Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

14 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I think we’d all be delighted if Perez had ‘flattered to deceive’ like that...

player stats from today’s game for Perez and Bamford

3 Shots

2 ShotsOT

5 KeyPasses

2 Dribbles

2 Fouled

1 Offsides

1 Dispossessed 

6 unsafe touches

2 Shots

2 ShotsOT

3 KeyPasses

0 Dribbles

1 Fouled

0 Offsides

1 Dispossessed

7 unsafe touches

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

player stats from today’s game for Perez and Bamford

3 Shots

2 ShotsOT

5 KeyPasses

2 Dribbles

2 Fouled

1 Offsides

1 Dispossessed 

6 unsafe touches

2 Shots

2 ShotsOT

3 KeyPasses

0 Dribbles

1 Fouled

0 Offsides

1 Dispossessed

7 unsafe touches

You’ve just offered me a free hit. So forgive me but I’d be foolish not to use it:

Bamford -  1 goal, 2 assists

Perez - none of the above

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hammo said:

No, it’s not all on him. It’s also on Rodgers for expecting him to be something he’s not. And not using this transfer window to strengthen our attack.

Vardy’s touch was pretty awful against both Southampton and Chelsea but he still managed to stretch the defences with his runs and understanding of the lone striker role, which in turn helped others make use of the spaces he created and got us the wins.

Against Chelsea our shape and cohesion was perfect. So I’ve no problem with our style of play. But once you put a square peg in a round hole, you’re asking for trouble. Perez’s inclusion badly affected Maddison’s game against both Everton and today. Albrighton too. Vardy can’t come back soon enough.

Ha Maddison was rubbish because he’s been pretty rubbish for a while (barring that one or two bits of individual brilliance).

He rarely impacts a game constantly like Youri does. Chelsea was made for him, because they had all attackers and powder puff ones at that in the middle. He had time and space, as we did because they had a lot of ball and we could catch them up the pitch. Like comparing chalk and cheese.

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

You’ve just offered me a free hit. So forgive me but I’d be foolish not to use it:

3 defensive mistakes

0 defensive mistakes

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Perez maddison were definently the worst out there today, but evans, mendy, alrbgihton, and various others were awful as well. What hurts me the most isnt the fact that we lost, rather that we basically gave it all to them. no effort, no urgency, nothing. they didnt win we gave them the 3 points. only ricardo and barnes played well. keep playing like that and we wont even be top 10. some of these lot need a kick up the arse and more competition. idk if we were just tired or what but that level of preformance is unnacpetable against anyone, and ANY opposition will beat you if youre as lazy wasteful and terrible as we were today. this is almost all on the players. rodgers selected a good team but should have put on the team he put out at half time. i feel bad for him. seriously not at fault for that prefroamce 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ha Maddison was rubbish because he’s been pretty rubbish for a while (barring that one or two bits of individual brilliance).

He rarely impacts a game constantly like Youri does. Chelsea was made for him, because they had all attackers and powder puff ones at that in the middle. He had time and space, as we did because they had a lot of ball and we could catch them up the pitch. Like comparing chalk and cheese.

I lost interest in this discussion after the condescending ‘Ha’.

Easy to get down about days like today and think they're the reason we won't get top 4. But since we last lost at home to Everton:

Liverpool dropped points against West Brom, Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton.

Chelsea dropped points against Wolves, Villa, Arsenal.

Man U dropped points against Sheff U & Arsenal.

Spurs dropped points against Wolves and Palace.

Gonna be a bumpy ride, buckle up.

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Not wrong though lol 

Yes, wrong and no insight as to what actually was wrong. Rodgers is a clown etc etc.? Of course, that's why we are going so well overall?

Overreaction as I said elsewhere. Aside from Schmeichel, we were undoubtedly poor all round today after we scored. Leeds deserved their win for working hard and taking the chances.

Last week we dominated Everton in the second half with the same set up and players. Today, they are all shite? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

41 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

He needs a back five behind him. Our high line and back four doesn't work with Mendy infront of them.

Also we are more exposed at set pieces unless we have the extra CB on without Ndidi

Yet with a back line of 4 we drew 1-1, whereas we lost 2-0 with a back line of 5.

You are right, though, that we are exposed on set pieces with Mendy.  I can't understand why he acts as one of the markers for corners.  It looks ridiculous when you see how much smaller he is than the man he's marking.  I would think about dropping someone else back to do that job and deploy Mendy on the edge of the area to snuff out the second phase.

1 hour ago, AS1413 said:

Too many people get frustrated when pundits don't include us as a title concerned or 'Top Club'..the fact is we aren't.

We have had years to get another striker but never bothered, we lose two players and crumble.

This bunch of players have quality,  but their lack of consistency is frightening. Its actually embarrassing today.

Perez is an imposter to the Premier League and Maddison has done his best to ensure Southgate goes home assured he's made the correct decision to not include him in the England set up.

The fact we are so reliant on Vardy and Ndidi is the reason we'll never challenge for the title.

You have only got to look at the players we are linked with buying to see we are miles off being a top club.

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Hamstringing ourselves in the race for top 4 for the second year in a row by not signing a Vardy backup. Doesn't matter if its Perez or Iheanacho playing, they are both nowhere near good enough for a team pushing the top of the league. 

It's like playing with 10 men. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. :appl:

Think a lot of others have hit the nail on the head about today. Evans ambling about playing Bamford onside for the second and Mendy getting swatted away like a fly for the third particularly irked me. First goal was as if we weren't there, they had so much time and space. Hate to single out Mendy again but he spent the whole move having literally no chance of affecting play. Not close enough to put a challenge in or force and error, but not aware enough to read where the pass would go and cut it out. Just standing in no-man's land, might as well have not been there.

Perez for me doesn't read the game well. I think he can be quite handy on the ball even though his decision making is poor sometimes, but he doesn't sense what's about to happen. He doesn't win 50-50s because he's always a couple of yards away from where he needs to be. Definitely something that improves with game time for most players so perhaps if he plays more he'll get better at it, but on tonight's evidence he just looks a bit out of his depth.

Shame we couldn't get a result tonight as we looked ok until we went a goal up. Would like us to give Fulham a good hiding to make up for today. 

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm seeing a lot of misplaced anger on here.

I could get it if this was the latest in a run of poor performances, but it's one game - until today, only Man City had a longer unbeaten run. It happens.

You're seeing a lot of spoilt brats spitting their dummy out. I'm still wondering which heads are going to roll if we don't win Wednesday...

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Which I had already covered in my previous post to that 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're seeing a lot of spoilt brats spitting their dummy out. I'm still wondering which heads are going to roll if we don't win Wednesday...

Lots of eyes, not sure about heads :D