Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

23 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I've been a Bamford fan for some time but he did used to frustrate in front of goal.  His all round game has always been really high class.  He says he's done a lot of work on his finishing and has become more clinical as a result.  International level would be another step up.  

I'm not sure yet.  If he keeps this form up then he becomes impossible to ignore but I'm not totally convinced yet.

Other than Kane (and Vardy) it's between him and Calvin Lewis for goals scored this season so far. And his off the ball work, ability and assists are much better than the usual England international suspects. That includes Calvin Lewis imo. I'd choose him before considering Rashford. But I understand the reticence tbh. I'd worry that he can't perform at the same standard outside of the Leeds/Beilsa setup.  

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m not an Ayoze Perez fan at all but jesus wept, when did you start watching us? Last week?

He made two decisive interventions. One, he got himself offside unnecessarily for his goal-that-wasn't. Two, when Soyuncu won the header in the area, he got in the way of Evans putting the ball in at the far post. Apart from that hie displayed his uncanny knack of losing possession. God only knows what Rogers sees in him. Could Under be played in his place? Maybe not a conventional striker but  at least he can beat a man and has shown potential to impact a game. 

Shambles. I feel again the players have wanted to believe in their own hype. Every time we get a bit of momentum going it comes back to bite us and we get shown up. 

The defending and concentration at the back at times is non league like. Every corner for the opposition is a big chance now. 

I think we have a real arrogance to us at times, expecting to turn up and win. Shocking. 

Perez is poor. We need to realise this. He's a victim of not having a nailed on position. Kelechi isn't the answer either. Both not good enough for a top half team let alone European outfit. The club simply have to get a striker in, if we don't, then ambitions of finishing in top four will disappear again. It's like having a man short up front without Vardy. 

Making that cvnt Bamford look good is bad enough. Hate Leeds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Yet with a back line of 4 we drew 1-1, whereas we lost 2-0 with a back line of 5.

You are right, though, that we are exposed on set pieces with Mendy.  I can't understand why he acts as one of the markers for corners.  It looks ridiculous when you see how much smaller he is than the man he's marking.  I would think about dropping someone else back to do that job and deploy Mendy on the edge of the area to snuff out the second phase.

I agree. But we didn't do to badly when playing Mendy with a back five behind him earlier on in the season like the previous Leeds match, man city, arsenal, etc.

We only went back to a back four when Ndidi was fit again. As you say, a big reason for that could be defending set pieces.

24 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

He made two decisive interventions. One, he got himself offside unnecessarily for his goal-that-wasn't. Two, when Soyuncu won the header in the area, he got in the way of Evans putting the ball in at the far post. Apart from that hie displayed his uncanny knack of losing possession. God only knows what Rogers sees in him. Could Under be played in his place? Maybe not a conventional striker but  at least he can beat a man & blast the ball into row Z with nary a thought for a better placed teammate 

Fixed that for you @Post Horn Galloper

• Like 1

We were what ... 9 unbeaten in all comps? Yes today we were poor and didn’t look at it. Luckily Kasper kept us in it, if we’d have scored first in the second half I think we’d have won. It was a poor performance all round really which in respect to our form will hopefully be an anomaly. 

45 minutes ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

Is it possible that we had an off day at Elland Rd ? , all comments on here are how Leicester made it easy , didn't play well , Leeds are not that good.... It's laughable . I get team bias , we all do that , but no two ways about it best team won today no question. You can only play the team in front of you , win some lose some. 🤷

I’m a Leicester fan posting on a Leicester forum mate. I couldn’t give a **** about Leeds and how you played. I was making a point about how we played and how I saw it. 

• Like 3

God we are frustrating. Why is it in the games that I feel most confident in that we end up churning out the worst performances. When we are bad, we really do stink the place out.

Yes we created some chances, but you’d expect that against Leeds. We were toothless up front, totally lacking creative ideas, lost the midfield battle and were open at the back. Add in the shit show that was our set pieces, as usual, and it’s hard to think of any positives.

Maddison infuriated me today. He has to be better than that. He is our No.10 and can’t simply go missing like he did today. He’s massively improved his goal scoring threat this season but to play in that position he needs to offer so much more. Comparisons to Grealish are tiresome and to be honest an insult to Grealish. 

Next three are going to be really tough. Two low blocks and Liverpool. I just hope we don’t try the same old formula on Wednesday. We need something different without the movement of Vardy and the physicality of Ndidi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

I'm seeing a lot of misplaced anger on here.

I could get it if this was the latest in a run of poor performances, but it's one game - until today, only Man City had a longer unbeaten run. It happens.

