Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be surprised if he chose to sign a new deal and I'd be surprised if we offered him a new deal. He's the sort of fringe player I can see being part of the overhaul, we need to lose 7-8 players in the next year or so.

As a home grown talent I almost feel guilty for hoping that this is the case. I just don't see him ever being more than a useful utility player. 

I do, however, expect us to lose Mendy and then we're suddenly a bit short of CDM options. 

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

As a home grown talent I almost feel guilty for hoping that this is the case. I just don't see him ever being more than a useful utility player. 

I do, however, expect us to lose Mendy and then we're suddenly a bit short of CDM options. 

We've another year of Mendy if we want him and we should. Hamza also only has a year on his contract. Soumare is a DCM too, we don't need that many DCM's if we have no European football which is looking a real possibility. In fact it's only our horrendous injury problems that mean we need more than 2 players for every position.

I'd expect by the summer of 2023 that Braybrooke will be integrated in to the 1st team too.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've another year of Mendy if we want him and we should. Hamza also only has a year on his contract. Soumare is a DCM too, we don't need that many DCM's if we have no European football which is looking a real possibility. In fact it's only our horrendous injury problems that mean we need more than 2 players for every position.

I'd expect by the summer of 2023 that Braybrooke will be integrated in to the 1st team too.

To be honest I'd forgotten about Soumare. Largely because I've not yet worked out what sort of player he's supposed to be 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

To be honest I'd forgotten about Soumare. Largely because I've not yet worked out what sort of player he's supposed to be 

He is not a defensive central midfielder as far as I can see. More of a link player who can carry the ball. Likewise Mendy who is more of a deep lying playmaker. Neither are particularly good at out and out defending and protecting the back line albeit Papy did do well at closing down attacks against palace. Hamza is probably the closest to Ndidi in terms of a DCM but not as effective.  It is such an important role that we really need a decent quality back up to Ndidi. Soumare arguably needs more time to impress and I’d definitely keep Mendy as he offers something different, particularly in his comfort in receiving and playing in tight areas. With the emergence of KDH and resurgence of Mendy some tough choices probably have to be made to trim squad size and make space for newcomers/youngsters to come through. 

The problem with the potential departures is our high salaries. If Hamza wasn't so well paid he might be interested in a permanent move but he is well paid. Seeing out his contract would be the best option for him if he wants to maintain his earnings. We are getting harder to leave than the Hotel California.

• Like 1

He can’t be on £60k?!

Hes not really done anything for us, other than the odd game here and there!

I wanted him to succeed but I don’t think he will for us and for £60k a week we need to get him off the books and replace with someone who can actually play in this team.

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

He can’t be on £60k?!

I wanted him to succeed but I don’t think he will for us and for £60k a week we need to get him off the books and replace with someone who can actually play in this team.

His agent played a blinder, often had him linked in the press to huge clubs just as he was breaking through here. I too thought it can't be true but plenty in the know have confirmed he's on very very good money here.

• Like 1

Him along with about 4 or 5 others needs to be shown the door sooner or later and replaced with better players. Either experiences pros who can do a job and sit on the bench, but will bring a good mentality, or young players looking to break through in a prem team but won't be expecting to play week in week out.

Basically just follow the Pearson model :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 09:44, jmono84 said:

He can’t be on £60k?!

Hard to "do anything for us" when he's never started.  Can't remember a game in which he's appeared this season where he's let us down, which is more than can be said for several team members.