Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Striker

Might as well table this thread and all other transfer dealings till the end of the season. We're gonna have to carry on with our existing players. Just hope we don't lose anymore to injuries. Timmy and Lil Wes is another kick in the balls at the mo

The basic problem we face is that vardy pushes the defenders back as they are wary of his speed. This creates space for Madison etc.

Perez comes deep and compresses the space for Madison. 

Play under right on the sholder of the centre backs.  That will creat the space. 

Perez works hard... but his way of playing 9 doesn't help our creativity.

Nacho is too deep too.

Under at 9

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Baz1664 said:

Surely Daniel Sturridge would be a good shout until the end of the season, free agent and BR knows him well? 

Welcome to the forum Mr. Sturridge.  Thanks for the offer but whilst we are a little hard up at the moment, we aren't desperate. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Spurs have a similar problem in finding a guy who’s happy to play second fiddle to Kane. 

For us, it needs to be a young striker that’s happy with limited game time and/or can play alongside Vardy.

Vardy is 35 next season, it's not really the same as Kane. We need to start resting him more, he'll know that and so will anyone coming in. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Spurs have a similar problem in finding a guy who’s happy to play second fiddle to Kane. 

For us, it needs to be a young striker that’s happy with limited game time and/or can play alongside Vardy.

Spurs have that Sid Vicious bloke now though, he looks pretty decent and is certainly a much better option than ours!!

50 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Patric Bamford is not our answer, Danny Ings maybe, He is only 28, would be big bucks though

Don't think Danny Ings would want to come to Leicester Spurs maybe. While Patrick Bamford would be ideal here (we were linked with Bamford several years ago aswell), kind of a Vardy apprentice. And all those who said he's a one season wonder said the same thing about Vardy once ago

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I know, but I meant in terms of persuading somebody to come in that won't really get a proper look in.

What I'm saying is, they will get a look in. He's 34 turning 35 next season, they will know that they will play a lot of games and it's only going to become more and more. 

5 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Patric Bamford is not our answer, Danny Ings maybe, He is only 28, would be big bucks though

It’s a funny one, I instantly decided it was a dumb idea, but thinking more about it, he does hold the ball up, he does bring others into play, yeah he ain’t fast, but this is no longer Vardy prime strength either

Edit Not that he would come. lol

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Bamford.... one half decent season in 10 years and people want to sign him. Which by the way isn’t going to happen as we wouldn’t pay what they wanted.

The point was more that he represents something that could work in lieu of Vardy

My first thought when we're looking for a player is to ask who is the outstanding, young up and coming striker in the Championship?  Trouble is, I can't think of anyone outstanding but them I don't tend to watch much Championship football.  Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure that Toney or Armstrong are the answer although it is amusing that those two are both Newcastle rejects and both scoring bags of goals whilst the Geordies labour on with Joelinton and Andy Carroll up front.