should have played Morgan up front because I know for a fact... oh wait, he probably would. Bad example lol. Perez in the first half at least provides movement for other players to exploit. I don't think Nacho does that. People complain about Perez's speed, but Nacho is slower. Neither can score. It's about what other aspects of their game they can bring. And I'm not going to say Perez is some world class player at that but IMO he's marginally better than what I've seen from Nacho. 

For me I get BR's argument about playing Barnes as a traditional striker, but I feel like today's first half, why not play Barnes, Perez and Under rotating. I still don't think it would have saved us because it wouldn't stop their counter which clearly they're very good at. And I don't think I'd want Barnes roaming up front if we were to play a more defensive formation to catch them on the break. 

Bitterly dissappointed we lost but we will still be in top four after this round of matches.....Crucial we bounce back in midweek cos as we saw last year falling into a losing streak can happen all too easily and be hard to get out of , particularly this season where it seems if you’re not at it 100% on the day and the opposition are you lose .Too many of ours weren’t at it today and seemed to be easily bullied off the ball especially Perez and Maddison. After a bright start (like at Everton) Barnes too seemed to go into his shell and seemed unwilling to take their defenders on . Sadly it happens . So yes we were nowhere near our best but still credit to Leeds for taking advantage of this fact with a controlled more physical game  with good counter attacking and finishing when the chances came along.

20 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

We couldn't play through your press very well. 

You outran us (not unusual when a team is keen to rectify an early season humbling) 

Bamford's finish was absolute top drawer. Those sort of things are how PL teams differentiate themselves from the dross. 

As you say, you lot were far more streetwise than I'd  imagined. I'd seen the naive performance at Newcastle, when I felt you'd got away with it and we'd punish such a wide open midfield.

Thoroughly deserved 3 points. Fair play.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

If Bamford doesn't get an England call up it'll be another example of Southgate's ineptitude. He offers so much in closing down and unselfish for the Harrison goal. 

• Like 1

Slightly odd game really. Leeds scored with literally their first shot of the second half and even then we looked far more likely to score the next goal than them. That is until that utterly ridiculous 3rd for them when we seemed to forget to leave anyone back whilst attacking a corner.

Need to dust ourselves down and go again, whilst praying that Vardy and Ndidi have spent the week in the cryo chamber so they can start against Fulham! 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

I can't remember one conceded goal annoying me as much as that 3rd goal.

We have 10 minutes left. Not last chance saloon, but also time is running out.

We spend literally one whole minute from winning the free kick to taking it (as though we ever score headed goals from set pieces anyway), and leave nobody back for when the ball inevitably comes back where it came from.

Naïve isn't the word. It's absolutely fvcking stupid and I'm livid.

It should have just been a case of putting a hand on the ball and playing a quick free kick.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

If Bamford doesn't get an England call up it'll be another example of Southgate's ineptitude. He offers so much in closing down and unselfish for the Harrison goal. 

I've been a Bamford fan for some time but he did used to frustrate in front of goal.  His all round game has always been really high class.  He says he's done a lot of work on his finishing and has become more clinical as a result.  International level would be another step up.  

I'm not sure yet.  If he keeps this form up then he becomes impossible to ignore but I'm not totally convinced yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Slightly odd game really. Leeds scored with literally their first shot of the second half and even then we looked far more likely to score the next goal than them. That is until that utterly ridiculous 3rd for them when we seemed to forget to leave anyone back whilst attacking a corner.

Very true. Too many people look at the score and not the performance. Goals change games. 

Tactically we were Ok second half. Accepted we weren't having things our way. Slow the game down, kill it even. Stop the basketball. And back ourselves to create a chance or capitalize on an error. 

As it happened, they did it to us. Let us make an error and a piece of genuine class to win the game. 

Never ceases to amaze me that football fans don't understand that this sport is a game of losing too. Success is never linear.

48 minutes ago, Manini said:

I agree. It’s alright saying they’re a good side and they punished our mistakes but we made it so ****ing easy for them. We literally played the perfect game against them at ER, after that game all the pundits came out and said they’d need to change their style of play to stand a chance in the division, they haven’t changed at all, they are the exact same team. All we had to do after taking the lead today was keep it tight for the next 5/10 minutes and we’d have multiple opportunities to pick them off on the break just like the game earlier in the season. Instead we gift them a sloppy goal instantly and they’re rubbing their hands together because we’re in the exact position they want us in. We played completely in to their hands all afternoon and not taking our chances highlighted that 10 fold which it often will in this league. 

Is it possible that we had an off day at Elland Rd ? , all comments on here are how Leicester made it easy , didn't play well , Leeds are not that good.... It's laughable . I get team bias , we all do that , but no two ways about it best team won today no question. You can only play the team in front of you , win some lose some. 🤷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I feel pretty rational about that, we played OK, lost to the better team, I was more frustrated with the Everton game then this one, was I happy to see Perez in the team at Everton not particularly, do I give him a bit of credit for our goal sure, he assisted Barnes, even though Barnes did most of the work, we have tried Perez for 2 games, it hasn't really worked out, we have at least 3 more games without Vardy, if Under or Nacho isn't in the starting lineup against Fulham, I for one will be annoyed, i'm convinced we will sign a striker in the summer, hence why we aren't doing anything in this window, Vardy will miss 6 games minimum between now an the end of the season, our next 3 and 3 somewhere else, i'd be tempted to try Under for Barnes, an Barnes up top, if he doesn't fancy Nacho for whatever reason.

How can you be so 'rational'?? Leeds are a better team? They are newly promoted and we are an established Premier League team supposedly aiming for top 4.

Nobody associates with Leicester should be happy with today. If we can't cope with Old Man Vardy and Ndidi then Rodgers needs to be held accountable. No way should we be losing 3-1 at home to a side like Leeds.

Pretty much every player was terrible after the first 20mins, Rodgers got his system wrong twice in the same match, and we conceded from our own attacking freekick. That's before you get to Madison who was completely anonymous other than twatting the ball at a Leeds player with every single one of our dead balls (apart from when Soyuncu had a go and hit it straight out from the halfway line).

I mean, when we are all calling for Madison to stop taking free kicks, we don't mean Soyuncu should take them instead :facepalm: