Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

Honestly I'm not gloating , I do go on plenty of forums win lose or draw just to read . I'm genuinely interested. One thing that always stands out , Leeds forums included, is the denial  of the loss. Always the same , the losing team just didn't play well  it wasn't that the other team deserved to win. Been a fan long enough to see plenty of ups n downs 🤷

Uh huh.  Is that why you waited for the game to finish before making an account on here?  Transparent.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

I haven't seen one post denying that you deserved to win.

Come on the majority of posts on here are much of a muchness , we didn't play well, X player was poor today, X player is out and without them we're not the same, manager made poor decisions it goes on and on. Basically saying the only reason you lost today is because you were poor not Leeds were just better 🤷 There's plenty saying if we'd have scored first in the second half we'd have won. Fact is you didn't and didn't .

I'll happily admit you well and truly turned us over at Elland Rd, no question, but maybe we didn't win today because you weren't at it we were just better. Touch of arrogance maybe , home bias , we're all guilty of that. 

Who knows , that's the great thing about football and fans , there's always the other side to the coin and long may it continue. 

3 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Teams we've lost to:

West Ham - number of Hammers fans in post game thread 0

Fulham - number of Fulham fans in post game thread 0

Liverpool - number of Liverpool fans in post game thread 0

Villa - number of Villa fans in post game thread 0

Leeds - loads of them. What is this about? Why do Leeds fans insist on coming onto other forums post game? We weren't all signing up to Chelsea forums the other day. What is this obsession with talking (lets be honest - gloating. Most of the pre match Leeds visitors were conspicuous by their post game absence after the away game) to the opposition fans? What do they want? They want us to tell them they were great? Get angry at them? Get into an argument? Say Bamford should play for England? I don't understand what they get out of it, or why they do this when no-one else really bothers with it.

I just had a really good tug over Bielsa's tactical masterclass. Hopefully that will placate them.

• Haha 2

Just now, orangecity23 said:

Teams we've lost to:

West Ham - number of Hammers fans in post game thread 0

Fulham - number of Fulham fans in post game thread 0

Liverpool - number of Liverpool fans in post game thread 0

Villa - number of Villa fans in post game thread 0

Leeds - loads of them. What is this about? Why do Leeds fans insist on coming onto other forums post game? We weren't all signing up to Chelsea forums the other day. What is this obsession with talking (lets be honest - gloating. Most of the pre match Leeds visitors were conspicuous by their post game absence after the away game) to the opposition fans? What do they want? They want us to tell them they were great? Get angry at them? Get into an argument? Say Bamford should play for England? I don't understand what they get out of it, or why they do this when no-one else really bothers with it.

It's literally just an endorphin trip for them.  If it was a legitimate interest in debating other fans they'd have shown up after the away match, or at the very least before this one kicked off.  In all fairness today is probably the biggest achievement as a Leeds fan if you're under 30 so you can forgive them for getting a little excited.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If you think we’re all going to toss off over Leeds after today you’re in the wrong place. 

Either I'm coming across wrong or you're taking it wrong my intentions for coming on here are genuine .Whichever,  I'll bow out , good luck for the rest of the season. On a side note I was genuinely happy when you boys won the league the other year, I really did enjoy that someone else other than the so called big 6 won it. 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

Either I'm coming across wrong or you're taking it wrong my intentions for coming on here are genuine .Whichever,  I'll bow out , good luck for the rest of the season. On a side note I was genuinely happy when you boys won the league the other year, I really did enjoy that someone else other than the so called big 6 won it. 👍

I’m just surprised that you’re surprised that we’re posting mostly about ourselves on here !

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I've had a beer and cooled down a bit. Football is puzzling . I don't understand how BR who is largely responsible for building such a fine team , and squad ,man managing the players so well, can make such mistakes in selection which imo cost us 3 points today. Football has given BR a couple of bad personal knocks from which he has recovered well . I certainly rated him as a very good manager and had outside hopes he might become one of the few great managers .  As yet we have n't had a really great one, by my definition, and are due one. another Pl title would have been a good start,now almost  impossible.

Its disappointing to have hopes dashed by bad selection ( in my view we have a squad which contains 18/19 class players with another two aging but capable of a good 45 minutes or even full match.) That has meant a strong team has always been available probably since New Year, and to select outside those 18/19 players by  selecting Iheanacho or Perez may have been necessary before New Year but never since. Losing to Man C, L'pool or at the moment West Ham I think would be  acceptable especially without Vardy and Ndidi , and in the case of Man C likely. To see the good perfomances of  players stepping  up from the weaker part of the squad in 2020 eventually wasted meant today was a big disappointment. That',s football of course, the price of being a fan.

BR has greatly improved not just the team but the squad as well ,quite rapidly, so I still have hopes we achieve top 4, a very good EFL perfomance and maybe given a bit of luck a cup final. That should give us the cash to further upgrade the squad, but a couple more bad team selections could blow all that in 3 hours. 

Edited by Alan Frost
Can't remember,probably just spelling

22 minutes ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

Come on the majority of posts on here are much of a muchness , we didn't play well, X player was poor today, X player is out and without them we're not the same, manager made poor decisions it goes on and on. Basically saying the only reason you lost today is because you were poor not Leeds were just better 🤷 There's plenty saying if we'd have scored first in the second half we'd have won. Fact is you didn't and didn't .

I'll happily admit you well and truly turned us over at Elland Rd, no question, but maybe we didn't win today because you weren't at it we were just better. Touch of arrogance maybe , home bias , we're all guilty of that. 

Who knows , that's the great thing about football and fans , there's always the other side to the coin and long may it continue. 