You and many others know there will always be negative doom mongers on here that are crying into their chips every time we lose or draw. These are the ones that "don't understand" football. Reactionaries that praise us to the skies and believe we're the best in the PL when we win and then hate all the players and BR and tip us for failure every time we don't. Idiots

• Like 4

I’ve not read through all the post-match comments so if this has been said already, I apologise.

If today proved anything it is that yet again, without Ndidi our midfield can be bullied and simply run over. Leeds pressurised us today (regularly fouling our midfielders when we were in possession similar to Everton earlier in the season) and when the ball is turned over we are easy to run at because Mendy and Tielemans lack the physicality & pace and Maddison is non-existent in this department. Evans becomes suspect when players are running at him & Fofana showed his naivety too today.

Vardy is a major loss but with Ndidi in the team, I think we win that game today. He frees up Youri to do what he does well and Wilf’s sheer power and athleticism break up so many threats in front of our defence.

Such a disappointing result because endeavour apart, Leeds are not that great.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

You sound a bit unhappy , don't let 1 defeat get you down 👍

Mate, coming on here gloating just isn't classy.

The other two or three Leeds fans don't see the need, not sure why you do.

1 hour ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

He made two decisive interventions. One, he got himself offside unnecessarily for his goal-that-wasn't. Two, when Soyuncu won the header in the area, he got in the way of Evans putting the ball in at the far post. Apart from that hie displayed his uncanny knack of losing possession. God only knows what Rogers sees in him. Could Under be played in his place? Maybe not a conventional striker but  at least he can beat a man and has shown potential to impact a game. 

If you agree and think that’s the worst individual performance you’ve seen then either you’re drunk or you haven’t been watching us very long. He’s not a centre forward for me at all, I’ve been very vocal about that. Disappointing today 

14 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

:crylaugh:

What does this even mean? What other English player has scored more than Bamford and Calvin Lewis this season (other than Vardy, not available for callup and Kane)? The next strikers behind them are Callum Wilson (10) and Ollie Watkins (8). All better than Rashford on 7. Have you stats that prove my opinion that Bamford's closing down, work rate and assists is worse than those in contention for International call up (let alone laughable). But then putting a single emoji is a compelling argument, I bow to your insight.  

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

How can you be so 'rational'?? Leeds are a better team? They are newly promoted and we are an established Premier League team supposedly aiming for top 4.

Nobody associates with Leicester should be happy with today. If we can't cope with Old Man Vardy and Ndidi then Rodgers needs to be held accountable. No way should we be losing 3-1 at home to a side like Leeds.

Pretty much every player was terrible after the first 20mins, Rodgers got his system wrong twice in the same match, and we conceded from our own attacking freekick. That's before you get to Madison who was completely anonymous other than twatting the ball at a Leeds player with every single one of our dead balls (apart from when Soyuncu had a go and hit it straight out from the halfway line).

I mean, when we are all calling for Madison to stop taking free kicks, we don't mean Soyuncu should take them instead :facepalm:

on the day I meant, not overall obviously, I thought that context was inferred by the league table.

Edited by Beachyboy

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Mate, coming on here gloating just isn't classy.

The other two or three Leeds fans don't see the need, not sure why you do.

Honestly I'm not gloating , I do go on plenty of forums win lose or draw just to read . I'm genuinely interested. One thing that always stands out , Leeds forums included, is the denial  of the loss. Always the same , the losing team just didn't play well  it wasn't that the other team deserved to win. Been a fan long enough to see plenty of ups n downs 🤷

1 minute ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

Honestly I'm not gloating , I do go on plenty of forums win lose or draw just to read . I'm genuinely interested. One thing that always stands out , Leeds forums included, is the denial  of the loss. Always the same , the losing team just didn't play well  it wasn't that the other team deserved to win. Been a fan long enough to see plenty of ups n downs 🤷

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

I haven't seen one post denying that you deserved to win.

5 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

What does this even mean? What other English player has scored more than Bamford and Calvin Lewis this season (other than Vardy, not available for callup and Kane)? The next strikers behind them are Callum Wilson (10) and Ollie Watkins (8). All better than Rashford on 7. Have you stats that prove my opinion that Bamford's closing down, work rate and assists is worse than those in contention for International call up (let alone laughable). But then putting a single emoji is a compelling argument, I bow to your insight.  

Doesn't take much tbf.

Calvin Lewis. :giggle:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bairdys gonna get ya said:

We didn’t play well, it’s as simple as that.

We looked tired, our passing was poor and fair play to you, you gave us no time on the ball.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Just made the mistake of googling him thinking that I’d missed the emergence of an exciting new England number 9