Only just bothered actually reading this comment. You're a joker, mate, that bit in bold is particularly egregious.  You've come onto a Leicester forum claiming to want to talk objectively about the match despite apparently never having heard of our missing players like Vardy and Ndidi (I say never having heard of because that's the only explanation for dismissing the comments about injuries as though they have no bearing on the outcome) nor realising that today's formation was an injury-enforced switch away from our usual one (again, same dismissal).  Leeds won, well done, but you're clueless, do your due diligence next time you venture to another team's forum hoping to get a handjob.

A Leeds fan looking at their goals will see three well worked goals, and want to focus on how good their play was. A Leiceter fan looking at those goals will see them as exactly the same kind of goals we've conceeded against Fulham, West Ham, and countless other teams, especially in the back end of last season. Which is why most of the chat will be about how annoyed we are at our players - because this isn't anything new, its the resurfacing of old ****s up we've made previously, and clearly haven't learnt not to keep doing. Again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Every corner is utter shite Maddison takes 

every free kick he has lead boots...

Every time the opposition takes a corner it results in a chance.

Corner 676 for Maddison to land it on someones nut.

How many times to we have to see the same thing.

I've said for a while that I'd prefer to see Tielemans taking the corners and long free kicks into the box and let Maddison deal with direct free kicks. Maddison is god awful at picking up height (or a man) with the ball from a corner. 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

If you agree and think that’s the worst individual performance you’ve seen then either you’re drunk or you haven’t been watching us very long. He’s not a centre forward for me at all, I’ve been very vocal about that. Disappointing today 

No, it's not the worst performance l have seen. He isn't a centre forward  but he didn't make it when played  on the right. No one can accuse Rogers of not having given him a chance to make his mark. I believe he tries his level best  but he hasn't come off, and Rogers needs to come to terms with that - sooner rather than later. 

I'm still annoyed about how much Souness was tugging them off after the game. 'You have to love their honesty...you can't not love it. They were brilliant'. 

I'm amazed a Leeds fan needs to come on here for some gratification when they've had it all season from Sky Sports, win lose or draw!

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

God knows why I’m seeing so many posts asking for Under to be played up top. Same reason we haven’t played Albrighton, Lloyd dyer, Knockaert, Mahrez, Gray etc up front over the years. Because they’re not ****ing strikers 

Fair point but with Vardy injured who would you play up front? Perez hasn't come off. I believe that Kelechi  offers more, a physical presence and a greater goal threat but Rogers is set against him.  Under can at least beat a man -yes he did sky the ball when he should have passes but failing to keep shots down is common to so many forwards (our great strikers such as Lineker, Vards and Mahrez have been good at keeping shots down). Our options are limited. Who would YOU chose?

1 hour ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

You're mistaking a Leicester supporter's forum for the sky studio. Of course Leicester fans are concerned about where it went wrong for Leicester. Weapon.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Fair point but with Vardy injured who would you play up front? Perez hasn't come off. I believe that Kelechi  offers more, a physical presence and a greater goal threat but Rogers is set against him.  Under can at least beat a man -yes he did sky the ball when he should have passes but failing to keep shots down is common to so many forwards (our great strikers such as Lineker, Vards and Mahrez have been good at keeping shots down). Our options are limited. Who would YOU chose?

Iheanacho is and has been the obvious choice for me personally. For all his faults he’s a GENUINE goal threat and at least offers us a platform to play off. His linkup play and finishing is decent, we don’t need our striker dropping in deep to create play we’ve got Maddison Tielemans Barnes to do that. Find it bizarre how little’a look in he’s had since Vardy’s injury. 

I’ve posted a lot on the matter I’ll give it a rest now lol

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

God knows why I’m seeing so many posts asking for Under to be played up top. Same reason we haven’t played Albrighton, Lloyd dyer, Knockaert, Mahrez, Gray etc up front over the years. Because they’re not ****ing strikers 

You're right, but neither is Perez.  Under looks to be more likely than Perez to latch onto scoring opportunities, though, and has speed, sharpness and trickery.  The problem is - he's not been given enough game time to develop a strong rapport with the rest of the team, nor for his ability on the pitch to be fully assessed.

But what can we lose by working on it in training and giving it a go.  It can't be a worse option then persisting with Perez.  However much he gives it his best shot, we look so toothless when he plays, and it must be disheartening for our midfield when a ball to him almost always sees the move break down or the wrong option taken.

1 hour ago, Alan Frost said:

I've had a beer and cooled down a bit. Football is puzzling . I don't understand how BR who is largely responsible for building such a fine team , and squad ,man managing the players so well, can make such mistakes in selection which imo cost us 3 points today. Football has given BR a couple of bad personal knocks from which he has recovered well . I certainly rated him as a very good manager and had outside hopes he might become one of the few great managers .  As yet we have n't had a really great one, by my definition, and are due one. another Pl title would have been a good start,now almost  impossible.

Its disappointing to have hopes dashed by bad selection ( in my view we have a squad which contains 18/19 class players with another two aging but capable of a good 45 minutes or even full match.) That has meant a strong team has always been available probably since New Year, and to select outside those 18/19 players by  selecting Iheanacho or Perez may have been necessary before New Year but never since. Losing to Man C, L'pool or at the moment West Ham I think would be  acceptable especially without Vardy and Ndidi , and in the case of Man C likely. To see the good perfomances of  players stepping  up from the weaker part of the squad in 2020 eventually wasted meant today was a big disappointment. That',s football of course, the price of being a fan.

BR has greatly improved not just the team but the squad as well ,quite rapidly, so I still have hopes we achieve top 4, a very good EFL perfomance and maybe given a bit of luck a cup final. That should give us the cash to further upgrade the squad, but a couple more bad team selections could blow all that in 3 hours. 

Stick to drinking more beer

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan Frost said:

I'm being an arsre sorry